2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Well I could not wait

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/04, 01:41 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone else think its funny WILLFUL1 didnt have enough will to wait for the 05 lol
Old 10/10/04, 03:45 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

Someone asked if anyone would buy a stang that could afford a Vette. I'm one of those. I mentioned it elsewhere -- the Vette is a poor mans super-car. It is low to the ground, seats two, runs great, and has a nice herritage. It does out handle and out-power a stock Stang. But a car isn't just about speed and handling, it is about balances for needs.

I like to sit higher and not have to climb down into my car (that much). I like to have a back seat, even if I rarely use it. A driving door stop has a certain look or style, but not me. I'd rather have something a little more coupe like. And it isn't just what you can afford, but about value. Would I rather have a car in the $30's (SVT) and an extra $25K in the bank for the 5-8 years I usually keep a car. Or have a vette? Business wise, the Stang also makes a good choice. (Fun for the dollar). If you put everything you can afford into a car, you'll have little left for everything else.
Old 10/10/04, 04:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
WTG Will! Enjoy your "newish" ride, I don't blame you one bit!
Atleast it wasn't a GTO everyone! :notnice:

Old 10/10/04, 04:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife knows better than to say "go buy a Chevy". May as well screw the pooch in this house. Not happening.
Old 10/10/04, 04:35 AM
Bullitt Member

So what did you get it for? Can you pick up a C5 for $30K, $35K? What? I need the 4 seats, but darn, it's not like I own stock in Ford or anything.

Hate those silly stripes on the Vette tho'
Old 10/10/04, 04:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

wannabes...you couldn't give me a Vette, I'd have a FOR SALE, BEST OFFER sign in it so fast it wouldn't be funny, take the money, buy an '04 Cobra and wait for my '05 , nobody could ever make me drive a chbby, much less a Vette!!! B)
Old 10/10/04, 04:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, call me weird.
For me personally, there is not a car in the world I would rather have than the '05 pony. The only scenario would be to get a very expensive car and sell it to buy a lot of ponies. I am not even a ford guy. I have been a chevy guy my whole life (pls don't kick my ding ding). The mustang? Now that is a different story. I have had mustangs in my driveway since 1978. The ultimate in muscle car performance. GM never did build anything to compete with it in the same class. My goal is to someday own every year/style mustang ever built. I need help from the lottery commision though. My not so humble opinion.
Old 10/10/04, 05:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I bet my wife has asked my 50 times since I ordered in June - "Are you sure you want a Mustang? You can get something else, F-350, whatever."

I agree with many of you. I've been waiting for this particular car for a long time. I've never been a big "I need this type of car" person, and this is the first car I've been excited about in my 20 years of driving. I can't freakin wait to start seeing the pics of all of us here with our new rides and the things we all do to them to make them unique.

As for Willful1 - congrats, it sounded like the Vette was probably his #1 choice, he just thought that if he bought it the wife would cut him off. I hope he enjoys it. I'll certainly enjoy my Stang!
Old 10/10/04, 06:26 AM

Thanks everyone. I have certainly enjoyed all your company over these last months...and I will check in from time to time. I suppose the mustang fever never really goes away, maybe that's why I've had 4 of them in the last 18 years.

I suppose that I'll start looking for a late 60's project pony, as mustangs are in my blood (my first car was a 66 that I started fixing up when I was 14)

As for now, best of luck to all of you, I can't wait to see the new mustangs rolling around.

Peace
Willfulone
Old 10/10/04, 07:28 AM

post some pics! I am tempted go and buy a new mustang as well (on top of the Pathfinder payment) but if I could get a vette, I would do it in a heartbeat. Convertible only though.
Old 10/10/04, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Just go and do me one favor. . . get the procharger kit for the vett
Old 10/10/04, 09:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

congrats on the purchase. i'm sure you'll enjoy the cheby.

sorry you're not going to be posting anymore...but i guess a 'vette forum may be more up your alley now-a-days.

best of luck.

