2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Vandalism, gawkers, creeps, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 9/17/05, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got egged in a parking lot last Friday evening on the trunk just next to the driver's tail lamp. I intentionally parked away from congestion, but when I came out, I noticed some white shells and yolk dripping from the tail end. I was p/o'd. Did my best to wipe off immediately; however, if you look at up close, you can still see the damage where the impact occurred. One of those things that no one else will probably notice, but I still know it's there.

Assumed it was either jealous or drunk kids. Didn't see any other vehicles in the lot that were egged.
Old 9/17/05, 10:17 AM
Cobra Member

With the exception of one remark, I have enjoyed nothing but praise. I overheard one guy tell his friend that my car was "hot...but not." He may have been referring to the Legend Lime color, but I couldn't be sure because I didn't engage him in conversation. I can't figure out what his problem was, but I'm pretty sure it was born of envy; he was driving the most dilapidated POS pickup truck I'd ever seen, with bald tires and tar streaks down the sides of the bed. Oh well. Someone wasn't having a good day.

No vandalism whatsoever. Like someone else mentioned, unless you count bird droppings. The car is virtually crap-free now that I've sprung for the $75 a month to park in the parking deck where I live, in lieu of the general public parking lot. Well worth the investment; I would have spent at least that much in car washes!

FYI everyone: those 5 mph bumpers work remarkably well. I accidentily backed into the wooden bumper on the concrete wall of the parking deck. It made an awful crunching and popping sound when I did it, but when I got out to inspect what I thought would be a horrible site, I was pleasantly surprised to see NO DAMAGE! Way to go, Ford!
Old 9/18/05, 11:39 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had large groups of kids from day care that are out for a walk yelling and screaming "COOL CAR" ....."LOVE YOUR MUSTANG"
And I've even had one person that was passing the gas station on the highway that I was filling up at turn around and come back just to talk to me about the car !!
The last biggie was at the local county grocery store most of the locals that were going in and out all stopped at the Mustang just to check it out even if they had armloads full of groceries ...all of them complimented on the car saying "when was the last time that you remember a car that could inspire a group of people to hang around and check out a new car" It came to mind that that the late 60's early 70's was the last time :P
Old 9/18/05, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

So far I haven't had any trouble, other than Stangarang whining about me parking next to him at work!

Now when I'm at the office I park a whole deck up from him so I don't have to listen to it....
Old 9/18/05, 04:59 PM
GT Member

Well, I have had my 06 Pony for two weeks now. About 600 miles. Yep; lots of folks are quite impressed with the car. It is not hard to tell. Makes me feel odd. After all, I know the car is cool. That is why I own it.

And I have to say that there are not really not many 05/06 Stangs around yet. For instance, today I drove about 100 miles from PA to DC and I think I only saw two other new Stangs.

Ain't it great!

Old 9/18/05, 05:17 PM
GT Member

wow, I can't believe that.....hopefully it was because of somtehing... perhaps an ex-girlfriend. Whats the famous quote from Pulp Fiction..ain't nothing more chickensh... than messin with another mans car!!!
Old 9/18/05, 05:18 PM
GT Member

above about post from Nolimden!!
Old 9/19/05, 01:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

The good...
1. Blue collar America love it. I have never gotten so many comments from the working man. Construction workers, landscapers, city workers, bum's etc.
2. Kids love it. I've had kids come talk to me about it, despite the fact it was parked next to my friend's Z06 Vette.
3. Girls love it. Come one, the car is sexy, who can deny that?
4. 100% of my friends love it. Even the snobby luxury car owners. "Yeah, the low end torque is f-cking awesome, def. love the powerful feeling it has over (my) high revving engines."
5. People tend to compliment mine instead of have the "whose's d-ck (wallet) is bigger" attitude like my luxury car friends get when they park next to another luxury car owner.
6. I get the thumbs up from a lot of other Stang enthusiasts.

The bad...
1. I get revved at by beefier car's than mine: late model M3's, Vettes (Z06's, coupes, verts), other modded Mustangs, modded Camaro's, a f-ing Farrari, a f-ing Lotus.
2. Rice out imports don't want to race me. They sure as heck wanted to race me when I was in my Prelude (yes, it had obnoxious exhaust, and yes I'm embarrassed).
3. Haters. After washing and polish my car, someone decides to put a spread eagle hand print on my passenger side door.
4. I can't count the number of times that friends of friends or new people I meet say sh-t like, "Why did you buy a Ford??" or "Why did you get Mustang??" with a lot of disdain in their voice. Here's my current answer, "Cuz I have ***** and not a vagina, you Honda driving p-ssy." Hehe, I actually own a Honda also. Also no offense to any women about the vagina comment. My last two serious gf's have been hard core feminists.
5. Redfire + GT Mustang + young looking person driving = cop manget. My V1 went off with the arrow indicating that the radar signal was behind me. I slam on the brakes and look in my rear view and see two state troopers getting on the on-ramp. One tails me for 15 freaking miles with his radar on. We were getting passed left and right by other cars, but he stuck to my hiney like flies on sh-t, keeping his radar pointed right at me.
Old 9/19/05, 10:28 AM
Bullitt Member

While I was driving my car into a car show I had one of the show workers ask me who's car I was driving. Ummm....mine. I also had a girl run up to the car and ask me if it was my car (as if the fact that I was driving it wasn't a good enough hint). She told me she loved Shelbys and she loved my car. She said her name was Shelby and she was named after Carroll Shelby. Too bad she was 16.
Old 9/19/05, 10:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts
Overheard by my wife at church yesterday. . .

