2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

VOC & DORA SAME THING

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/05, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of talk about VOC & DORA, but can a VOC be looked up in the system with all the info needed.
I have the following on my VOC
1) My Last Name
2) Dealer #
3) Order #
4) Priority 10
5) Order type: X
6) Price Level 555

Does not say "DORA" anywhere on my VOC - but I can call the Fembot and she tells me C/U.
Old 3/7/05, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

the order number on my VOC was different.
Old 3/7/05, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

My order number on my VOC was also different. But if you are sure you have the right one and she is giving you status, you're in business! I'd still ask for the DORA for purposes of full documentation.
Old 3/8/05, 08:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Hellcat6@March 7, 2005, 11:07 PM
My order number on my VOC was also different. But if you are sure you have the right one and she is giving you status, you're in business! I'd still ask for the DORA for purposes of full documentation.
How did you know your order number was not right ? Did the Fembot give you no status report when you called up? My order number is a letter and (3) numbers - seems to work b/c I get C/U when i called - (Just ordered 2 weeks ago). did your VOC have all the other info on it -
i.e.- dealer # , Priority #, Order Type:, ect.
Old 3/8/05, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Because I have both documents, I know that the number on the VOC and the number on the DORA are different. Not sure why, I think the VOC was just a place holder since it was 0001. I have always used the DORA number.

The VOC does have the dealer number but the priority was also just a placeholder, 99 I think. You don't need that for checking status.

No one is saying you are wrong, just that our experience is different. Obviously the number you are giving her is a correct order number from your dealer or she would give you an error message. I would still want to see the DORA to be sure it was MY order number! But that's just me, I don't trust dealers. Good luck with your car!
Old 3/8/05, 09:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

The main purpose for getting the DORA is to know exactly what was ordered. You have a VOC and ASSUME that the same car got ordered. The DORA will state for certain what got ordered. You want to make sure there wasn't any typos when the order got submitted. You also want to make sure your priority didn't change.
Old 3/8/05, 11:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can someone tell me how to check status. I have my VOC, but no DORA. Not sure what that is.
Old 3/9/05, 06:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Karpro@March 8, 2005, 11:27 PM
The main purpose for getting the DORA is to know exactly what was ordered. You have a VOC and ASSUME that the same car got ordered. The DORA will state for certain what got ordered. You want to make sure there wasn't any typos when the order got submitted. You also want to make sure your priority didn't change.

Paul: I think what happened is my dealer looked up my cars status in the system - on the bottom of the VOC it says: S005 - Inquiry Is Complete. My car was ordered a week before I got this paperwork, so It looks to me that they got this info After the DORA was made - can that be right? I also says

F1= Help F2= Return to Order F3/F12= Veh Order Menu

And it looks just like a DORA should - just does not say DORA. Has Priority 10 (not 99) and a legit order number. What are your thoughts since you work with this system so much - can my idea about this be correct ?
Old 3/9/05, 07:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep in mind they can change your priority at any time.
A salesman can print you out an order with
a priority of 10 and after you leave they can sign
back into the system and bump it up to
a 99. The trust part comes into play here as there is no way you can
know what they have you at as it can be changed daily.

Usually there are only a couple of people who access the system (Ford)
at a dealership and those people are responsible to stock the dealership.
With that in mind, they have other stock orders and they have to balence it in with their current allocations. There is a site that explains this in great detail.
Go here: http://www.f150online.com/forums/arc.../127481-1.html
Old 3/9/05, 07:50 AM
FR500 Member

Bob brings up a good point: TRUST

I, like you, got a screengrab of the order after we went over everything that went in the system.

My level of trust with my dealership was high, so for me that was good enough. And I had no problems with the order process.
Old 3/9/05, 06:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@March 9, 2005, 9:53 AM
Bob brings up a good point: TRUST

I, like you, got a screengrab of the order after we went over everything that went in the system.

My level of trust with my dealership was high, so for me that was good enough. And I had no problems with the order process.
Thanks for the info SixtySix- I do trust my dealer, but I would like to see if my priorty 10 changes at all. If I am still C/U for over a month, I'll call them on it.
Old 3/11/05, 05:03 AM
GT Member

I have a similar issue. I ordered 2/20, received a printout the next day by fax. Tried the Robot, got "C & U" and thought I was in line..now when I try, she says no info is available. Dealer says "no problem" it will be in 3 to 4 mos from when I hit the button, you shouldn't expect to see anything about your order for about 4 weeks. Customer service at order date plus 14 days said they had nothing either.