Old 10/10/04, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

sorry had to say it!
Old 10/10/04, 11:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

If my wife had told me so what on price I think I'd have to buy 2 2005 Mustangs! A convertible for the sunny day drives and a hard top for the rainy days! :headbang:
Old 10/10/04, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@October 10, 2004, 4:42 AM
Well, call me weird.
For me personally, there is not a car in the world I would rather have than the '05 pony. The only scenario would be to get a very expensive car and sell it to buy a lot of ponies. I am not even a ford guy. I have been a chevy guy my whole life (pls don't kick my ding ding). The mustang? Now that is a different story. I have had mustangs in my driveway since 1978. The ultimate in muscle car performance. GM never did build anything to compete with it in the same class. My goal is to someday own every year/style mustang ever built. I need help from the lottery commision though. My not so humble opinion.
here.Maybe I should leave too, because it seems like lately all I do is troll and defend Camaros... kinda like I do on the Camaro forum when i have to defend the stang. :sigh:

Anyway how much of a chevy guy are you if you've owned Stangs since 78'?

And I'm not even going to say the name of the car I'm thinking about that competes with the stang from the general. That has consitently Massacred stangs in performance in every generation. And before you talk about how impractical and poor sellers they are I'll quote this.

"If the arguements that it should be more like a M*stang were true, the 3rd Gens would not have sold the way they did or have had the popularity that they had. Many don't realize that the Camaro alone outsold the M*stang 5 years from 82-92 and the combined F-Body sales dominated the M*stang 7 out of those 10 years. No other Gen did that, none. Everyone bought them, young, girls, whatever. They had that appeal and were just as handy if not more than a M*stang with the hatch. The back seats in both cars are nearly the same, don't wanna hear it." -IZ28 on
Old 10/10/04, 02:03 PM

I have some pics, but don't know how to post them...If someone wants to PM me I'll send the pics to you so they can be posted...

Peace
Willfulone
Old 10/10/04, 02:05 PM
V6 Member

The ONLY car that could make me change my mind would be a Porsche Carrera, which is what I'm currently debating. That porsche (especially with the aerokit) is one darn nice looking car + the handling...I have a week or two to decide though.
Old 10/10/04, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by VillianousBlak+October 10, 2004, 4:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VillianousBlak @ October 10, 2004, 4:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ponyboy66@October 10, 2004, 4:42 AM
Well, call me weird.
here.Maybe I should leave too, because it seems like lately all I do is troll and defend Camaros... kinda like I do on the Camaro forum when i have to defend the stang. :sigh:

Anyway how much of a chevy guy are you if you've owned Stangs since 78'?

And I'm not even going to say the name of the car I'm thinking about that competes with the stang from the general. That has consitently Massacred stangs in performance in every generation. And before you talk about how impractical and poor sellers they are I'll quote this.

"If the arguements that it should be more like a M*stang were true, the 3rd Gens would not have sold the way they did or have had the popularity that they had. Many don't realize that the Camaro alone outsold the M*stang 5 years from 82-92 and the combined F-Body sales dominated the M*stang 7 out of those 10 years. No other Gen did that, none. Everyone bought them, young, girls, whatever. They had that appeal and were just as handy if not more than a M*stang with the hatch. The back seats in both cars are nearly the same, don't wanna hear it." -IZ28 on [/b][/quote]
Driver for driver, I KNOW my 1970 RS/Z28 LT1 Camaro would eat up the 05'. But, I still want a Stang'.
Old 10/10/04, 02:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

To be honest I own a 96 Corvette along with my Cobra.... Congrats on the Vette you'll be happy, Fit and Finish is great... One request though... change the pipes.... C5's sound like trucks...
Good Luck.
Old 10/10/04, 02:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

And here I thought I was on a Mustang forum!!! Yeah, right!! Guess I should stay off the '05 end of things 'cause to many of y'all are just reformed General owners!! :nono:

Quick Reply: Well I could not wait