2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V6 Markups !

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/05, 12:14 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think V6's arent in demand. I tried finding a Black manual V6 coupe. At the time, only 2 on the east coast. That sure looks like high demand to me.
Old 6/15/05, 02:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the first 05 mustang I saw was a V6, and it had a 5K markup! :bang:
Old 6/15/05, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 06VistaPony@June 15, 2005, 12:43 PM
I don't understand. I got all my quotes for my '06 V6 order last week on-line. ALL my quotes were under MSRP.

Like any commodity - do the research and comparison shop.

If a dealer has stupid high prices - move on. If they catch the uneducated with their mark-ups - well that's capitalism!
No, that is greed, any dealer who will try to do these outrageous mark-ups know who and who they cannot get away with. Think about it if it was your grandmother at the local Mercury dealer all by herself going to buy that Grand Marquis, but they are telling her her credit is bad, she should get senseless options such as VIN etching, and making her pay 500 bucks a month for 670 months, it's shameless and greed and in a sense that is what this bullpoo is. It's just so frustrating and I wanna pound my head against a wall like this ---> :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Matt
Old 6/15/05, 03:29 PM
GT Member

my detailer told me that ford just sent out a bunch of memos stating that they will be cracking down on the markups. In detroit, all the markups i've seen have been on a v6 with "aftermarket extras" added. They throw on 2 grand worth or stuff and charge 8-9 grand more.

They are also cracking down on brokered cars. Dealers are reselling cars for over sticker as new, when they haev already been titled. Thats not only against ford policy, but illegal
Old 6/15/05, 03:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

My Ford dealer is selling V6s discounted - but GTs have a mark-up.
Old 6/15/05, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by metfoo@June 15, 2005, 4:32 PM
my detailer told me that ford just sent out a bunch of memos stating that they will be cracking down on the markups. In detroit, all the markups i've seen have been on a v6 with "aftermarket extras" added. They throw on 2 grand worth or stuff and charge 8-9 grand more.

They are also cracking down on brokered cars. Dealers are reselling cars for over sticker as new, when they haev already been titled. Thats not only against ford policy, but illegal
How is selling a car that has been titled for over sticker illegal? That would mean that any classic car dealer is selling cars illegally because most of the classic cars sell for much more than their original sticker price.
Old 6/15/05, 04:32 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by moc1976+June 15, 2005, 9:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moc1976 @ June 15, 2005, 9:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bunch of crap, and Ford should make them stop. People here will stick up for Ford and say it's the dealers, but ultimately, this hurts Ford. Ford should not let these greedy dealers to this.

I have heard of the V6 verts being marked up, but it's been a while since the 6 coupe had a mark-up. If only people wouldn't pay the mark-up......................
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Flyinlow
@June 15, 2005, 5:09 PM
How is selling a car that has been titled for over sticker illegal? That would mean that any classic car dealer is selling cars illegally because most of the classic cars sell for much more than their original sticker price.
[/quote]

they are selling them as new. if a car has been tritled once, its not considered to be new. Since its not new, they are performing an act of fraud, which is illegal
Old 6/15/05, 04:33 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by metfoo@June 15, 2005, 3:32 PM

Your dealer is an idiot my friend. Ford has sent no memo out, and will not send any such memo out. It wasn't sent out on the Thunderbird, it wasn't sent out on the Cobra R, it wasn't sent out on the 03-04 Cobras. It wasn't sent out on the Bullit and Mach 1's. If anyone doesn't like, you have the right to shut up, not buy, and wait. Its that simple. As i stated before, no one has ever been forced to sign a contract at a dealer. You are an adult. Make your decisions.
Old 6/15/05, 06:59 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by tw0scoops123@June 15, 2005, 11:26 AM
only stupid people would pay markup for a V6 since they are not in demand.
If someone pays markup for the V6, the car is in demand, as far as the person paying the markup is concerned.
Old 6/15/05, 08:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I was at the dealer I am hopefully ordering an 06 GT from today. As I was going over the details of what I am ordering and getting a price, the sales guy showed me a copy of a sticker that was on a car they got in trade from another dealer. It was a v6 ... sticker was something over 23,000 ... after the dealer markup it was over 28,000. Even the salesmen there couldnt believe that. Shortly after that he agreed to 500 over invoice or x-plan whichever I wanted (tentatively at least, he still has to get it past the sales manager and into the system which doesnt happen till friday sometime). Its good to see that some few dealers are not completely greed driven and try to strike a balance between their profit and the amount a customer can pay.
Old 6/15/05, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by b_btrick@June 15, 2005, 10:03 PM
Its good to see that some few dealers are not completely greed driven and try to strike a balance between their profit and the amount a customer can pay.
We were quoted the MSRP when we ordered our Premium GT convertible in March. By the time the car had arrived in June the MSRP was $300 more. The dealer sold it to us at the original price. There are some good dealers out there.

Of course ... the salesman told us they would be adding a markup to GTs in the future because they aren't going to be able to get many more of them in '05.

-- Roger
http://mustang.jadebox.com/
Old 6/15/05, 09:51 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i've seen MSRP $21K V6s (coupes mind you) marked up well into the thirties

darn crooks
Old 6/15/05, 10:05 PM
GT Member

Trust me, I agree with you guys on it being a little bit too much to be marking up the V6 Mustang, but you really can't knock the dealers for trying to make some money on a car that has no problem selling. If everyone would stop expecting to pay invoice for everything else on the lot, they dealers would not have to make it all on the Mustang buyers. Take that however you want to, just my 2 cents.
Old 6/15/05, 10:30 PM

I paid under invoice for my V6 coupe in March (went a few hours out of state to pick it up, because my options were on the lot there) but a guy at work just put money down on a local black V6 manual... $32k. I think, at this point, he should just wait a little longer and get an '06 and save a handful and/or buy a GT, and am trying to talk him into that. At that price he could abandon his down payment and still get way, way ahead in just a couple of months.

Meanwhile, thanks to the insane markups around here, everyone thinks I'm rich because I have an '05, which is oh, oh so very not true and totally ruins my redneck cred.

'Course, the dealership that's charging $32k for that V6 is the one to which I'll have to take my car for service, and I'm really dreading it & looking for non-local options, since I'm so appalled by the pricing tactics.
Old 6/16/05, 12:13 AM
V6 Member

I have seen two GT in the past week, one in Orland and the other in Frankfort. The one in Orland was a black GT priced at $38,000, and the one in Frankfort was also priced at $38,000. The window had a sticker stating Market Adjustment $10,000. I received a phone call from the salesman in Frankfort trying to sell me this car for $38,000, give me a break. Yes I want the car, but I can wait until these price wars end. The only way I would give this guy $38,000 for the car is if there was $10,000 cash in the trunk.
Old 6/16/05, 12:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by NosferatuVI@June 15, 2005, 9:29 AM
you guys are missing something here, the Ford Brass is encouraging the dealers to do the market adjustments because prodcution can not keep up with the overall demand for the cars. It is hoped that pricing up the cars will slow down the sales pace and allow the factory to get back on track in regards to the proposed production schedule and allotment.

the only thing that is hurting Ford is poor prior planning for the sales success that the mustang has generated. They under-forecasted the total number of units required per period, thus do not have enough raw materials to manufacture all the cars according to the current market demand for the 05 and now 06 mustang.
Just like the fed raising the prime rate in hopes to slow down consumer lending, same thing, the dealers are raising the prices in hopes of slowing down the dramatic sales rate on the mustang.
just about the dumbest theory I've ever heard.China is buying all the cement also....jeez.

V6's in the Sacramento paper for $16,995