2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

wake up ford

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/07, 11:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by torchred5588
sry about the spelling guys i was really tired at that point in time and really angry as well, but id love to hear what u guys think

point 1. the GT is no longer fast from ford EVERYONE .. i mean soccer moms have 300 hp come on next year its going to be back seat news to have 300 hp they need to come out with somthing cool somthing sick thats going to want to make u march down to ford with a check in hand like a 5.4 no superchaged boss mustang for 35/000 now were talking it should push 380 hp easy

2. the mustang hood scoop is stupid. its bolt on and non working, put on the mach 1 from the factory it looks so much better and it accually does somthing

3. give us more interior options, cobra , cs , the reg GT interior is to bland

4. offer the california special in ALL colors

ford needs to do somthing fast other wise the muscle car game they hold right now will slip away very fast
Ok, This is a forum, not a chat room, so people have time to spell everything out.
1. Ford never set out to be the fastest thing out there with the Mustang. However for 30K < its among the fastest.
2. The hood scoop, non hood scoop, shaker etc is not going to please everyone so live with it.
3. Ok Ford dropped the ball on the interior options. Why they dont see the dark charcoal with different color inserts as something immensely more desirable than the ICAP, I dont know.
4. If the CS was available in all colors it would lose some of its specialness?
If its that big a deal order a GT and add the CS parts.

Ford is at the leading edge of the muscle car scene even as we speak.
By the time the Camaro and Challenger are produced, the EPA climate will have changed. IF Camaro and Challenger step to the plate with 400+ ponies, it will be a good 5K+ more than the GT. (dont forget to add in the ADMs)
An added note: The twin turbo V6 IS coming. It will be in the Mustang (along with thw F150) and will have 350 or> hp. Just wait for the 09s.
Old 6/4/07, 12:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
y does ford pull someone of the stupidest moves ?????
do they read anything we write?????????
So did you actually write Ford a letter or did you just hope someone at Ford would read your text message here?

Ford may have made some questionable product planning decisions in the past, but the Mustang sure isn't one of them. It's one of the few home runs they've had.
Old 6/4/07, 01:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
y does ford pull someone of the stupidest moves ?????
do they read anything we write?????????
Frankly, if I was a Ford executive and I received an email like this, I would assume it was written by an eight year old and would delete it without any thought.

Actually, it wouldn't have made it past my email filters in the first place...

Oh, and your follow up was just as bad. This is an internet forum, not a text message to your bud. If you can't take the time to actually write out what you want to say in a form that most people will be able to understand, then don't get offended when we don't take the time to read it.

And in case your are snickering about the fact that I referenced your reply, well that was only because I scanned the thread to see if you had replied. And only after convencing myself that NO ONE older than eight would post something this bad to a public forum!
Old 6/4/07, 01:51 PM
Bullitt Member

see the thing is, Ford is not the ones putting out all the mustangs with the high horsepower. such as the gt500 and such. thats all by shelby, saleen, and roush. Ford really does need to come out with some power motors in the next few years. and bring them out from FORD not shelby or saleen and so on.
Old 6/4/07, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05mustangman
see the thing is, Ford is not the ones putting out all the mustangs with the high horsepower. such as the gt500
Yeah, right... It is well known that Shelby's involvement with the GT500 wasn't much more than blessing this car and allowing his name to be used. The GT500 is built in Flat Rock, not Las Vegas and it was SVT that designed this car and fine tuned it.
I'm not saying that Shelby couldn't do more, heck, with all the "tuner" cars running around it is quite obvious that anyone can. Even MMFF took the GT500 over 800 hp largely by swapping in a KB 2.6 liter blower.
Old 6/4/07, 06:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GTJOHN
The price of these new Mustangs are getting out of control. 2007 Mustang GT Premiums are near or above $30k now. My fully loaded 2001 Mustang GT was only $24k. Heck, the 2004 SVT Cobra was $35k.
John, a basic GT Deluxe can be had for around $26,000. A $30,000 GT is loaded! Things go up in price. $24,000 was over 6 years ago, come on! Ever hear of inflation?
Old 6/4/07, 07:25 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

FWIW, 11 years ago I got my 96GT at invoice for $20K (cloth seats and no CD player).

