2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Unexpected body work... :(

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/09, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Progress.... Ford windshield still hasn't come in. Louvers need to go on too.
Attached Thumbnails Unexpected body work... :(-696835187_p_17.jpg   Unexpected body work... :(-696835187_p_18.jpg   Unexpected body work... :(-696835187_p_19.jpg   Unexpected body work... :(-696835187_p_20.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mas35NYR; 10/22/09 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10/22/09, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good. I like the new wheels and the GT500 front end.
Old 10/25/09, 02:37 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW these look real close to the latest Mach 1 wheels at a fraction of the cost... The site shows them in stock..... to bad they dont have the middle painted black like the originals.

Old 10/25/09, 04:35 PM
Cobra Member

Wow did they replace EVERY body panel? At least your paint is going to be waaaay better than stock
Old 10/30/09, 10:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Gonna be like having a brand new ride!!
Old 10/30/09, 03:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well as it stands:

-The CDC ducktail the shop put on is crooked and has to be fixed. They only replaced the damaged piece but it's different from the other 2 older pieces slightly, so they now have to paint the other 2 new pieces and mount them.
-Both SLP's have to be replaced. Both are dented and crooked.

-Now get this. I went to pick up the car on Tuesday since they said it was ready. WRONG!
Besides the above which they have to order new SLP's and work the ducktail, I'm getting a new rear end. When my gf and I got there the claim adjuster was there and tried to tell me the gear dif has a leak and it was just the seal, not something caused by the accident. Now like most TMS members on here we know the ins and outs of our babies. Every scratch, ding, rock chip, dent, etc... I call BS but have already decided in my head to take the car to a Ford shop after I get her back to verify all the work plus give Angie a once over to make sure all is well. So they said they'll order the SLP's and fix the ducktail but I can take the car now. So I get in pull off and immediately hear a rotational squeaking noise as I'm driving. Pull a U turn and tell the adjuster to get in, take him for a ride and he confirms the noise. Fine, pull into the shop, they put her on the lift and can see that the rear axle is covered in oil. They shop owner and adjuster call me over and immediately tell me they're changing the whole rear, they're not even going to argue cause they saw from the look on my face I was about to start in on them. I told the adjuster to just total her and he says after all the work that was done already, he can't. So more than likely I'll be selling as soon as this is all done.

On a better note, my liability adjuster called today saying the other guys was found 100% at fault. His liability adjuster wanted me held liable for 5% WTF? So they had to go to their supervisor who put 100% liability on the other guy! So I get back my deductable. Now how can I recoupe for the loss of the vehicle's value? This accident kills the resale value for sure regardless what I put on or do to her.

Last edited by Mas35NYR; 10/30/09 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10/30/09, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

I used to work in the Subrogation debartment for auto claims at State Farm. You do have the right to argue for diminished value of the vehicle. Especially considering they didn't total it.

Any evidence on your end to help your claim on that actual value would be helpful. Get a couple different dealers to give you an estimated price of sale for your car vs a like car with a clean history. Hard numbers, and present it to the claim reps and adjusters.

Some companies are pretty decent about this, some aren't. You have court and arbitration if you feel like going that far. That's up to you however, and depends ultimately on how strong of a case you have.

If you strongly feel that the car is not going to be "right" and want to sell, I would definitely argue a little stronger than you might if you were going to keep it.

Call the insurance carrier and ask to speak directly to a claim rep. Your everyday processor that you speak to 99% of the time isn't going to have anything to say on that subject other than "no," or "I don't have the authority."

I hope that helps.
Old 10/31/09, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very unfortunate. I stated way back I thought it was a write off and I don't know why they didn't because from the pictures it looked like every part of the car was damaged. If replacing a rear end was the breaking point for writing it off they should have been more thorough with the estimate in the beginning. What I mean is, if it was getting close to a write off value, make sure the estimate is bang on.

Like I said, very unfortunate and I feel bad for you. I hope it all works out.
Old 11/27/09, 11:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys,

Well there are still a few minor things that need addressing but for the most part I have my Mustang back. It's currently at Ford getting a fog lamp fixed due to water in it and the headlights adjusted. Knowing myself I'll never be 100% happy since this is no longer the Mustang I purchased back in 05 but I can live with it for now. Come summer the wifey and I will be looking to upgrade, she's been checking out Corvettes.

Thanks everyone for the support, it's definitely appreciated! TMS ROCKS!
Attached Thumbnails Unexpected body work... :(-2009-11-27-08.23.25.jpg   Unexpected body work... :(-2009-11-27-08.23.38.jpg  
Old 12/1/09, 11:43 PM
GT Member

Ahhhh, crap. Sorry to see the damage- but I'm glad you are getting it repaired!
-Jim