2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Up to what point can you change an order?

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/06, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up to what point can you change an order?

This is my first post and I appologize for it being a lame one with no pics. Anyway, I had ordered an '07 Vista Blue with the Black/Dove interior. Now, that we can see that the Dove is a white, I really want to change the order. I hate it. So, could someone enlighten me as to what point I can change the order. I have found that my "locked in" build date is July 24 and estimated delivery of Aug 8. Since they have not build the car and there is still a week before, can I change my order? I'm desperate to change from the Dove to Black. Thanks in advance.
Old 7/16/06, 06:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have, no had, the exact same problem. I ordered my "07" on 6/20 thinking that the black/dove would include two-tone seating, which I liked, AND as explained to me by my sales man and others, however, that wasn't case. I even called Flat Rocks, where the car is being built, and they didn't know- PITIFUL! Thanks to this forum, Bill in particular, I discovered that dove- light Gray(looks white) included all dove seating. NO WAY did I want "dove" in an all black car. I panic and i-mme-di-ate-ly changed my order a week later- THANK YOU MSF! You knew before the experts at Ford.

To answer your question. It's simple, you can change your order at anytime prior to the issuance on the VIN(Vehicle Idendification Number). If you have a VIN, then enjoy the Drove.

By-the-way, I changed mine to Black- My first choice anyway. VIN issued last week, the stork should arrive next week I'm told.
Old 7/16/06, 09:24 AM

So when I have a "locked" in for build date, has a VIN been issued...or how can I find out if a VIN has been created?
Old 7/16/06, 10:02 AM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have a build week the car is serialized. If you want to make changes now you'll have to order another car at this point. Your dealer should give you your deposit back.
Old 7/16/06, 10:16 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by hightime2211
This is my first post and I appologize for it being a lame one with no pics. Anyway, I had ordered an '07 Vista Blue with the Black/Dove interior. Now, that we can see that the Dove is a white, I really want to change the order. I hate it. So, could someone enlighten me as to what point I can change the order. I have found that my "locked in" build date is July 24 and estimated delivery of Aug 8. Since they have not build the car and there is still a week before, can I change my order? I'm desperate to change from the Dove to Black. Thanks in advance.
If you're going by the Ford website configurator, I've see their Dove interior picture and it looks mighty strange. It looks nothing like the actually Dove pictures we've seen here for 07s on this site.

Did you order the Premier Trim Package? Is it a V6 or GT? From all the pictures I've seen the Dove is grey so it probably wouldn't be the end of the world if you couldn't change your order. It looks like if you ordered the PTP that you'll have black seats and black carpet and black door inserts with Dove on the rest of the doors and the lower dash and console.

Here is a picture of the Dove interior with the Premier Trim Package. I assume if you don't have the PTP you'll get the seats in Dove as well.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...2&d=1152243100
Old 7/16/06, 10:56 AM

Thanks for your help everyone...

I ordered an '07 Vista Blue GT, IUP (dark charcoal panel), PTP (Black/dove) and other options. I agree with the pictures that we've seen thus far with the gray as the dove color. I wouldn't mind that is it were true. However, it seems as though the pictures don't follow with the PTP description in the order guide and with Fords build it website showing a white, well, I'm scared to be frank. I will not drive away with stupid white colored seats.

PREMIER TRIM WITH COLOR ACCENT PACKAGE (68B)
��

Availability:

Chamois, Red, Black, Dove and Parchment sport bucket leather front and

rear seating surfaces with matching color front door trim inserts and floor
mats

Old 7/16/06, 11:15 AM
GT Member

I understand your concern! Have you seen this thread with pictures of CannonBaller's Vista Blue GT with Dove and PTP? Check this out:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...725#post698725