Now I'm paying invoice/x-plan again on my 08 (but I'm getting 85 more hp and a much better platform). That works out to a 3% annual increase over that period. Sounds reasonable to me.
Old 6/4/07, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

What's life without complaining. From what I see, the Mustang does quite well with it's measley 300 hp. 281 cubes, 87 octane, 0-60 in 4.9 to 5.1 (you pick one), an average of high 13.6's in the 1/4 mi. I could go on.
Hmmm. Could it be that Ford is waiting to see what the competition is bringing to the table before it shows it's poker hand? The same 300 hp cars can't or barely can outgun a Mustang and if they can, so what? Like time that passes, horsepower will climb and those of us who have stock rides will still love their 300 hp machines.
It's simple: Take that gorgeous (spelling?) 4 wheeled blank canvas and paint a beautiful picture like at least 80 percent of the people on this forum have already done, wait until 09 or whatever, or ease on over to the General and or Dodge when their 400 plus hp monsters arrive and see if that will do ya. I say that with respect.
As for ME.. I wouldn't give a rats tail if a minivan or those "a weird look is cool" Japanese cars had 400 hp, it's Mustang for me. If I want more, I'll go to the aftermarket. Try that with a minivan and aside from an intake, fartpipe and "noss", try that with a Japanese sports car.
Remember, this is no disrespect. I just bleed Ford blue
Old 6/5/07, 02:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
Yeah, right... It is well known that Shelby's involvement with the GT500 wasn't much more than blessing this car and allowing his name to be used. The GT500 is built in Flat Rock, not Las Vegas and it was SVT that designed this car and fine tuned it.
I'm not saying that Shelby couldn't do more, heck, with all the "tuner" cars running around it is quite obvious that anyone can. Even MMFF took the GT500 over 800 hp largely by swapping in a KB 2.6 liter blower.

i didnt say anything about the gt500. spend big bucks for a name badge. im saying that i agree with the author of this thread by saying that FORD "key word there" should put out more power options straight from THEIR factory to the consumer. anyone can take any car and put a blower on it themselves and produce power. but that takes even more money. ford should be able to do something about the demand for more horsepower such as blowers, and use it to their advantage. say, a supercharger gt, boss, mach 1, and so on.
Old 6/5/07, 07:01 AM
Cobra Member

I understand inflation, but the increase appears to be a bit extreme. If this trend continues, we could expect to pay between $38k-$40k for a Mustang GT Premium within the next ten years. That sounds a bit outrageous doesn't it?

Old 6/5/07, 08:14 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullitt995
Want to know why they don't read what you wrote? Because it's not well thaught out, it's not grammatically correct, and spelling was obviously not a concern. You obviously didn't care very much about what you were writing so why should they?
rofl
Old 6/5/07, 08:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Thunder Road
It was better than Bullitt995's
Blah blah, thaught/thought who's being picky now? i gess ill jus type lik dis sense it dont bother ne of u guyz.
Old 6/5/07, 09:08 AM
Bullitt Member

If this trend continues, we could expect to pay between $38k-$40k for a Mustang GT Premium within the next ten years. That sounds a bit outrageous doesn't it?

Not really... 20 years ago I paid about $67,000 for my house, to build the same today would run easily $175,000+.

1997 Mustang GT MSRP $18,525
1987 Mustang GT MSRP $13,052

A 1967 GT350 was only $3,995

But with what I got in my 06 compared to a 1997 (tech & performance - wise) I think I got a deal.
Old 6/5/07, 09:35 AM
Cobra Member

i didnt say anything about the gt500.
You didn't?

see the thing is, Ford is not the ones putting out all the mustangs with the high horsepower. such as the gt500 and such. thats all by shelby, saleen, and roush. Ford really does need to come out with some power motors in the next few years. and bring them out from FORD not shelby or saleen and so on.
Sure glad you cleared that up... (bold and underline are added by me)
Old 6/5/07, 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
You didn't?

Sure glad you cleared that up... (bold and underline are added by me)
Ouch!!!
Old 6/5/07, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LBJay
Not really... 20 years ago I paid about $67,000 for my house, to build the same today would run easily $175,000+.

1997 Mustang GT MSRP $18,525
1987 Mustang GT MSRP $13,052

A 1967 GT350 was only $3,995

But with what I got in my 06 compared to a 1997 (tech & performance - wise) I think I got a deal.
Majority of automobiles depreciate as soon as you drive them off the lot. So, comparing your house to a Mustang GT, was a terrible example. But, I understand the point you are trying to make.

