2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Waiting for a Call

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/06, 05:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob99b5
I love the Vista Blue, and think it's a lot nice than the '05/06 sonic blue.
What blasphemy!

Your car looks great ... Congrats ....

ps sonic was not in 06
Old 7/1/06, 11:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big Time Congrats

I followed your posts and saw how anxious you were. She's a beaut !!
Old 7/2/06, 03:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MY05GT

ps sonic was not in 06
You're absolutely right, what was I thinking? I've studied the specs so many times that you'd think I had written them myself. It's tough to get old!
Old 7/2/06, 05:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
You're absolutely right, what was I thinking? I've studied the specs so many times that you'd think I had written them myself. It's tough to get old!
Bob,
You're not getting old yet, at least not until your kids start asking for the keys. Then the gray starts!

Chip
Old 7/3/06, 05:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ipchay61
TMI?????
You were talking about typing with your tongue, so I said that was Too Much Information (TMI)...
Old 7/3/06, 05:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'll take more tomorrow after I finish the detailing. Spent most of the day grinning like an idiot!

Chip
Mind if I ask which products you will use for your wheels and your wax? I tried the Meguilars NXT on my wife's Honda Accord last night, and I found that stuff hard to get off the car (at least by hand). I also found it odd that the instructions stated that you should apply to whole car at once and then wipe it off. One coat or two?

I know that its going to make me sick the first time that I see a paint chip missing in my new car. And I know that it will happen, because the roads around here come with a lot of trucks throwing rocks...
Old 7/3/06, 05:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MY05GT

ps sonic was not in 06
Both sonic and vista were available in 06. Vista was new in 06
Old 7/3/06, 05:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flashfearless
Both sonic and vista were available in 06. Vista was new in 06
Sonic Blue was NOT available on Mustang after the 2005 MY.
It was replaced by Vista Blue.
Old 7/3/06, 06:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mike McRann
Sonic Blue was NOT available on Mustang after the 2005 MY.
It was replaced by Vista Blue.
Sorry, I misspoke. It was Windveil Blue which was the carryover Blue Color.
Old 7/3/06, 06:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Mind if I ask which products you will use for your wheels and your wax? I tried the Meguilars NXT on my wife's Honda Accord last night, and I found that stuff hard to get off the car (at least by hand). I also found it odd that the instructions stated that you should apply to whole car at once and then wipe it off. One coat or two?

I know that its going to make me sick the first time that I see a paint chip missing in my new car. And I know that it will happen, because the roads around here come with a lot of trucks throwing rocks...
It just so happens that I used the NXT. I thought it was pretty easy to get off. Just remember, fast and easy to remove it, don't apply a lot of pressure. I did the hood, roof and trunk lid first, then the sides. I used microfiber towels to remove the wax. Bought a pack that had blue and white towels (some blue and some were white). The white seems to be a different weave and works much better than the blue for removing wax.

I'll probably apply a coat of the NXT to the wheels as well, since they're clearcoated, but I haven't yet. I just did one coat. Probably do a second coat this next weekend. Also have to Rain-X the glass.

Still deciding on which products to use on the tires and interior. Suggestions anyone?

Chip
Old 7/3/06, 07:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Also have to Rain-X the glass.

Chip
IMHO, I would skip the RainX. I find that once you use this product, you can't adequately clean your windows anymore.

For the interior, stay away from Armor All and anything else that has silicone in it..Its like crack for your dash. Once you use it, your will have to continue to use it because your dash will get all cloudy with it...
Old 7/4/06, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Chip,

I used NXT over the weekend also. Came out great. I debated about using NXT on the polished bullitts and ended up using 100% carnuba paste wax instead. I'll use Lexol cleaner/conditioner on the seats, but haven't decided on what to use for the dash. I have the std vinyl dash pad and like the fact that's it's nice and clean now without all the shine.
Old 7/4/06, 10:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by steevr
Chip,

I used NXT over the weekend also. Came out great.
I wound up putting two coats on my wife's 2006 Honda Accord, and I find that with the NXT, I go through so many clean diaper cloths to get the stuff off. Once the diaper cloth gets a little dirty with wax, it is much less effective...I also sweat like a pig getting it off, but it could be the weather (humid)...

Her wheels are just described by Honda as "alloy", but they look nice. I don't think that they are clearcoated. Any recommendations?
Old 7/4/06, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by steevr
Chip,

I used NXT over the weekend also. Came out great. I debated about using NXT on the polished bullitts and ended up using 100% carnuba paste wax instead. I'll use Lexol cleaner/conditioner on the seats, but haven't decided on what to use for the dash. I have the std vinyl dash pad and like the fact that's it's nice and clean now without all the shine.
Steve, Lexol makes a vinyl product called Vinylex that works well. You apply it just like lexol. It goes on a bit shiny and greasy initially but once you buff it in the next day it has a nice even sheen that relatively non-glossy. I like it. I'm just trying to figure out if the dash pad in my car is leather or vinyl so I know which product to use.

And don't forget that your rear seats are vinyl - so you'd use vinylex there too.