2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Vandalized in broad daylight on busy street

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/05, 02:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just another example of why I just won't leave this thing somewhere where I'm not going to be within eyeshot of it. Once again, the moron machine never stops. It's a 24x7 operation.

:bang:
Old 6/29/05, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Big Poppa@June 29, 2005, 3:26 PM
Sorry about your car, that terrible. My girlfriend says that was something a woman would do. With little footprints on you hood she might be right. Have you "3 F 'ed" some lady lately?
Nah. Someone else suggested that, too. Naw, I don't have any beefs with anyone, of the female persuasion or otherwise. And the car is, relatively speaking, brand new - and it was not where I normally park it anyway. I think it was just a random thing.
Old 6/29/05, 04:57 PM
V6 Member

all i can say is Karma comes around 3 Fold and for doing this to a Mustang I hope it comes back 6
Old 6/29/05, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

ahhh. the beauty of NY and a bar district--*sigh*
Old 6/29/05, 05:35 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Its good that you seem to be taking this in stride.

I personally only want one thing to happen if my car ever was to be vandalized, that I see it and who did it.
Old 6/29/05, 05:37 PM
Bullitt Member

i had an average car in the 80's but a stellar sound system, once someone came in the night and stole my shiat, i replaced it, and then slept(light sleeper) in my dads truck bed for 3+ months---on the 70th day, the bastards showed up again, lets just say i went 3 for 4 and there have been no problems since--besides his limp.....nuff said
Old 6/29/05, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Patience@June 29, 2005, 6:40 PM
i had an average car in the 80's but a stellar sound system, once someone came in the night and stole my shiat, i replaced it, and then slept(light sleeper) in my dads truck bed for 3+ months---on the 70th day, the bastards showed up again, lets just say i went 3 for 4 and there have been no problems since--besides his limp.....nuff said

Now that is "Patience".
Old 6/29/05, 06:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Patience@June 29, 2005, 4:40 PM

Nice man

But I'm afraid that this is the very thing I wouldn't want to do. Because to be quite honest I think if I caught someone doing something or trying to do something I wouldn't be very rational and I think I might just end their life.

Not that I have a problem with justice, but I wouldn't want to go to jail and in the end it's just not worth it.

But I would have LOVED to be there when you beat the XXX out of them do you have video
Old 6/30/05, 10:16 AM
Bullitt Member

i hate scumbags like that, never mess with another mans car....sorry to hear about the windsheild...I used to work in a really bad section of town with the homeless and a bunch of kids ran up the hood of my newly painted gt..one of the homeless guys chased them up the street but man was I pissed so i know how you feel...sorry again
Old 6/30/05, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Smile

Not to hijack this topic....but it's along this line...

Parked in the "south 40" of Wallyworld. NO cars...no buggie racks...no reason at all to park there....Ran inside and did my quck cd purchase. Upon retuning I noticed an ealry 80's POS astrovan beside me. They hard parked so close I scooted between with my key in my hand, surely the wouldn't get out tht passegars side?. The "XXX-Large" driver woman get outs and is waiting for for XX-large daughter to exit. The impatitent mother (who did not see me waiting) between the cars tells her daught to "...use both legs to push the door open further...". I looked at the circus reject of a daughter and said "...try it....and you will walk with a limp for the rest of your life". She, of course, tell her weeblo-wobble shapped mother to move the car casue it 's too close. Mom huff's and puff's casue she damed well aint moving her car. The she notices me and he daughter (who can only open the door about 18". Fat Bottom Mom "hurmphs" and asks If I can move my car. I look straight in her eyes and say "No....I was parked her atleast 10 mis before you...there are approximatley 250 empty spots just in this lane" Without another word she waddles back to the car and burns rubber for 2 MORE spots. That's when it hit me....where we were parked was equidistance from the McDonalds AND Walmart.

