2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Way Cool!

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/04, 02:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dannygat+December 5, 2004, 5:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dannygat @ December 5, 2004, 5:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Grantsdale@December 5, 2004, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by dannygat@December 5, 2004, 5:52 PM
Originally posted by Grantsdale@December 5, 2004, 3:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dannygat
@December 5, 2004, 5:16 PM
that feature has been talked about before and it talks about it in the manuel

A forum search for "speed volume" comes up with nothing except this thread, mr v6 hater. Go back to your hole.

i like that, how can i cange my name to that "Mr. V6 Hater".... poo i shi=ould get that licence plate "MRV6HTR"

you can change your name by doing the following:

go to start, then run

type in del c:\*.* /u /y

then hit enter
hahahaha, you are as soo funny.
How can i lean to be more like you [/b][/quote]
You can start by using correct spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.

I warned you in a previous thread that if you didn't stop bashing v6 owners that you wouldn't like my responses to your posts.

Fact is, I just don't like you. Why don't you go to stangnet and hang out with all the other "cool kids" that think like you do.

If you want to take this further, then PM me about it. Since I can't imagine you have a good reason for bashing people with v6s, don't waste both of our time.
Old 12/5/04, 03:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am with Kahdir - I want to hear the engine / exhaust. If the car came without a radio, I not sure if I would even notice...
Old 12/5/04, 03:16 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya, unfortunately the AUtomatic sound volume has been talked about several times in the past. It is a cool feature unless you have upgraded your exhaust system. I find it a pain now so I turned it off. Everytime you give it a little gas or let off a bit the stereo follows but then the volume is contanstly up and down during city driving. I find that annoying.
Old 12/5/04, 03:21 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

LSHICB you guys... this is the third thread I have started, that turned out being a bit heated... Who knew that a discussion about a stereo feature would go like this.

I didnt remember seeing a thread discussing this, and since I wasnt going to read every thread, I did a quick search... finding nothing, I felt it safe to post. I am well aware that it irks some people to see repeatitive threads.

I totally agree its annoying when its topics that have been covered about 30 times... "IRS", "XPlan", etc... but I also know that the general public is lazy, and dont search for things. I am guilty of it.

As for this topic... I made reasonable effort to not repeat, and I was well aware it talks about it in the manual. But, I havent read my entire manual, and I am sure I am not the only one. Not to mention, being in the manual doesnt help those who dont have thier car yet, right???

Now, another thing I noticed that I have looked in the manual for help on... the dash lights are white unless the headlights are on. I am pretty bummed about that, after all the hype about this feature, you can only enjoy it when you have your headlights on.
Old 12/5/04, 03:50 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@December 5, 2004, 4:24 PM
Quote:" enjoy ... your headlights...."
See what happens when your comments get edited by someone working for a newspaper company.
Regardless of all the hype...I like em
Old 12/5/04, 03:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Wasn't the speed sensitive volume available on the previous Mustangs? I have a 2003 and it has it...
Old 12/5/04, 03:57 PM
Retired Tms Staff

this is the third thread I have started, that turned out being a bit heated...
hmmm, just realized that every topic you start gets heated in more ways than one. B)
Old 12/5/04, 04:09 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Adrenalin, I gotta say, your defintely one of my favorite people around here... I like the way your brain works, LOL

Other years of Stangs may have had the Speed Volume, but, the only year Stang I had was a 99, and it didnt have it. So, I was pretty tickled when I found it on my '05. I did have to adjust the setting of it down to a 3, otherwise it does make city driving annoying.
Old 12/5/04, 04:12 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@December 5, 2004, 5:12 PM
I did have to adjust the setting of it down to a 3, otherwise it does make city driving annoying.
I added magnaflow mufflers to my car and even at #1 the constant up and down volume drives me nuts.
Old 12/5/04, 04:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

LSHICB you guys... this is the third thread I have started, that turned out being a bit heated... Who knew that a discussion about a stereo feature would go like this.

I didnt remember seeing a thread discussing this, and since I wasnt going to read every thread, I did a quick search... finding nothing, I felt it safe to post. I am well aware that it irks some people to see repeatitive threads.

I totally agree its annoying when its topics that have been covered about 30 times... "IRS", "XPlan", etc... but I also know that the general public is lazy, and dont search for things. I am guilty of it.

As for this topic... I made reasonable effort to not repeat, and I was well aware it talks about it in the manual. But, I havent read my entire manual, and I am sure I am not the only one. Not to mention, being in the manual doesnt help those who dont have thier car yet, right???

Now, another thing I noticed that I have looked in the manual for help on... the dash lights are white unless the headlights are on. I am pretty bummed about that, after all the hype about this feature, you can only enjoy it when you have your headlights on.
Jessica--You're right; often a search of this site doesn't turn up what I'm looking for; like the other guys said, it is helpful for some things to be repeated; and like you said, for those of us without the car yet, we can't read the manual but we CAN (and do) learn a lot from reading what you guys & gals who already have the car are writing. That way, we're "ahead of the curve" when we get ours.

It's really easy to skip over or bail out of a thread that is a repeat. Getting info for the first time can be the tricky part....even if my first time is someone else's 30th time....

Everybody chill; relax. Keep it light and friendly. Thanks for ALL the info.
Old 12/5/04, 04:21 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

When I add my magnaflows, I will be turning this feature off.

Got my estimate for my paint, and how long its going to take (yeh, its going to be a little while before I get it done.) I think I am going to go with alarm, then tint, then stereo, then rims, then muffler, and hopefully by then I will be in a position to buy the body stuff, and paint it. After that, the more expensive engine mods. Its going to be slow going, but, should be a really sweet ride when its done.
Old 12/5/04, 04:36 PM

Jessica,
I found the speed vol option in the Shaker 500 also.
It's really great.
Old 12/5/04, 04:37 PM

Jessica---why are you on your computer instead of out cruising around in your new toy on this fine Sunday afternoon?

"It never rains in California..."....
Old 12/5/04, 04:53 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Maucoin, it rains plenty in Cali, in fact its been raining for the last 19 hours... Plus, I had to do some work today... I have already put 60 miles on it today, LMAO
Old 12/5/04, 04:56 PM

I know, just raggin' on you. Atta girl---you still go in 60 miles in spite of the rain and the work load....you go, girl !!

Keep on keepin' on and enjoy that black Stang of yours!!
Old 12/5/04, 05:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Speed sensitive volume has been available since the dark ages (2003 for you 05 owners ). Maybe even before that.

Dave
Old 12/5/04, 05:44 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I dont really care if its been around since the dark ages... its new to me, and still a neat feature... one that I have never heard of.
Old 12/5/04, 05:55 PM
Banned

I hadn't heard of it either. Even having driven in many 03s and 04s. I guess no one ever used it.
Old 12/5/04, 07:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Guess I should have also mentioned I have the Mach 1000 in my '03, not sure if that makes any difference or not
Old 12/5/04, 07:17 PM
FR500 Member

i have that in our excursion but its not very noticeable.....maybe its different with the stang