2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

wake up ford

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/07, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wake up ford

y does ford pull someone of the stupidest moves ?????
do they read anything we write?????????
first off this hood scoope they got has to go does eveyone not agree that the shaker hood is way nicer then that plastic bolt on non funtinal one??????
and y is the c/s only available in certin colors if ford wants to sell as many cars as they can y not offer the cs in every color????

the c/s ( califorina special) has the nicest two tone inteiror it blows away the stock GT interior .....y not make it an option for GT buyers .........................

offer a new engine 300 hp is going to be back seat news hell theres v6's hint hint ( 350z G37) pushing out more then 300 theres going to moms in the new G8 PONTIAC beating us boys in GT'S have u seen this PONTAIC 375 horsepower come on ford WAKE UP
Old 6/3/07, 09:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 6/3/07, 09:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I prefer the chamois PTP interrior if i could afford it over the CS IMO. yes about the non functional hood scoop.
Old 6/3/07, 09:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
....?
englsh pls?
Old 6/3/07, 10:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by torchred5588
y does ford pull someone of the stupidest moves ?????
do they read anything we write?????????
first off this hood scoope they got has to go does eveyone not agree that the shaker hood is way nicer then that plastic bolt on non funtinal one??????
and y is the c/s only available in certin colors if ford wants to sell as many cars as they can y not offer the cs in every color????

the c/s ( califorina special) has the nicest two tone inteiror it blows away the stock GT interior .....y not make it an option for GT buyers .........................

offer a new engine 300 hp is going to be back seat news hell theres v6's hint hint ( 350z G37) pushing out more then 300 theres going to moms in the new G8 PONTIAC beating us boys in GT'S have u seen this PONTAIC 375 horsepower come on ford WAKE UP
Want to know why they don't read what you wrote? Because it's not well thaught out, it's not grammatically correct, and spelling was obviously not a concern. You obviously didn't care very much about what you were writing so why should they?
Old 6/3/07, 11:37 PM
Bullitt Member

I totally agree with you though torchred5588. Ford should really offer more options and start upgrading more. Daily sedans out there are being able to beat some of these GT's.

i hope my spelling was correct.
Old 6/3/07, 11:52 PM

sry about the spelling guys i was really tired at that point in time and really angry as well, but id love to hear what u guys think

point 1. the GT is no longer fast from ford EVERYONE .. i mean soccer moms have 300 hp come on next year its going to be back seat news to have 300 hp they need to come out with somthing cool somthing sick thats going to want to make u march down to ford with a check in hand like a 5.4 no superchaged boss mustang for 35/000 now were talking it should push 380 hp easy

2. the mustang hood scoop is stupid. its bolt on and non working, put on the mach 1 from the factory it looks so much better and it accually does somthing

3. give us more interior options, cobra , cs , the reg GT interior is to bland

4. offer the california special in ALL colors

ford needs to do somthing fast other wise the muscle car game they hold right now will slip away very fast
Old 6/4/07, 05:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
sry about the spelling guys i was really tired at that point in time and really angry as well, but id love to hear what u guys think
Why were you angry?

point 1. the GT is no longer fast from ford EVERYONE .. i mean soccer moms have 300 hp come on next year its going to be back seat news to have 300 hp they need to come out with somthing cool somthing sick thats going to want to make u march down to ford with a check in hand like a 5.4 no superchaged boss mustang for 35/000 now were talking it should push 380 hp easy
Yes, 300hp is close to being matched by a number of V6 models. As mentioned by other forum members, the speculation is that the next generation of engines will address the power output. However, I assume that Ford is closely watching what fuel prices are doing, as this is a consideration in product planning just like what the competition is doing.

2. the mustang hood scoop is stupid. its bolt on and non working, put on the mach 1 from the factory it looks so much better and it accually does somthing
Classic Mustangs had non-functional scoops for looks just as this car does.

3. give us more interior options, cobra , cs , the reg GT interior is to bland
See this thread for the many interior color options that started with this model year.

4. offer the california special in ALL colors
That would be nice.

ford needs to do somthing fast other wise the muscle car game they hold right now will slip away very fast
One can assume the Mustang product planning will take into account the introduction of the Challenger and Camaro. Those are still about 12-18 months away, and if the speculation about engines and refreshes are correct, all of those dates should come together in a similar time window.
Old 6/4/07, 07:16 AM
GT Member

Big deal if soccer moms have 300 hp SUVs. They don't do 0-60 in 5.1 stock, and they aren't even in the Mustang's price range. If Ford was to come out with a 400 non-se Mustang and jacked the price up $10000, then people would complain because it's "not affordable." The GTO was about $8-10000 more than the Mustang, had 400 horses, and just ran neck and neck with the stang. Where's the appeal in that? A Corvette has the 400 HP you want, but you are going to pay $42500 to $50000, and quite a bit more for a Z06 with 500 horses, which can go at over $70000.

Hell, garbage trucks have more than 300 horses, but I don't want to drive one of those.
Old 6/4/07, 07:19 AM
Cobra Member

Realistically, 300hp is enough. The Mustang GT runs 4.9 - 5.1 0 to 60mph, 13.5-13.8 1/4 Mile. But.......I agree with you. Ford has to meet or exceed what the competition is producing.

I am one of those guys that have been crying for a 350-400HP SE Mustang for years now. But, I have my reasons. I want something "Special". A Mustang that I can keep for a very long time. We plan on buying a bigger & better house in a year or two, and my daughter is going to be attending college in 5 years. I wanted to have the Mustang paid off before she left for school.