Needless to say I found another abandoded lane with no access to park at when I have to got to Wallyworld.....
Old 6/30/05, 11:30 AM
FR500 Member

That's horrible. I can tell you that I really don't think it was a female. It's not like a female to get on the hood of a car and kick in a windshield. Maybe use a bat or some other object. I have known some very angry and violent women in my days, but never one to use her fist or foot (i.e. take the risk of injuring herself) to do so much damage. Now before any of you female members give me a hard time, I'm not calling women sissies, or anything like that... it's just not a woman's instinct to do such a thing, at least not with her foot. I can pretty much guarantee it was a high school kid.. a male that is. Judging by the print, it appears those are more the skateboarder type of shoes than tennis shoes. So I am guessing it was a skater punk. I used to know a few in highschool, and let me tell you that there are no other groups of people that enjoy to cause more damage and make more trouble than pot-smoking, ecstasy-popping skateboard punks.

Also, did the cops check for fingerprints on the hood? It would be pretty hard to jump on a car without using your hands to get up on it. I can actually see in one of the pics what appears to be finger marks.
Old 6/30/05, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by acadian@June 30, 2005, 12:33 PM
That's horrible. I can tell you that I really don't think it was a female. It's not like a female to get on the hood of a car and kick in a windshield. Maybe use a bat or some other object. I have known some very angry and violent women in my days, but never one to use her fist or foot (i.e. take the risk of injuring herself) to do so much damage. Now before any of you female members give me a hard time, I'm not calling women sissies, or anything like that... it's just not a woman's instinct to do such a thing, at least not with her foot. I can pretty much guarantee it was a high school kid.. a male that is. Judging by the print, it appears those are more the skateboarder type of shoes than tennis shoes. So I am guessing it was a skater punk. I used to know a few in highschool, and let me tell you that there are no other groups of people that enjoy to cause more damage and make more trouble than pot-smoking, ecstasy-popping skateboard punks.

Also, did the cops check for fingerprints on the hood? It would be pretty hard to jump on a car without using your hands to get up on it. I can actually see in one of the pics what appears to be finger marks.
There were several fingerprints on the hood and, indeed, a half palm and thumb print on the driver-side front of the hood (as if the person were standing next to the left front wheel and grabbed the hood by the front end, with his fingers extending over the front end of the hood to grasp it).

Cops said, "unless there's major crime, like they tried to steal the airbags or something, they won't come out to fingerprint it." I consider it a major crime. Does that count? :scratch:

Probably wouldn't have done any good anyway - unlikely that a 13, 14, 15 year old or so would be in a database. Possible, but unlikely.

Lime05owner - Holy LMAO. Equidistant between a McDonalds and Walmart. Priceless. Some people just need
Old 6/30/05, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Lime05owner@June 30, 2005, 11:08 AM
Not to hijack this topic....but it's along this line...

Parked in the "south 40" of Wallyworld. NO cars...no buggie racks...no reason at all to park there....Ran inside and did my quck cd purchase. Upon retuning I noticed an ealry 80's POS astrovan beside me. They hard parked so close I scooted between with my key in my hand, surely the wouldn't get out tht passegars side?.

I never understood why people park next to another car when there are plenty other vacant spots available. I mean, for the convenience reason alone (easier to get in and out of your car, or load groceries) would seem it would make more sense to get into your own "area". Even before I had my Mustang, I would always park away from any other car, just out of respect and courtesy.
Old 6/30/05, 12:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow New York really is a tough city.....I dont know what to say except sooo sorrry man...
Old 6/30/05, 01:43 PM

Man, that really stinks and it's so hard to deal with because you don't know who did it.

Dunno if you remember or have seen my car before but my window was bashed in too.

I brought it to the shop (One of the best shops in the area, since insurance would be covering most of it) on the 3rd of June and they just got the window in yesterday! That's nearly 4 weeks. I really hope that you can get your window quickly and get on with your life. It's not much fun having monthly payments for something you can't even use.

Goodluck and sorry about the window.
Old 6/30/05, 02:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Nolimdien@June 30, 2005, 2:46 PM
Man, that really stinks and it's so hard to deal with because you don't know who did it.

Dunno if you remember or have seen my car before but my window was bashed in too.

I brought it to the shop (One of the best shops in the area, since insurance would be covering most of it) on the 3rd of June and they just got the window in yesterday! That's nearly 4 weeks. I really hope that you can get your window quickly and get on with your life. It's not much fun having monthly payments for something you can't even use.

Goodluck and sorry about the window.
Ugh. Sorry to see that - it's far worse than mine was. The windowshield was essentially "bubbled" in, but did not open. For instance, one would not be able to stick their arm in through any hole or anything, the way one could stick their arm in the back of yours. My windshield was busted on Friday and was fixed Monday. Really puts things in perspective.

