2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Vandalism, gawkers, creeps, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/05, 03:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been great . . . except for that evil street sweeper that bounced a small boulder off my door. I now hate street sweepers.
Old 9/15/05, 03:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Nolimdien@September 15, 2005, 2:29 PM
This is what someone did to mine after about a month of having it.

that's just horrible, man. Jealous bastards..
Old 9/15/05, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

the other day i noticed something on my front bumper though it was dirt .um no a scratch right down to the plastic of the bumper...other than that nothing else...yea i am pissed about the bumper i used touch up paint to made it look as good as i could..not happy but until i get it fixed i feel alot better about it...now i am wondering if i should repaint the factory bumper or go with a nice after market one....
Old 9/15/05, 04:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Daily commuter, 160 miles a day, work at a Community College. 60 miles of freeway per day (20 of it in stop and go traffic) the other 100 is rural country roads.

Came out to a rubber tennis shoe smear above my left GT emblem the other day in the parking lot at work :angry: , no dent but paint scrapes/chips. Apparently they tried to give my emblem the boot and missed.

I get piped by everything from crap Hondas to nice Camaros and everything in between . . . even heck Angles on Harleys. I give back when I can .

Sometimes I get a nice thumbs down and pipe from some oncoming puke in the rural areas. Every so often I get a thumbs up . Past other ‘05s, some are friendly, others are oblivious. Older Mustangs are the same way :scratch: .

Always some wannabe jerk off on my **** in some cruddy little truck or some such thing just waiting to do a fly by :bang: .

Generally, life is good!
Old 9/15/05, 05:10 PM
V6 Member

The one time I stop at a Kinko's, on the weekend a Idiot hit the front of the Stang, and flaked the paint on the bumper.

10,000 miles
Delivered 11/10/04
Old 9/15/05, 05:29 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by The Lyin' King@September 15, 2005, 4:49 PM
Daily commuter, 160 miles a day, work at a Community College. 60 miles of freeway per day (20 of it in stop and go traffic) the other 100 is rural country roads.

Came out to a rubber tennis shoe smear above my left GT emblem the other day in the parking lot at work :angry: , no dent but paint scrapes/chips. Apparently they tried to give my emblem the boot and missed.

I get piped by everything from crap Hondas to nice Camaros and everything in between . . . even heck Angles on Harleys. I give back when I can .

Sometimes I get a nice thumbs down and pipe from some oncoming puke in the rural areas. Every so often I get a thumbs up . Past other ‘05s, some are friendly, others are oblivious. Older Mustangs are the same way :scratch: .

Always some wannabe jerk off on my **** in some cruddy little truck or some such thing just waiting to do a fly by :bang: .

Generally, life is good!
Hey dude you need to get out of California. That place sounds evil. You need to come to Wisconsin, where they :worship: everytime the Mustang passes. Cheers!
Old 9/15/05, 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=27800&hl=
Old 9/15/05, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

My only brush with idiots was when I had mine parked in the visitor parking and someone carved out the GT emblem on the drivers side. Other than that, nothing but engine revs and gawkers...
Old 9/15/05, 06:29 PM
V6 Member

I had one guy yelling at me to light 'em up, but I was at a stop light with a lot of traffic. I would have if not for the traffic.

Tons of points, stares. Had a cop give me a thumbs up. Two guys in a BMW M5 almost drove off the road looking at her.

Only had one "race" kinda thing happen. On the way back home the other day, there was a RAV4 trying to show me he could keep up with my baby. A quick downshift and foot push and I never saw him again. Weird.
Old 9/15/05, 09:01 PM
V6 Member

I can't wait for my turn... my dealer says I should have mine in mid October. Hope the morons don't smash my glass that just sux
Old 9/16/05, 09:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by kabuki104@September 15, 2005, 6:32 PM
I had one guy yelling at me to light 'em up, but I was at a stop light with a lot of traffic. I would have if not for the traffic.

Tons of points, stares. Had a cop give me a thumbs up. Two guys in a BMW M5 almost drove off the road looking at her.

Only had one "race" kinda thing happen. On the way back home the other day, there was a RAV4 trying to show me he could keep up with my baby. A quick downshift and foot push and I never saw him again. Weird.

Old 9/16/05, 09:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Had lots of stares, head turns, and thumbs up.....even had one guy at work wanting to race me in his Camaro Vert, but I told him I didn't want to embarrass him in front of everybody.
Only "vandal" incident is about a 3" light red mark on my rear left bumper. Not sure where/how that happened. Son noticed it when he was washing her the other day.
Old 9/16/05, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by FalconDude@September 15, 2005, 4:32 PM
Hey dude you need to get out of California. That place sounds evil. You need to come to Wisconsin, where they :worship: everytime the Mustang passes. Cheers!
I was born near by in Minneapolis, MN . . . . . so I know what you're talking about

Fortunately this junk only occupies a small portion of my life . . . I live in the Central Motherlode of the Sierra Nevada mountain range and when I get in my neck of the woods . . . it ain't like this flatlander city crap :notnice: I mentioned.
Old 9/16/05, 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

It's been mixed for me having the only one in the entire country. The ladies love it, most men admire it, and of course there are the haters out there that talk trash everytime I bring it out of the garage. A cop charged me only 60 euros for what is normally a 500 euro speeding ticket because he had only saw the '05 on TV and thanked me (can you believe that) for giving him the opportinunity of seeing the car up close, plus I had to wait til his wife brought the camera so he could take pictures. Whats a 15 min wait to save 440 euros. So far no damage but I'm very very partiular where I park when I'm out an about. Sooner or later the haters will get me as with my last Mustang, but as for now I'm just enjoying the show.
Old 9/16/05, 07:21 PM
V6 Member

Got mine back in November, and didn't even get it off the lot before I was getting attention. The dealer was giving it a final clean, taking the plastic off the seats, etc. and a couple college girls walked up to it and started looking through the windows. I walked up to it and they started asking me if it was mine. I of course proudly stated it was. Driving to work a guy in a Camaro drove up to me on the freeway, honked his horn, and flashed me a thumbs up. Now that the Mustang is a bit more common out on the roads the attention isn't as blatant, but I still catch people taking looks at it out on the road. No problems with vandals though.
Old 9/16/05, 08:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The biggest thing that I get is the "Thumbs Up" and head nods by bikers. Real good feeling.
Old 9/16/05, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Basically, I've had compliments from people while parking my car in shopping center parking lots. "Beautiful", "My husband is drooling over your car". Comments like that. Seems that everyone loves it. No bad experiences. So when you get your Mustang you will feel like a celeberty. However, I do always park in end spots when in public parking lots to avoid door dings. It's a great car, you'll love it!
Old 9/16/05, 10:09 PM
Cobra R Member

My GT was the first in the STL area and for a while I thought it was the only one in the whole state. Gas stops were lengthily but I never was in a hurry. People just wanted to see one in person and ask questions. No problems with AHs.
Old 9/17/05, 04:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nothing but compliments since day one!

One weekend driving passed an A&P on Route 9 in NJ I saw a collection of older muscle cars parked in a section of A&P's lot so I pulled in to see what was there. I was all ready to park away from the collection of antique cars when I was waved in by one of the members and asked if I'd park next to this older 66-68 Mustang. I was definitely happy to! People loved seeing to two Mustangs together, I just wish I had a camera then. Got nothing but praise and thumbs up.

And just today as I was stopped at a light this guy in his Escalade pulls along side and pretty muched drooled all over Angelina. He leaned out of his window looking my baby up and down saying,"Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, I don't know what else to say, your car is beautiful! Wanna trade? Drive it in good health" I thanked him and when the light went green I chirped 1st & 2nd which got a thumbs up in my rearview! That just made my PermaGrin even bigger!

Thank you Ford!
Old 9/17/05, 04:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts
More positives.

A roofer swiveled his neck and waved enthusiastically to my bride as she cruised by. She worried about him tumbling off the roof.

Last night two fellows in a white Jetta paced us, rolled down their windows, called out "Nice Car!" and gave us big .

Quick Reply: Vandalism, gawkers, creeps, etc.