Right now, its looking like I may order a 2009/2010 Mustang GT or SE Mustang(if available). I may buy a 07 Mustang GT if Ford offers another 0% for 72 special, but I highly doubt it. I refuse to pay over sticker on a GT500, so I doubt I'll ever get one.

If I were to purchase an 07 or 08, I would have to agree with you about the lack of color options on the GT/CS. It would be nice to see many new color options.
IMO, Ford needs to expand the color options on the entire Mustang model line in general.
Old 6/4/07, 07:39 AM

Dont get angry - buy a Chevy
Old 6/4/07, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Well, if Ford was having any problems selling these cars they might take your complaints more seriously.

There are lots of other car brands to choose from, you would get better results proving your convictions with your wallet.

There is more to a car then how much horse power they come rated with, the Mustang is faster than alot of cars which claim even more than 300 HP.

I don't like the tacked on hood scoops either, so I don't have one.

The CS in other colors still would not convince me to buy one but I don't see why they don't come in other colors, and to be honest I didn't know they didn't.

Seriously I'm not a fan boy, I love my car. Not because it's a Ford or a Mustang. I'm content with the power output. A 4.6 liter that will last a long time running it as hard as you want and cranking out factory claimed 300 hp/320 tq all the while not requiring premium gas, sounds fair to me.

The V6's Nissan uses are fairly high compression, require premium fuel and the cars they come in, cost substantially more than the Mustang.

I kinda wonder why people bothered to even buy a new Mustang when they complain about how much HP it has compared to X. If HP was your main selling point, why not save 10-15 grand and buy a used camaro and mod it up?

The Mustang is what it is and from the plethora of them I see running around my area, it seems to be selling quite well as is.
Old 6/4/07, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Pick up a copy of the book "Mustang a new breed of pony car 2005". It's a great read. Got mine on ebay. You'll get an understanding and appreciation for the S197 project.
There has as we know been many other posts on this theme. What it comes down to at Ford is a series of compromises. Build a car that we can sell a lot of and please alot of people, and have it be worthy of the Mustang name. If they took the right guy at Ford and gave him free reign on the design, you might get what you want torchred, but would it sell to the masses, and make money for Ford? They didn't want the mustang to be a "niche" car, or an "image" car if you will. Personally, I think they did a pretty good job, and it's very modable (is that a word?), if you want.
Old 6/4/07, 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

The price of these new Mustangs are getting out of control. 2007 Mustang GT Premiums are near or above $30k now. My fully loaded 2001 Mustang GT was only $24k. Heck, the 2004 SVT Cobra was $35k.
Old 6/4/07, 09:03 AM
Cobra Member

Sorry, reply below.
Old 6/4/07, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SpiderMan79x
Big deal if soccer moms have 300 hp SUVs. They don't do 0-60 in 5.1 stock, and they aren't even in the Mustang's price range. If Ford was to come out with a 400 non-se Mustang and jacked the price up $10000, then people would complain because it's "not affordable." The GTO was about $8-10000 more than the Mustang, had 400 horses, and just ran neck and neck with the stang. Where's the appeal in that? A Corvette has the 400 HP you want, but you are going to pay $42500 to $50000, and quite a bit more for a Z06 with 500 horses, which can go at over $70000.

Hell, garbage trucks have more than 300 horses, but I don't want to drive one of those.
I have to say that was hillarious!!!

And, while I agree that ford could of / should of done things differently with the output of the engine it wasn't until the market responded with cars like the: Nissan GT-R / Lexus IS-F / Camaro etc.

But, with that said I still wish ford would of pulled more out of the 281ci, or gone with something a bit bigger like the 302ci in the PJ..... As affordable?
Old 6/4/07, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

The 5 liter in the PJ was tried by Ford years ago. That configuration was not able to meet Fords reliability requirements. Thus the new engine family for larger displacements. Other than for trucks, I think its too little too late as this current HP war has about 2 more model years to run before the new CO2 emissions laws kill it. Chevy has already started hinting that while the new Camaro is a go, the vert version 2 years later is very much undecided.
Old 6/4/07, 10:28 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
MMMM Let's see ... Ford is selling almost every Mustang it can make.

There is a special edition Mustang out with extra HP, it's called a Shelby GT 500 with 500 HP. Sorry the Dealers are putting a ADM on them.

I'm not sure what some people expect Ford to do. 90% of Mustang buyers are probably happy with their stock Mustang and never add a thing to them.
Old 6/4/07, 10:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05mustangman
I totally agree with you though torchred5588. Ford should really offer more options and start upgrading more. Daily sedans out there are being able to beat some of these GT's.

i hope my spelling was correct.
It was better than Bullitt995's
Old 6/4/07, 10:46 AM
GT Member

I just have to put my 2 cents in on this one...

[quote=torchred5588;931697]sry about the spelling guys i was really tired at that point in time and really angry as well, but id love to hear what u guys think

What we think? We think it is not the spelling....but "ur" over-use of "u" and examples of poor spelling like "somthing".

If you want someone to take you seriously and understand what you are trying to say..then write it in understandable English, use punctuation, etc.

There is a reason these things exist...because if you don't use them then prettysoonalurwordsbcme2hrd2read.....and then no one wants to even bother to try to figure out what you are trying to say.

Quick Reply: wake up ford