2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

unimpressed with the interior

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/04, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hey I know people will read this and assume I have it in for the car or the often used phrase of its a mustang NOT a upscale car but I say if you want to charge over 25,000 dollars for a car you need a good interior.

Okay o be fair I only got to sit in a base v6 with nothing added. SO I am hoping and praying that as I am looking at the preimum level GT with interior upgrade that the inside of the car is not as crappy as the v6 was.

Honestly if I want a bad inside of a car I will just go back and buy another pontiac!

That is the reason I never bought a F-body as they were so SUPER ghetto on the inside I would be embaresed to have anyone inside the car....funny thing is I ended up with a j-body (1996 Pontiac Sunfire GT with the upgraded interor; red with leather steering wheel and radio controls)

That car cost 16,500 to make and was comparable to the 1996 mustang v6 and yet that car had a nicer inside that even the 2005 mustang v6! Even weirder is the backseat of the Sunfire GThad more rear passenger space than the 2005 Mustang v6 and a more usable if not bigger trunk space!?!

I know the 2005 mustang GT will have a ton of power but if I am not a kid in my 20's who just wants to go fast and not be equally pleased with the place I spemd so much time in on the daily comute.

Also to show I am not all negative as I am short at 5 foot 5 inches I can say all the driver orentanted features were perfect though I could have done without the stupid cup holders....

anyway could SOMBODY PLEASE tell me if Mustang GT PREIMUM with interior upgrade is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the base v6 interior?
Thank You
Old 11/29/04, 10:15 PM
Bullitt Member

You answered your own question by sitting in a base model without IUP. Try to find one at a dealership (hah) to sit in with it.
Old 11/29/04, 10:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Ten times better. I have it and love it. Good quality and contrast if you ask me.
Old 11/29/04, 10:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Elias.....I just bought a GT (loaded) today. I have owned alot of cars in my 32 years of driving, and I will say without a shadow of any doubt, that the Mustang is one of the greatest 'Bang for the Buck' cars going right now. And I am including the whole 9 yards (interior, exterior, and running gear). It made the final 4 of Motor Trend car of the year for a reason......and in differing from you, I love the interior, and the PRICE.....
Old 11/29/04, 10:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Just look at the timeline and compare the pictures. Non-IUP with IUP even with the CAP with the red leather.
Old 11/29/04, 10:34 PM
FR500 Member

I've seen some pics of bare bones non IUP black on charcoal interiors and I'd admit I wouldn't be overly impressed with them either.

Of the non-IUP models I think the ones with the lighter interiors might seem a little better because of the contrast between the light and dark.

The IUP makes a BIG difference in the "impression" you get with the interior. I know I walked away in awe after sitting in it.
Old 11/29/04, 11:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with you guys. I sit in a V6 deluxe with Dark Charcoal Cloth & IUP. I would have preferred the leather but I only wanted to see & sit in the car. I wasn't buying. But the interior was awsome. The contrast between the metal & the dar charcoal was amazing. It just popped.

The only thing I do wish is that the insides of the doors were like the 94-04 models ie....the placement of the handels, the locks, window switches, etc. I wish they were like the 94-04's. Or at least not like the 93's on back. I am seriously considering, when I get mine, seeing if I can't find someone to change mine out somehow.

Cheersmates
Old 11/30/04, 12:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Elias:

I don't doubt you hate it. Don't get one. But instead of ranting about the vagueness of why you don't like it, how 'bout a good diatribe about specifics, eh?

Materials? Look? Ergonomics? Seating position? What?

Myself, I sat in an IUP tan interior, and thought the IUP wasn't good with the tan. I also looked at a grey non-iup car, and thought that wasn't too bad, although the wheel material is teh suxorz.

But except for those nits, and the sills are too high for the windows for my tastes, I LOVE it inside and out. It FITS. It's NICE.

Sorry you dinna likey, more for me!
Old 11/30/04, 02:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

The IUP (interior upgrade package) with the aluminum accents, leather steering wheel and shifter makes a NIGHT AND DAY difference to the car's interior. And if you elect to go with the red interior, it's yet another step up again.

IUP with CAP (color accent package) rules! I wouldn't even consider the car without those upgrades (although it means buying one of the two red cars, silver, white or black)

But Redfire owns all, anyway...
Old 11/30/04, 02:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's funny, cause everyone I know the first thing they comment on is the interior. I haven't met anyone yet that isn't impressed with the interior of my windveil blue with dark charcoal and IUP.
Old 11/30/04, 03:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

The 05's interior is a big step up from the previous model. The 99-04 just didn't have that sports car interior. It looked like some thing that belonged in a Taurus. The interior is my favorite part of this car!
Old 11/30/04, 05:42 AM
Cobra Member

geez

some people are demanding and spoiled

when i was 20 i was just happy not to be on the bus in my 96 v6 mustang lol

when you drink does that pinky finger just fly up?=p
Old 11/30/04, 05:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I sat in a silver V6 premium no IUP, and I have to say that I agree with Elias. That thing is really cheap. It looks fair, but really is lacking in may departments. Now, I also sat in a V6 with charcoal interior (no IUP), and that was much better. However, the IUP is the best addition to the car. If you add nothing else, add that for sure. It really sets the car off and adds all of the little accents that are needed to make it look and feel trimmed and posh.

Before sitting the silver with grey, I sat in a white one (that I'm buying) which had the full 9's in upgrades. It had the IUP and CAP. Definately No comparison. It's worth getting one of the select colors just to get the red leather AND the IUP.

Elias... Sit in one with IUP and sit in one with IUP AND CAP. You'll notice a night and day difference between all 3. Hands down, it's the coolest interior I've ever seen (well... save for the nostalgic nuances of my 66, but classic is classic.... apples to oranges).
Old 11/30/04, 06:00 AM
Cobra Member

I did not like the base interior, thats why I just paid the extra for the interior upgrage package, red leather seats and trim, etc. The material are ok, but when they are mono-tone - they stink You will want the upgrades.
Old 11/30/04, 06:41 AM
mav
GT Member

Old 11/30/04, 06:46 AM
Cobra Member

I agree mav.
Old 11/30/04, 07:11 AM
Cobra Member

yea for 25k the stang is off the hizzle =p

your 20 for crying out loud im driving a 92 probe till i can get my next mustang and im 26 lol

just be happy its a new car lol ive never had a brand new car yet=p
Old 11/30/04, 07:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

my interior is probably one of the most comfortable interiors i have ever sat in. However i do have the GT premium (leather) with IUP. But please, as houtex states, specify what you did not like.
Old 11/30/04, 08:43 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well its a step up over the '94-'04 interior. Yep that's right '94-'04, even when they redesigned the exterior in '99, they left the same interior in it. I drove my mother-in-laws V6 Parchment interior, no IUP and I thought it was pretty nice, no real complaints about the interior.
Old 11/30/04, 08:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

I sat in a base V6 with the charcoal (non-IUP) interior a few days before my GT arrived, and was very concerned by how cheap and unappealing it looked. My '05 GT has the medium parchment (tan) interior with leather and the IUP, and it looks fantastic. I get compliments regularly as to how nice and classy my interior looks.

So, find an '05 with the IUP and leather to make a judgement. It is a big step up from the non-IUP interior.

Quick Reply: unimpressed with the interior