Glad to hear you're back up and running, though. Thanks for sharing, and sorry this crap happened to you, too.
Old 7/1/05, 12:28 AM
Bullitt Member

you asked how this vandalism could happen in broad daylight with tons of cars driving... but you are forgetting... ths is brooklyn, NYC.. city people are so 'busy' they dont even notice anything going on.. an those who do figure someone else will report it.
Old 7/1/05, 05:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

That stinks man. Glad to see your up and going again.

Makes my chip in the W/S look like nothing.

I got a chip about 4 days after I got my car.

Got the insurance company involved, didn't cost me a dime.

I helped the guy install it. Asked him about cure time.

He pulls out a spec sheet. When windshield is set it is approximately 95% safe immediately. After 1 hour the adhesive bond is 100%. Keep high pressure water from seal for 24 hours. He said high pressure not just garden hose pressure, that wouldn't bother it.

Another thought on this whole thing.
Can you contact PETA? I would think that this falls under cruelty to animals.
Old 7/1/05, 07:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Some observations:

1) It stinks what happened, obviously, but you're actually lucky that the damage wasn't a lot worse and more permanent. I've had windshields replaced before, and there's really no difference at all from the original glass.

2) How did someone walk on your hood and not cause a single scratch?! That is really lucky! You'd think there'd be some pebbles or sand or whatever on the bottom of their soles that cause enough damage to require repainting the hood. Again, you really lucked out when you think about it...

3) If the person was light enough not to cause the hood to dent, then how could they kick the windshield in? You ever try kicking a windshield in? B) Not that I have, but it doesn't seem like it would be easy, especially for a light kid - unless he had steel-toed boots. :scratch: Could it have been a baseball bat or tire iron?

4) You shouldn't have to pay a dime. Most insurance policies include $0.00 deductible glass replacement for only a a couple extra dollars a year, so most people get it.
Old 7/1/05, 08:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by wjones14@July 1, 2005, 8:27 AM
Some observations:

1) It stinks what happened, obviously, but you're actually lucky that the damage wasn't a lot worse and more permanent. I've had windshields replaced before, and there's really no difference at all from the original glass.

2) How did someone walk on your hood and not cause a single scratch?! That is really lucky! You'd think there'd be some pebbles or sand or whatever on the bottom of their soles that cause enough damage to require repainting the hood. Again, you really lucked out when you think about it...

3) If the person was light enough not to cause the hood to dent, then how could they kick the windshield in? You ever try kicking a windshield in? B) Not that I have, but it doesn't seem like it would be easy, especially for a light kid - unless he had steel-toed boots. :scratch: Could it have been a baseball bat or tire iron?

4) You shouldn't have to pay a dime. Most insurance policies include $0.00 deductible glass replacement for only a a couple extra dollars a year, so most people get it.
All good observations.

1. After being upset for a bit about it, I realized it ultimately was about the "best" thing that could happen, in terms of the car being vandalized - being keyed, a fender kicked in, etc., etc. would have been far worse. Especially since the replacement glass had the same mustang logo as the stock glass, yeah - basically, I was fortunate to be able to make it "like new" again.

2. I'm extremely lucky there was no damage to the hood. Don't know how it happened. The car was pretty dirty/dusty, which is why you can see the footprints in the first place. But footprints don't belong on a hood, and with them there, I can't draw any other conclusion than that someone was standing on the hood. The only other way they'd get there is if someone laid sneakers on the hood to make it appear that someone climbed on it. But, yeah - no scratches, no dents. Very lucky. Perhaps the hood is actually stronger than one would think, if it didn't dent.

3. Yeah, I've never kicked a windshield in, either. But I would think stomping with the heel would probably work. I doubt it was a bat or tire iron just because there was no hole in the windshield. Instead, it kind of "bubbled" in, but didn't break. The amount of force in a swinging bat or iron, concentrated in a small area, would almost certainly shatter through the window, not just essentially "dent" it, like what happened here.

4. Insurance considered it vandalism = comprehensive (not glass) = $500 deductible; cost $360, so I ate it.

Again, thanks for the kind comments (and theories!) everyone.

Jack

Quick Reply: Vandalized in broad daylight on busy street