2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

VOC & DORA SAME THING

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/05, 03:07 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Going_Gray@March 12, 2005, 6:00 PM
I will wait till he provides me my DORA until I bother "her" again. It is just making me nutty checking and not knowing, seeing both sides of what others are dealing with and not knowing where I stand in the big pecking order. Thanks
Just had to check my VOC versus the order number my dealer gave me and the VOC is definitely not the same number. I have not gotten the DORA from my dealer, but he did give me the order number and read off the options on the DORA to double check that they matched the VOC--they did. I admit I've called the ERL a "few" times even though I should not expect much yet, but just want to catch it on the exact day that something happens. Heck if Ford had a web page that displayed order status, can you imagine how often people would be hitting the refresh button?!
I would probably lose my job. After thinking about this all night, I have concluded that I must have a screen print that was used to set up the order prior to the dealer actually submitting and I need to confirm the real order number to be able to get a status.
Old 3/12/05, 03:25 PM
CME
GT Member

:scratch: I have been checking my order with my number of the VOC and everything seems legit. What the fembot and the dealer tells me is always the same. In fact it's the order number he told me to use when I call him to check on it. I didn't bother with the DORA because I trust my dealer, and he's keeping all the paperwork until my car arrives. When I ordered he told me he would have the DORA later that day. Now I am just curious as to why the difference in numbers for everyone else?
Old 3/12/05, 03:59 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by CME@March 12, 2005, 3:28 PM
:scratch: I have been checking my order with my number of the VOC and everything seems legit. What the fembot and the dealer tells me is always the same. In fact it's the order number he told me to use when I call him to check on it. I didn't bother with the DORA because I trust my dealer, and he's keeping all the paperwork until my car arrives. When I ordered he told me he would have the DORA later that day. Now I am just curious as to why the difference in numbers for everyone else?
Actually I guess there is more to my story. My original VOC was what my sales guy used to give me pricing information. After the "ordering manager" came in a couple days later and re-did it for the actual order submission to Ford, it had different numbers on it--for one thing the priority was a little lower.

I got the order number verbally from my dealer and a copy of the second VOC via fax, but someone had highlighted the order number and my name, so they came out as illegible smudges. If I were paranoid I might be worried it wasn't mine, but I trust my dealer as well so no worries there.

So all that to say I can't really say for sure if the order number on my "real" VOC is the same as my DORA or not. Sorry for any misinformation I've added.
Old 3/12/05, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by CME@March 12, 2005, 5:28 PM
I think I know what is going on here - CME: Does youVOC say " S005 - INQUIRY IS COMPLETE" on the lower left hand side of the VOC ??? I have all the legit Info and can call the Fembot no problem - Priority 10, Order #, Dealer #, My last Name, everything. Some people say their order numbers are filled with 0000 and their Priority Number is 99 (a place holder).
There are VOC that are printed out BEFORE the DORA is sent.
I think ours were looked up in the system AFTER the DORA was sent.
I've noticed that VOC's that people are not having the right info on it say press F4 to submit - hence the order was not sent to Ford yet.

I think this is a screen shot that can be printed out after - where you CAN get the info needed - A DORA only comes once - this is something you can look up after with correct info.
Old 3/12/05, 04:49 PM
CME
GT Member

I don't have it in front of me, but I do remember it having some options on the bottom of it, I'll check later to see what they are. It does have my last name, priority, and such on it. I was dealing with the sales manager and he put it in the computer while I was in his office. So that is probably what has happened.
Old 3/12/05, 04:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by CME@March 12, 2005, 6:52 PM
I don't have it in front of me, but I do remember it having some options on the bottom of it, I'll check later to see what they are. I was dealing with the sales manager and he put it in the computer while I was in his office. So that is probably what has happened.
I got mine from the sales manager as well - I think we're good to go ! Let me know what you find.
Old 3/15/05, 05:00 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG+March 12, 2005, 7:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBONSIG @ March 12, 2005, 7:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CME@March 12, 2005, 6:52 PM
I don't have it in front of me, but I do remember it having some options on the bottom of it, I'll check later to see what they are. I was dealing with the sales manager and he put it in the computer while I was in his office. So that is probably what has happened.
I got mine from the sales manager as well - I think we're good to go ! Let me know what you find.
[/b][/quote]

I just called my sales guy again (since he didn't call me back). He says, "no DORA until VIN assigned. I was 4th coupe in line, 2 ahead of mine are in production with ship dates. I should get my car, as at this dealership, they put their retail orders ahead of their inventory, and they had allocation for my order. his quote: "If I didn't have allocation and took your order and gave you a delivery date of 3 to 4 months I would be lying to you because you wouldn't get a car until 2006"". As stated in other posts, trust is key, allocation is key. While I can't listen to the ERL to get an update (yet !) I feel better having talked to the guy. Sounds fishy, but I believe this guy. I need to stop making myself nutty checking anyway. Its been 3 weeks since I ordered and it feels like 3 months. You guys who ordered in November must be going NUTS.

UPDATE: Spoke to them yesterday, after trying Ford Customer svc line. This dealership does not routinely request DORA. They use some other list they print out to monitor all of their orders. I had a dummy order number. They gave me the corrcet number and now I can check myself. Thanks everyone. Persistence pays off. I am C/U by the dealer and ERL. Dealer say they are getting 1 GT per month (based on Jan-March), I am #3 ...so June, which is what they told me to begin with. Trying to stay positive and not get paranoid!