2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

VOPC Information

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/05, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

How often is the VOPC voice activated system updated?
Old 1/16/05, 04:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please don't talk about this phone number here. It is a private business number, and TMS can get in trouble with ford for discussing it. Google if you don't believe me.
Old 1/16/05, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

he jsut asked a question. hes not giving out the number nor is he linknig to it. its a simple question on how often its updated. as far as i kno every day for clean and unscheduled n then after that only when something changes mine says jan 6th since jan 6th
Old 1/16/05, 05:56 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 94tbird@January 16, 2005, 7:23 PM
he jsut asked a question. hes not giving out the number nor is he linknig to it. its a simple question on how often its updated. as far as i kno every day for clean and unscheduled n then after that only when something changes mine says jan 6th since jan 6th
Discussing it is the same thing as posting the number. The information you are discussing is a FMC secret, and shouldn't be in the public domain.

Do whatever you want on your own website, but since you don't run this one, or own it, don't ruin it for brad.
Old 1/16/05, 05:59 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Chill man. For the heck of it I did google 'Ford VOPC.' Instead of finding out how much trouble one can get in for posting it, I found the number on several other sites. I'm not saying that 2 wrongs make a right, but who's to say that he wasn't asking because he wanted to know how current the dealer's info was? Go ahead and flame me.
Old 1/16/05, 06:17 PM
FR500 Member

There must be bad weather in Conn. this weekend... Grantsdale's back!
Old 1/16/05, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@January 16, 2005, 9:02 PM
Chill man. For the heck of it I did google 'Ford VOPC.' Instead of finding out how much trouble one can get in for posting it, I found the number on several other sites. I'm not saying that 2 wrongs make a right, but who's to say that he wasn't asking because he wanted to know how current the dealer's info was? Go ahead and flame me.
I don't flame, just prove people wrong.

Lastly, while some here do have information about the Ford Motor Company VOPC telephone order status verification system, all future public mentions of such information will not be permitted in this forum. The reason being: This system is not supposed to used by the general public; and knowingly allowing such information to be disseminated on this forum exposes the owners of this forum to the possibility of legal entanglements they would rather avoid. Simply put: Pull on Uncle Henry's beard publicly and he will come down hard on you with both feet. Private off-forum communications about VOPC, will (of course) remain your own personal business.
From: http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=148664

I'll find other links if you don't want to believe this one, but, like I said, its not your forum, so don't ruin it for the people who do own it.
Old 1/16/05, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SixtySix@January 16, 2005, 9:20 PM
There must be bad weather in Conn. this weekend... Grantsdale's back!
Haven't driven my stang in like 3 weeks. stinks. Bad.
Old 1/16/05, 08:08 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by Grantsdale+January 16, 2005, 9:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ January 16, 2005, 9:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-05GT-O.C.D.@January 16, 2005, 9:02 PM
I don't flame, just prove people wrong.

Lastly, while some here do have information about the Ford Motor Company VOPC telephone order status verification system, all future public mentions of such information will not be permitted in this forum. The reason being: This system is not supposed to used by the general public; and knowingly allowing such information to be disseminated on this forum exposes the owners of this forum to the possibility of legal entanglements they would rather avoid. Simply put: Pull on Uncle Henry's beard publicly and he will come down hard on you with both feet. Private off-forum communications about VOPC, will (of course) remain your own personal business.
From: http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=148664

I'll find other links if you don't want to believe this one, but, like I said, its not your forum, so don't ruin it for the people who do own it. [/b][/quote]
You're not proving me wrong. I was just saying to relax. This forums been peaceful the last few days. I've noticed in several posts you treat people pretty rudely. I know I'm not the first person to say this.
The truth is, it is public info whether Ford wants it that way or not. It's all over the internet. As I said previously, 2 wrongs don't make a right, and you can't excuse bad behavior by pointing to worse behavior. But my original point was that he only asked a question, a question that could've been addressed without divulging top-secret confidential information.
I'm not a hater though, I just got done watching the New England game. If I had to put up with that weather I'd be in a bad mood too!
Old 1/16/05, 08:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@January 16, 2005, 6:17 PM
Please don't talk about this phone number here. It is a private business number, and TMS can get in trouble with ford for discussing it. Google if you don't believe me.
I really cannot think of any legal reason why you would get in trouble for using a number that is obviously public knowledge. Chill out.
Old 1/16/05, 08:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by max2000jp+January 16, 2005, 11:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (max2000jp @ January 16, 2005, 11:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@January 16, 2005, 6:17 PM
I really cannot think of any legal reason why you would get in trouble for using a number that is obviously public knowledge. Chill out. [/b][/quote]
It isn't public knowledge. It is owned by Ford, and maintained for the use of dealerships, not the public. It is Ford's property.

