2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Vert Here! How Can I Surprise Daughter?

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/05 | 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

Hi TexasMom,

If I understand correctly, your daughter already knows she's getting this car, right? So the only "surprise" involves how you present it to her.

I have read 5 pages of suggestions and most seem to involve a restaurant. All of them seem creative enough, but I am a stickler for details. The logistics of secretly delivering a brand new car to the parking lot of a local eatery would unnerve me. I guess I'd worry if the surprise was spoiled. Clearly, a sibling or significant other has the responsibility of secretly delivering the car. I wouldn't want one of her friends to drive it because your daughter should be the first to get behind the wheel. Family is okay, but friends are not. Be sure that you don't get a table with a view of the parking lot. It would be wise to present your gift during daylight hours. That way, you could check it over, and it's safer for someone who is unfamiliar with a new car to drive it in day time rather than night. So dinner is out of the question, unless you go relatively early. And you might want to let the restaurant staff in on your plans, so they know where to seat you.

I like the video idea too. Still worries me how you'd get the car home without raising suspicion. I know I'm a worry wort, but it's just my nature. Play it cool, and whatever you devise will deliver the desired effect.

I think you have a good heart.

Chris
Old 4/22/05 | 08:59 AM

Celtic Club...you're right on many accounts! I do think it needs to be daytime...right now she is off spending the weekend with her brother at college that she loves dearly so I have some time to get it situated! We live in a small town so the valet thing is not real feasible.....Yes we are "small town hicks" and I love it! We definitely chose a small town to raise our children! (wow that was off topic! ) Anyway still trying to establish a plan....and I've really enjoyed reading the great suggestions and I've really actually enjoyed reading the various opinions and "condemnations" of me, my daughter and our lifestyle as well! It's what makes the world go around!
Old 4/22/05 | 09:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just be sure to let us know IN DETAIL how you pull the surprise off! LOL

I'm sure it will be one of the greatest days in her life, memorable no matter how you do it!
Old 4/22/05 | 09:05 AM
GTR Member

Originally posted by TexasMom05@April 22, 2005, 10:02 AM
Celtic Club...you're right on many accounts! I do think it needs to be daytime...right now she is off spending the weekend with her brother at college that she loves dearly so I have some time to get it situated! We live in a small town so the valet thing is not real feasible.....Yes we are "small town hicks" and I love it! We definitely chose a small town to raise our children! (wow that was off topic! ) Anyway still trying to establish a plan....and I've really enjoyed reading the great suggestions and I've really actually enjoyed reading the various opinions and "condemnations" of me, my daughter and our lifestyle as well! It's what makes the world go around!
You have a great attitude about all of this. I hope everything goes according to plan. :hiding: It sounds like it will turn out great!
Old 4/22/05 | 09:57 AM
V6 Member

"Just make sure you take a picture of your daughter with the top down and show it to us! We like to see happy new Mustang owners with their cars."

Some of us like to see happy 18 yr old girls w/ new mustangs

Old 4/22/05 | 09:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by TexasMom05@April 22, 2005, 11:02 AM

Exactly my point. Opinions are like hiney holes, everyone has them and they are all different. Just because we all may disagree at some time or another, we can most certainly agree to disagree.