See also this post on this thread:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...432#post699432
Old 7/16/06, 02:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The car you ordered WILL have the all dove seating. This feature is part of the premier trim package. I've seen it... (68B) Wrapped & stitched IP brow and center console lid, upgrade door armrest, aluminum pedal covers...bla, bla, bla... With dark charcoal interior environment. Not light gray. Your car will be basically all black interior, i.e., carpet, plastic, panels, etc. Your seats be all drove, aka light(very light) gray. Call your dealer tomorrow and see if you have a vin. It's a 17 digit number, i.e., 1ZVFT26H073440057. If you don't, then change the color. If you do, then ask to order another one. I know that will suck, but don't accept something if it's not exactly what you want. You'll never be satisfied.
Old 7/16/06, 03:02 PM

When you say very light grey, I assume like the Ford configurator. ****! I guess I'll be starting over 'cause that color is just hideous.
Old 7/16/06, 05:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
The car you ordered WILL have the all dove seating.
Mr. Latte is correct, all PTP equipped cars with dove interior that have surfaced thus far have black seats. I have counted 4 so far, and all were verified by the owner or via the window sticker to have PTP. The seats and the door panel inserts are black while other parts of the interior are the trim color (see below photos). There has been a lot of confusion about this because the red and chamois interiors with PTP are a totally different color scheme! They are all black interiors with trim color seats and door panel inserts, basically the opposite scheme of the dove & parchment PTP. It's very odd!

Hightime, you are correct in that this is NOT what is described in the order guide. But it IS the way they are making them. You will get black seats with your order just like the below picture.

I have personally seen the dove in person and it doesn't look white to me. It looks exactly like the 05/ 06 light graphite which is a medium to light grey color.
Attached Thumbnails Up to what point can you change an order?-ptp-2.jpg   Up to what point can you change an order?-parchment-ptp-2.jpg  
Old 7/16/06, 05:46 PM
Cobra Member

Forgot to mention that one of the pics I posted above is the dove with PTP while the other is parchment with PTP. For comparison, here is the chamois with PTP. Note the flip-flopped color scheme, most odd. The red is also like this scheme.
Attached Thumbnails Up to what point can you change an order?-chamois3.jpg  
Old 7/16/06, 05:54 PM
Cobra Member

==When you say very light grey, I assume like the Ford configurator. ****! I guess I'll be starting over 'cause that color is just hideous.==

I can't seem to find this picture, can you post it? It is probably the base model dove interior. If a dove interior is selected without PTP, the seats ARE dove as is the rest of the interior.

EDIT- I found it! YUCK!!! They really screwed up on that. What they did was they took the chamois interior pic and photoshopped it. They used the same photo for parchment, but they didn't even photoshop it for that, it's identical to the chamois. The irony is the picture is very old and was a prototype interior, it's not correct for ANY of the schemes, not even chamois.
Old 7/16/06, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the info Tres. If my car has the interior with the black seats and such it should look great...I mean even better then having an all black interior with the Vista Blue ext. The reason I even ordered the Black/Dove was because when I saw the black and light graphite options of the '06, I though the light graphite really opened the car up. The black gave an impression of less space and didn't contrast well. Then with the '07, when I heard/saw the option of the two tone BD, I thought it would be perfect. If it looks like the images we've seen thus far, I'm in for a treat. If it even closely resembles the color Ford has put on their configurator page, well forget it it! I'll start over to avoid that nonsense.
PLease look like this...Attachment 4965
Attached Thumbnails Up to what point can you change an order?-ptp-2.jpg  
Old 7/17/06, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang

To answer your question. It's simple, you can change your order at anytime prior to the issuance on the VIN(Vehicle Idendification Number). If you have a VIN, then enjoy the Drove.

By-the-way, I changed mine to Black- My first choice anyway. VIN issued last week, the stork should arrive next week I'm told.
Not exactly correct. You can change the order inbetween the time you have been issued a VIN and have been scheduled. I did it twice while I waited for Job # 1 to get scheduled. I have a VIN 3-4 weeks prior to being scheduled. If you are locked in, fagetaboutit..