The point I am trying to make is that the "yearly" $1000 increase we have seen since 2005, is not justified. There may be $26k Mustang GT's out there, but not where I live! All the dealers near me are selling Premiums between $29.5k - $30.5k. I found one Mustang GT Premium under $29k, and it was only a few bills short of $29k.
I guess I could hypothetically order a cheaper Mustang with less "goodies" but why would I? Luckily for me, I get the A/Z Plan.

Is the 2007 Mustang GT Premium really $3000 better then the 2005 Mustang GT Premium? Nope! There may of been some minor improvements over the last year or so, but not $2000-$3000 worth of improvements per vehicle. What's even more ironic, is that the 2007's are slightly slower - according to Wiki.

Don't let Ford, GM, Chrysler fool you. They are constantly going back to their Suppliers to lower their prices. Its a dominos effect. Its starts with the Tier 1's and works their way down to the Tier 2's and Tier 3's and then the Tiers go to their vendors for lower costing supplies(if possible).

The Big 3 usually gets what they want. If not? They threaten to take their business elsewhere!
Unfortunately, the Big 3 has sent a lot of business over to China recently. They claim its cheaper to produce over there, then here in the U.S. of A.
So again, why the increase?
Old 6/5/07, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well materials have gone up ALOT in the past 18 months and are going through another round of increases now. I dont see it changing anytime soon either. And in order for it to do so the economy has to tank and then that isnt good for everyone so its just a vicsious cycle.
Old 6/5/07, 11:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Majority of automobiles depreciate as soon as you drive them off the lot. So, comparing your house to a Mustang GT, was a terrible example. But, I understand the point you are trying to make.

The point I am trying to make is that the "yearly" $1000 increase we have seen since 2005, is not justified. There may be $26k Mustang GT's out there, but not where I live! All the dealers near me are selling Premiums between $29.5k - $30.5k. I found one Mustang GT Premium under $29k, and it was only a few bills short of $29k.
I guess I could hypothetically order a cheaper Mustang with less "goodies" but why would I? Luckily for me, I get the A/Z Plan.

Is the 2007 Mustang GT Premium really $3000 better then the 2005 Mustang GT Premium? Nope! There may of been some minor improvements over the last year or so, but not $2000-$3000 worth of improvements per vehicle. What's even more ironic, is that the 2007's are slightly slower - according to Wiki.

Don't let Ford, GM, Chrysler fool you. They are constantly going back to their Suppliers to lower their prices. Its a dominos effect. Its starts with the Tier 1's and works their way down to the Tier 2's and Tier 3's and then the Tiers go to their vendors for lower costing supplies(if possible).

The Big 3 usually gets what they want. If not? They threaten to take their business elsewhere!
Unfortunately, the Big 3 has sent a lot of business over to China recently. They claim its cheaper to produce over there, then here in the U.S. of A.
So again, why the increase?

I just went to Fordvehicles.com and built a 2006 and 2007 model Mustang identical to my car. The 07 was about $500 more, not $3,000 like you claim. Every option that I got on my 06 was pretty much the same price in 07. The cars you see on the dealer lots are loaded up models, many of those options were not available in 05-06. You CAN make an expensive mustang, you can also get a cheapo model. Ford is not raising the price of the Mustang outrageously. They are simply offering more options so YOU (or the dealer) can raise the price.
Old 6/5/07, 11:26 AM
Big Falken Tires

you do realize the company is on life support right now correct? And struggling to stay alive??? Selling Aston Martin and Volvo to keep its head above water?

But gosh, some guy hates the appearance package hoodscoop (and its 'non working') so lets start putting $800 shakers on every car and shoehorn that process in on the assembly line. (and forget whether the company will be around in ten years).

YES to be truly competitive with the next wave of cars from GM and the rest, Ford needs to step it up. But they are trying to fight their way out of a corner and it isn't easy.
Old 6/5/07, 12:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
I just went to Fordvehicles.com and built a 2006 and 2007 model Mustang identical to my car. The 07 was about $500 more, not $3,000 like you claim. Every option that I got on my 06 was pretty much the same price in 07. The cars you see on the dealer lots are loaded up models, many of those options were not available in 05-06. You CAN make an expensive mustang, you can also get a cheapo model. Ford is not raising the price of the Mustang outrageously. They are simply offering more options so YOU (or the dealer) can raise the price.
Ford is not ignorant to what the Dealerships are doing nor are they doing anything about it. Ford is in this to make money, so you better believe that they are just loving it, when they see all these orders for fully loaded Mustangs. Or is it Ford that is pushing fully loaded vehicles on to the Dealerships?

Quick Reply: wake up ford