Printout says priority 10. I had several (I think 6) people ahead of me at this dealer. Not feeling very good after reading many of the posts here. Maybe I'll buy a real horse now that I joined the AQHA !
Old 3/11/05, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by hunter@March 11, 2005, 7:06 AM
I have a similar issue. I ordered 2/20, received a printout the next day by fax. Tried the Robot, got "C & U" and thought I was in line..now when I try, she says no info is available. Dealer says "no problem" it will be in 3 to 4 mos from when I hit the button, you shouldn't expect to see anything about your order for about 4 weeks. Customer service at order date plus 14 days said they had nothing either.

Printout says priority 10. I had several (I think 6) people ahead of me at this dealer. Not feeling very good after reading many of the posts here. Maybe I'll buy a real horse now that I joined the AQHA !
Not sure about that info - sounds like your dealer pulled your order or something. I just called and got, as of 3/9 C/U. So there is still info for me when I call the Fembot.
Old 3/11/05, 07:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by hunter@March 11, 2005, 7:06 AM

Your dealer has removed your order or something is wrong with it. He is full of crap. You probably need to sit down with them and be prepared to find another dealer. If the order has been placed with Ford you should be able to track it with the Fembot. If she doesn't have it, Ford doesn't have it and you are not in line. Good luck, don't give in to this crap.
Old 3/11/05, 08:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

How do you contact the Fembot? I have never heard of that, before coming ot this site.
Old 3/11/05, 11:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by hunter@March 11, 2005, 6:06 AM

Is the printout you've got a VOC or the DORA? If it's not the DORA, get a copy of it ASAP. This will confirm that the order exists and what the actual options and priority are.
Old 3/11/05, 05:30 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Karpro+March 11, 2005, 1:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karpro @ March 11, 2005, 1:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hunter@March 11, 2005, 6:06 AM

Is the printout you've got a VOC or the DORA? If it's not the DORA, get a copy of it ASAP. This will confirm that the order exists and what the actual options and priority are.
[/b][/quote]
I am not REALLY sure (duh ?) After reading a bunch more, I think it may be the VOC. Looks like a screen print. last 4 lines are:

F1=Help F2=Return to Order F3/F12=Veh Ord Menu
F4=Submit F5=Add to Library
S099 -- Press F4 to Submit QC088902
PLU b5
I'm guessing that he printed this and faxed to me to confirm my order choices, then once I signed, he submitted the order (I bought by phone/fax). Only curious thing is why the Bee-aatch gave me C & U the first time. I left my sales guy a message asking for a fad of the DORA.
Old 3/11/05, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Karpro+March 11, 2005, 1:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karpro @ March 11, 2005, 1:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hunter@March 11, 2005, 6:06 AM

[/b][/quote]

Karpro:

but are you able to look up your status a week after dora prints ? My VOC has all the information - on the bottom it says _S005 Inquiry is Complete. To me that looks like a order in the system that is being looked up ??? No where on it does it say press ## to submit order - plus It has all the info - Dealer Number, Order Number, Ect ???
Old 3/12/05, 05:42 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG+March 12, 2005, 12:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBONSIG @ March 12, 2005, 12:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Karpro@March 11, 2005, 1:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-hunter
@March 11, 2005, 6:06 AM

Karpro:

but are you able to look up your status a week after dora prints ? My VOC has all the information - on the bottom it says _S005 Inquiry is Complete. To me that looks like a order in the system that is being looked up ??? No where on it does it say press ## to submit order - plus It has all the info - Dealer Number, Order Number, Ect ???
[/b][/quote]
I will wait till he provides me my DORA until I bother "her" again. It is just making me nutty checking and not knowing, seeing both sides of what others are dealing with and not knowing where I stand in the big pecking order. Thanks
Old 3/12/05, 02:57 PM
GT Member

I will wait till he provides me my DORA until I bother "her" again. It is just making me nutty checking and not knowing, seeing both sides of what others are dealing with and not knowing where I stand in the big pecking order. Thanks
Just had to check my VOC versus the order number my dealer gave me and the VOC is definitely not the same number. I have not gotten the DORA from my dealer, but he did give me the order number and read off the options on the DORA to double check that they matched the VOC--they did. I admit I've called the ERL a "few" times even though I should not expect much yet, but just want to catch it on the exact day that something happens. Heck if Ford had a web page that displayed order status, can you imagine how often people would be hitting the refresh button?!

Quick Reply: VOC & DORA SAME THING