2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

unimpressed with the interior

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/04, 09:01 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jcopin@November 30, 2004, 8:14 AM
yea for 25k the stang is off the hizzle =p

your 20 for crying out loud im driving a 92 probe till i can get my next mustang and im 26 lol

just be happy its a new car lol ive never had a brand new car yet=p
Uh... he said he is not 20 anymore.
Old 11/30/04, 09:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
No offense, but I cant see anything about a sunfire that sets the barometer for anything, especially a mid-90's model. quality control on sunfire/cavalier is deplorable and has been rated dead last for years as the worst car in class, so I do not quite get the comparo. If the mustang gt was sold as is right now at say 27k pretty loaded with a 190hp 4-cyl fwd, I would start to complain about the interior a little bit. Go check out a celica gts at $26k, the interior stinks. Build quality and features makes the 19k V6 base an absolute steal. The import aproach is to add some neeto plastic pieces inside the car, while making the car out of thin tin and crappy components where you can not see them and laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 11/30/04, 09:22 AM
Cobra Member

One usually gets whatever they are willing to pay for period. Thats why there are different levels to choose from in anything out there. Having had four Lincolns, the last an 01 LS. For the cost of an 05 Mustang this car rocks. The wife and I like our GT ten times more than the LS and its 10K less with roughly the same options as an entry level V-8 LS. I wish this car was out then, I would have never leased the PoS LS we had. And we though we were willing to pay for something different at the time.
Old 11/30/04, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have a Redfire GT with IUP and ICAP and it is by far the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. Granted, that statement is relative, but it truly is a wonderful interior that I have received nothing but rave reviews on. I looked at the G35 Coupe, 350Z, Magnum, BMW 3-series, Audi A4, GTO, and others before I selected the Mustang. The interior I have is on par with all of the above with the exception of the BMW and Audi, which felt marginally better.

Look at more than one color interior and check out the different packages. IUP lite may be enough for you, or you may want the whole deal. Don't judge off of one look though.

Jason
Old 11/30/04, 09:41 AM
GT Member

The first thing people notice is my interior. I have the IUP with ICAP. They just love the interior so much that they almost forget to check the rest of the car. There is not one person that I've met that doesn't like it.

Jason, you might want to change your signature!
Old 11/30/04, 09:50 AM

My impressions of the '05 interior have generally been quite positive.

While not perfect (what is?), it is worlds better than the outgoing Stang (what isn't?) and certainly more than competitive in its market. While Honda and VW may still have a bit of an overall edge in interior refinement, details and materials, the '05's interior is now an overall positive contribution to the experience of the car, not an anachronistic embarrassment to try to overlook or excuse.

I too would suggest a browsing a few other color and trim combos before totally writing it off.
Old 11/30/04, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the interior with IUP and ICAP absolutely rock!
Old 11/30/04, 02:02 PM
Bullitt Member

To me, the base interior that I disliked the most was the grey. When I sat in that car, I really felt like I was sitting in a taurus, only gussied up to look like a mustang. The chrome trim rings were set off on the black dash, but the steering wheel looked cheap without the metal spokes and leather wrap. The door pannels looked absolutely TERRIBLE with the plastic inserts. What's more, the plastic was everywhere. It was endless. Everything looked terrible and plastic!

It would still have done as an economy buy car though. If I had no other choice, I would probably take that over a comperable honda civic. Still, the feel was very cheap. It just begs for that upgrade. I had thought before looking at it that I could settle for no IUP, but after sitting in the car, I decided right then and there that no matter what, I would be getting IUP If I managed to get the car (hadn't decided at the time).

I'm just glad I found one that has everything I want on it. I really feel that the IUP and the CAP add immense depth and flavor to an otherwise drab and full-of-plastic interior. That's my 2 cents.
Old 11/30/04, 02:08 PM
FR500 Member

im not crazy about base models without IUP........but the IUP is amazing and even better with ICAP.....soo make ur judgement from there
Old 11/30/04, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I've never EVER been in a Pontiac that had a good interior (minus the GTO). If you're honestly saying the 05 Mutsang's interior is WORSE than that, there is something wrong.
Old 11/30/04, 02:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by USA-Adam@November 30, 2004, 3:23 PM
I've never EVER been in a Pontiac that had a good interior (minus the GTO). If you're honestly saying the 05 Mutsang's interior is WORSE than that, there is something wrong.
Actually I like my interior.
Old 11/30/04, 02:24 PM
FR500 Member

the 2005 mustang interior and the word "worse" dont fit in the same sentence.......what i think this person needs to do either look at the timeline or get to a dealer with a car that has IUP
Old 11/30/04, 02:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I love the interior in my Cobras. Actually I think my 96 is a little sharper on the inside. Saddle leather! I mean pleather. hehe
Old 11/30/04, 09:57 PM

Hey guys thank you for the info I will just hold off buying UNTIL I can sit in a GT with all the upgrades! (it has to have the red interior!)

As for what I said before the reason I thought it would be diffrent is that most j-body interiors are complete crap like the f-bodies (and in my mind the corvette and caddy CTS) BUT the version of sunfire GT I was driving was a limited run that had a red interior FROM THE FACTORY as well as full nice leather on the wheel and shifter and parking brake and other parts so it was the nicest GM inside I ever saw!

I will state again that the ergonomics are GREAT in the Mustang GT and that I love the car in many other ways though I am concerned about the 5 speed auto (and no I am not going to get a stick)

to sum up THANK YOU all for your constructive input and you have answered my question and I will just wait until I can sit in a GT with CAP and IUP for myself.
Old 11/30/04, 10:26 PM
Bullitt Member

See the GT before you make your judgement, or else compare the V6 with vehicles in that price range.

Everyone always praises Toyota for quality. Well I've had two Camrys and a loaded GT will be absolutely elligant in comparison.

B)
Old 12/1/04, 10:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by USA-Adam@November 30, 2004, 3:23 PM
I loved my 00 firebird formula's interior...I thought it was very well executed and it is what sold me on the car.
As for the mustang, the first one I sat in was light grey non-iup...not the most attractive but the car was so comfortable and spacious inside I didn't care.
The only thing the mustang should have done was use padding for the upper part of the dash...I can't remember ever being in a car that didn't use some sort of even slightly padded material for the upper dash. But who cares....it's not like your always feeling up your dashboard!
Old 12/1/04, 10:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

i didn't mind the non iup interior, but maybe thats because it is still better then my curent car. Plus I can't wait for the iup delay to clear up since my car is on its last leg and I need a car soon.