(Two teen boys) "Oh, man! Do you SEE that Mustang?"

"Awesome! Oh, man, it's a convertible!"

"Is it? Yeah, you're right!"

"Is it a Shelby?"

"No doofus - they're not making 'em yet"

"Man, that is still one SICK car!"

And I so enjoy exchanging friendly waves again with other Mustang owners.
Old 9/19/05, 10:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by markski74@September 19, 2005, 10:31 AM
Too bad she was 16.
What, that's not legal in Indiana??

Hehe, that would be sweet to have a gf like that (I mean if she was older of course). My gf starts to roll her eyes and drifting off when I start talking about modding my car. She like it, but isn't in love with it like I am...
Old 9/19/05, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
clockworks, the bad, no. 5 - yes, the cops will trail for as long as they can w/ radar - i like to freak them out and keep her 1 mph above the limit and my VG2 keeps on singing...lol

some chicks like driving a modded Mustang GT!

get all the usual stuff like stares, thumbs up, pics. while "inside the store" and watching them, was the first one in my area to get a GT Stang and for the first month the stares were incredible....

ricers: just learn to ignore them, they know what you are driving and just want to mess w/ you --

had a retired couple accuse me up and down that she was a cool restoration -- there was no way to convince them she was an '05.. :scratch:
Old 9/19/05, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by clockworks@September 19, 2005, 12:02 PM
What, that's not legal in Indiana??

(

Actually, I think you are correct. It is legal. I just looked it up and 16 is the listed age. 17 for Texas.

I think I will stick with Mustangs.
Old 9/19/05, 03:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Stangette@September 19, 2005, 12:02 PM
some chicks like driving a modded Mustang GT!
Nice modded redfire GT, Linda...
Old 9/19/05, 03:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by markski74@September 19, 2005, 2:54 PM
Actually, I think you are correct. It is legal. I just looked it up and 16 is the listed age. 17 for Texas.
Ahh jeez, I did not need to know that...Imma gunna git in trouble one of these days.

Hehe, jk...I usually play by my little rule of "if they look younger than me, don't mess with em!" Problem is that I look super young for a 25 year old. I could pass for being in highschool probably. Funny, I ended up with a 29 year old gf...
Old 9/19/05, 11:18 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't even want to think about what's going to happen to the Shelby when that comes out. Plus every nutjob with a Viper and a cause is gonna wanna challenge you.
Old 9/20/05, 12:11 AM
Bullitt Member

I get a lot of respect from people who pass by. It's more about the Windveil Blue color than anything else. Other than that, it's the 17" Bullitts that make mine stand out among the V6s in the neighborhood.

On the negative side, I've had two incidents where a car in front of me would not move on green and just gun it on yellow in an attempt to get me caught on red - one was with an old Honda Accord, and the other was with a Chrysler 300C. Neither of the drivers were on cell phones. They just saw my V6 on their rearview mirror and decided to do their stupid thing.
Old 9/20/05, 01:31 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of course the Shelby Cobra will probably strike terror in the hearts of most drivers - which is as it should be.
Old 9/20/05, 02:49 AM
Cobra Member

No haters here so far, on the contrary.
The only annoying experience up to date was when some kids decided that my dirty hood (sorry, but I was at the end of a 800 mile trip) was the best place to draw another pony like the one in the grille, with their fingers in the dirt. Plus, they also wrote "cool car, would look better with BBS wheels". I washed it the next morning and there were no scratches, luckily.

P.S.: this morning on my way to work a motorcycle cop rode just behind me the whole time and when I stopped at the lights he came alongside me and gave me a thumbs up!
Old 9/20/05, 02:56 AM

I got egged five days into ownership. Left some damage to the paint by the driver's door. I'm new to where I live, so of course the people I'm living with were like THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED HERE BEFORE WOW! I park in a slightly less conspicuous location now.

I went to Jack in the Box at 3am a couple of weeks ago (that place is evil for being 24hr) and at the drive-thru a kid on a bike *almost* plowed into the back of my car. Turns out he was drunk. He and his buddy apparently weren't meaning anything bad, they were just a bit out of their senses. I took a deep breath and I managed to get through unscathed. I think they were distracted by the truck two cars in front of me that was going through the drive-thru in reverse.

I've had polite conversations with people at gas stations twice, which catches me off guard since I'm not a muscle car person, so they start talking about camaros and firebirds and old mustangs and mechanical stuff and I'm totally lost.

Quick Reply: Vandalism, gawkers, creeps, etc.