I don't care if you call it a hundred thousand times a day. Thats not my point. You just shouldn't be talking about it here, because it won't get you in trouble here, it will get brad in trouble, and its not his fault. If you can't think of a legal reason why a corporations private telephone number shouldn't be given out to the public, you need to consult a lawyer. And if you have one, get a new one.

The best similar situation I can compare this to is Microsoft always coming down on sites that discuss and post links to beta products they are working on. It is an unreleased, private property.

Basically: discussing, using, and providing links to the VOPC number is trespassing. That's the simplest way I can put it. I don't care if you agree with me, but I'm correct.

Old 1/16/05, 08:22 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by max2000jp+January 16, 2005, 10:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (max2000jp @ January 16, 2005, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@January 16, 2005, 6:17 PM
I really cannot think of any legal reason why you would get in trouble for using a number that is obviously public knowledge. Chill out. [/b][/quote]
I just wish Ford's lawyers would get this MyColor thing taken care of! Seriously, this thread might as well get locked, we're off topic. I think 94Tbird had the answer to the original question.
Old 1/16/05, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.+January 16, 2005, 11:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (05GT-O.C.D. @ January 16, 2005, 11:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by max2000jp@January 16, 2005, 10:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale
@January 16, 2005, 6:17 PM

I really cannot think of any legal reason why you would get in trouble for using a number that is obviously public knowledge. Chill out.
I just wish Ford's lawyers would get this MyColor thing taken care of! Seriously, this thread might as well get locked, we're off topic. I think 94Tbird had the answer to the original question. [/b][/quote]
The MyColor lawsuit is going to take a while. Things like that aren't done quickly. Ford will probably win the suit, but it might take until summer or fall for that to happen.
Old 1/16/05, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Man, I'm even uncomfortable readingthis thread. Calling a theoretical phone number is not going to speed up your order. Charles Emerson WinchestorIII (M.A.S.H) said something about anticipation being one of the true senses of enjoyment....or something like that...
Old 1/16/05, 09:04 PM
Cobra Member

Noone discuss the number as Grantsdale said. We should not even know about it. Listen to Grantsdale. He is blunt and to the point, but he is usually right.
Old 1/16/05, 09:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

I find it amusing that people are all worried about what Ford is gonna do if people use this 1-800 number to keep themselves informed about their car. What are they going to do, not sell me a car? The system is automated. If you are just calling to listen, what's the big deal? It seems to me that Ford would welcome the interest and excitement in their product, instead of :nono: for using their "dealer only" phone number. I told the sales manager at my dealer I was going to call and he said "really, let me know what you find out." He even called me with his dealer #.

If Ford was smart, they would stop wagging their fingers at the few enthusiasts who are so excited about their new mustang that they will even use a "dealer #" to find out anything they can about when its coming, and instead come up with some sort of system to help them out. After all, if it weren't for the customer buying the car, neither Ford or the dealership would be in business.

You used to be able to order your car and go pick it up at the factory. That would be cool. Perhaps a little walk through tour. You know, show some interest in the customers that show some interest in you. BMW and other European manufacturers do this for customers who request it. "Come pick up your new Bimmer at the factory, get a tour, take a drive on the autobahn and ship it home." I realize they don't sell as many cars and not many people (myself included) could afford to do this, but at least it's offered as an option.

The mustang cuts accross all sorts of demographics, including cultures. Look in the performance white section of GT on this very site and you will see the first 2005 mustang sold...to a man named Peter from Munich(sp?), Germany. Ford has a real hit on it's hands again, and they want to wage their finger at me for checking an automated number while I wait for my order to be filled. I'm sorry, but get a clue.
Old 1/16/05, 10:03 PM
Cobra Member

You my friend need to examine your last message and come back later. You come on here with 12 posts and dare to actually refute the knowledge of Grantsdale?

Let me start. It costs them money to maintain that system. I know people like you don't look at the big picture, but it is meant only for dealers and not for the general public. Your salesmen doesn't get it either so you can stop citing him for information. You need to get a clue.

If Ford says it is for dealers only and it costs money for its upkeep it is not your place to infringe on that right, and even if you do, it is not your place to discuss it here. And don't wave your finger and roll your eyes at me. I am not saying I am better than you, but alot of hte people here have been here for months/years and know what we are talking about.

Please feel free to communicate in this great discussion on this forum, but knowingly breaking the rules and ethics is not what TMS is for. Go search for this topic and realize that you are not the only new person here who has had this VOPC system explained to them.
Old 1/16/05, 10:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

My point is that they are getting their money from me, hotshot. :scratch:
Old 1/16/05, 10:16 PM
Cobra Member

My point was what I already said. Just because you are paying them DOES NOT give you the right to do things that are against the law and their rules, hotshot.

Search please, then come back.
Old 1/16/05, 10:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

the link was from f150 website not here

Quick Reply: VOPC Information