2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

VOPC Information

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/05, 10:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is with all the finger wagging that goes on on this site?

Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. I am not suggesting that anyone do anything illegal. I am not questioning the knowledge of Grantsdale either. Go back and read my post.

What I am saying is that Ford would not have the money to establish or maintain this system unless I and people like me (you, for instance) were purchasing their cars. So, instead of wagging their finger at me for being excited about buying a mustang, wouldn't it be refreshing if they shared and encouraged my enthusiasm? And not just mine, but many other folks too. This is the information age, after all. 10 years ago, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

My thought is to embrace your customer instead of saying "shame on you for not following our rules."

I can see the point if people are calling up and talking to customer service people, taking time away from dealers who need problems solved for other customers. But the automated system is just a cost of Ford doing business. My suggestion is that Ford work on a way for those who want to get more personally involved in the purchase and building of their vehicle to be able to do so.

Sorry for the "hotshot" comment. It was uncalled for. Perhaps you could tell me what my number of posts has to do with anything?
Old 1/16/05, 11:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smitty, your post count has nothing to do with anything. I too would love it if Ford would set up a system to allow us to keep up with our order ourselves. Just in case no one has said it yet, Welcome to the site! Hopefully your wait will be short.
Old 1/17/05, 12:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Grantsdale I appreciate your frankness!!

I would never intentionally post a question of such a volatile subject had I realized the controversy that has resulted.
Old 1/17/05, 12:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks treadhead. For me, this thread really isn't about the vopc # anymore, anyway. It's more about wishing a huge corporation like Ford would make buying their product a little more personal experience.

This is the first car I have ever ordered, and I want to keep track of its conception, birthday, and delivery. B) I know I can find all that stuff out later, but it's more fun to do it along the way.

Also, I know that alot of people think of cars as a commodity(not so many on this site), but for me it's more involving a purchase than a toaster, dishwasher, etc. Other than my house, I can't think of anything else on which I spend more money.

From what I've been able to find out, I expect my car will be built in the next 2-3 weeks. If the option was offered, I would buy a plane ticket, miss the required days at work, and go pick it up at the factory. The drive home to Seattle would be a challange, but I grew up driving mustangs in the snowbelt of NE Ohio. I could probably manage and it would be a great way to start ownership of my new mustang.

And that's just my situation. I'm sure there are thousands of others who would personalize their buying experience in their own way, if they had the options available to them. Just my two cents.
I'll stop beating this dead horse now. eace:
Old 1/17/05, 12:14 PM
Cobra Member

If you want a personal car, you’re looking the wrong place. Try Bentley, not a mass produced car for only 30 grand.
Old 1/17/05, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nobody is questioning Grantsdale's knowledge, just his attitude which has gotten lots & lots of complaints. Get your head out from between his legs and read the original question. And to answer it, the # gets updated about every other day. Lock it now.
Old 1/17/05, 01:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TheRealOne@January 17, 2005, 2:21 PM
Nobody is questioning Grantsdale's knowledge, just his attitude which has gotten lots & lots of complaints.
He’s an internet tough guy.
Old 1/17/05, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Exactly
Old 1/17/05, 08:38 PM
Cobra Member

Who happens to know what he is talking about.

Smitty-We did get off on the wrong foot. I am just saying that just because we give them money does not give us the right to infringe on their rules. Thats it.

Welcome.

And to everyone hatin on grantsdale-I know he sounds like a jerk, but when you have been here on long as I have and other people you get used to him. He is actually usually pretty correct.
Old 1/17/05, 08:50 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey, now as a constructive comment/question. This site has all the language filters on it so if someone types in a 'restricted' word, it changes it. If there's so big of a risk of getting in trouble for having the number posted on here, why don't the mods type all the different combinations of that phone number in as 'restricted'? ie. 1-800-333-4444. 18003334444, (800) 333-4444, etc. Then if anyone does go around it and post it some other way, they get the boot?
Old 1/17/05, 09:46 PM
FR500 Member

Because it's counterproductive and not neccesary
Old 1/17/05, 10:05 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by tmcolegr@January 16, 2005, 6:56 PM
How often is the VOPC voice activated system updated?
For all we know, he wonders how accurate the information is from his local dealer. Is this how the local dealers get their information? He would then know how often to bug his local dealer.
Old 1/17/05, 11:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TheRealOne@January 17, 2005, 2:21 PM
Nobody is questioning Grantsdale's knowledge, just his attitude which has gotten lots & lots of complaints. Get your head out from between his legs and read the original question. And to answer it, the # gets updated about every other day. Lock it now.

Too bad you weren't the first person to reply to this thread. It would have saved a whole bunch of argument.
Old 1/18/05, 01:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Altoid@January 17, 2005, 1:17 PM
If you want a personal car, you’re looking the wrong place. Try Bentley, not a mass produced car for only 30 grand.
I disagree, Altoid. I think it's just the opposite. The great thing about the mustang, and many other cars for that matter (civics included) is the owner's ability to personalize it. Make it something unique, or some combination of parts that they came up with to make it "theirs." I would have a lot harder time doing that with a Bentley. Sure, I'd have a rare car, but I wouldn't have as much of an aftermarket to choose from and I would have a hard time doing the work myself...the key thing that is important to many of us enthusiasts (yourself included, I bet). Plus, I don't possess unlimited funds. You can personalize everything in life if money is no object.

I just think it would be cool to see the factory and pick up your car there. I even own a copy of that video How a Car is Built staring.... you guessed it.... the 1995 mustang. It's just amazing how much technology and engineering goes into building a modern day car. Ah oh, there I go again. I said I would stop beating this horse in a previous post and I took off again. Here, I'll save you the trouble. :sleep: