2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Is this a valid ticket socal pd input please

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/07, 01:51 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RobK
Uh, if you STOPPED then yeah, that's exactly what it would feel like! It's right turn on red AFTER STOP!!! WTF with all of the posts lately about trying to get out of tickets that were received legitimately? Grow up! So a freakin camera caught you instead of an officer? Is it any less illegal to do it on front of a camera? Again, just like the stupid post about the tint, IT WAS ILLEGAL AND YOU'RE ADMITTING WHAT YOU DID WAS ILLEGAL. Just be a man and deal with the consequences of your actions. I'm so tired of this phenomenon in the US lately that folks don't want to be held accountable for their actions.

Rant over. Go about your business.
actually yes, technically in legal terms it is less illegal to do it in front of a camera instead of an officer, at least when it comes to a moving violation. Hence the reason for the need of a live human being to review all the tapes. No moving violation can legally be prosecuted without being witnessed by a law enforcement agent, its almost like it never happened. Does it mean that it didnt happen? NO. But one can not be held legally responsible for it...sorry but its the law.

Originally Posted by karman
Cases may be disposed of without the finality of a guilty or not guilty finding. A prosecutor may recommend that charges be placed on file in which case further action is indefinitely suspended. Prior to trial, a prosecutor may file a nolle prosequi of the indictment or complaint which means that, although there has been an indictment, the case will not be prosecuted. A nolle prosequi is unusual and the prosecutor must file a written explanation. In some cases, particularly those heard in district juvenile court, after the hearing the judge will determine that justice would best be served and the defendant would have the best chances of rehabilitation if the charges are continued without a finding. If the defendant keeps out of trouble for a given period, the charges are dropped. If the defendant does not fulfill the judge's conditions, the original charge will be brought back to court and a guilt finding imposed. Usually, in order for a case to be continued without a finding, the defendant must agree with the facts of the charge as detailed by the prosecution.
It has worked for me.
Ok I get what it means to have it closed with no finding but how in the world do you get a prosecuter to do so for a moving violation? especially since the prosecuter would be the arresting officer.
Old 7/8/07, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RobK
Uh, if you STOPPED then yeah, that's exactly what it would feel like! It's right turn on red AFTER STOP!!! WTF with all of the posts lately about trying to get out of tickets that were received legitimately? Grow up! So a freakin camera caught you instead of an officer? Is it any less illegal to do it on front of a camera? Again, just like the stupid post about the tint, IT WAS ILLEGAL AND YOU'RE ADMITTING WHAT YOU DID WAS ILLEGAL. Just be a man and deal with the consequences of your actions. I'm so tired of this phenomenon in the US lately that folks don't want to be held accountable for their actions.

Rant over. Go about your business.
Actually my original thread was just finding out if the ticket was legitimate. When some suggestions poured in and I am grateful for it, as I wouldn't mind not paying for it.
Old 7/8/07, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
yes these tickets only target honest people. In Cali, if you do not have a front plate you will not be given a ticket, if your face isnt clear you will not get a ticket, so tint on front windshield, visor down, put your hand in front of your face as you run a red, if you perjure yourself you will not be found guilty, all you have to do is say its not you, or if you say you never recieved it in the mail, they can not prove that you ever recieved the ticket.

cali traffic laws are very unfair, especially to those law abiding citizens and are only designed to leech money out of these honest peoples pockets.
You are right Rich! I have seen worst offenders and they get away with it. This is like when you are the only car on the road in a stop light in a desserted road at 2 am and you know that there are no cars coming in either directions but you sit and wait because the light tells you.
Old 7/8/07, 09:07 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Ok I get what it means to have it closed with no finding but how in the world do you get a prosecuter to do so for a moving violation? especially since the prosecuter would be the arresting officer.
I suppose in small towns all they have is an officer to do the prosecution.
My town ain't that small anymore.
I am not a lawyer. I tried to give the best explanation I could of what I have done in the past.
My original post said to hire a lawyer to get it filed without a finding.
Old 7/8/07, 05:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how in the world do you get a prosecuter to do so for a moving violation? especially since the prosecuter would be the arresting officer.

Not sure how it works in California but, here the Officer is a witness for the Prosecution. We have Municipal Prosecutors who handle traffic violations and traffic court.
Old 7/8/07, 06:46 PM

This will last until some Politician gets caught with a so called female or male aquaintance getting very familiar with each other and blowing a light {no pun intended} and having his pic taken.