Unexpected body work... :(

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/09, 06:07 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 10/6/09, 12:52 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch - it hurts just to look at those pics. As others have said - glad you're OK.
Old 10/6/09, 03:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

i drive back and forth on that damned highway every single day and lemme tell you, every time i take my mustang on it i PRAY that people can hear/see me before they shoot into a lane with me in it. hopefully the car comes out looking good as new. o and glad ur ok ahahah
Old 10/6/09, 04:20 PM

The main thing is that your okay.You can allways build a new car,but you can't replace body parts.I hope it all works out for you.
Old 10/8/09, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blown red hot gt
The main thing is that your okay.You can allways build a new car,but you can't replace body parts.I hope it all works out for you.
+1.

You are not replaceable. The car is.
Old 10/8/09, 03:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thank you one and all again! Life happens as we all know, you just have to roll with it.

Ok so the latest is I got the PO report, which shows what I said, he hit me. Witness comfirms and he gave the same story, so looks great for me. Moving on...

Now for the good and the bad...
The good: Going with the GT500 front end conversion Very excited about that! According to the shop manager, the adjuster did right by me by taking care of my aftermarket stuff: CDC ducktail, louvers, giving me credit for (the now nonexistent) chin spoiler and giving me $206 per wheel.

The bad: My Hot Wheels Sixty Eights are discontinued! I loved these rims!
So now I need wheels and soon, Angie goes to paint sometime next week. I looked at a bunch of sites for the Hot Wheels with no luck. Some had them posted but ran out and can no longer get them. So I'm forced to look at other styles. I like the chrome bullitts but in a deep dish style. Like these at American Muscle.

but I'm not completely sold just yet. Anyone have any suggestions on a nice 5 spoke wheel? One other thing for those who have purchased from American Muscle: Any complaints?

Last edited by Mas35NYR; 10/8/09 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10/9/09, 12:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mas35NYR
Thank you one and all again! Life happens as we all know, you just have to roll with it.

Ok so the latest is I got the PO report, which shows what I said, he hit me. Witness comfirms and he gave the same story, so looks great for me. Moving on...

Now for the good and the bad...
The good: Going with the GT500 front end conversion Very excited about that! According to the shop manager, the adjuster did right by me by taking care of my aftermarket stuff: CDC ducktail, louvers, giving me credit for (the now nonexistent) chin spoiler and giving me $206 per wheel.

The bad: My Hot Wheels Sixty Eights are discontinued! I loved these rims!
So now I need wheels and soon, Angie goes to paint sometime next week. I looked at a bunch of sites for the Hot Wheels with no luck. Some had them posted but ran out and can no longer get them. So I'm forced to look at other styles. I like the chrome bullitts but in a deep dish style. Like these at American Muscle.

but I'm not completely sold just yet. Anyone have any suggestions on a nice 5 spoke wheel? One other thing for those who have purchased from American Muscle: Any complaints?

Yep like I thought, and yes I loved those rims. I run the black old style AM wheels and love them, but for some reason the chrome just don't do it for me.

What about the Magnum 500 style?
Old 10/9/09, 02:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, I'm glad you're ok. Is there any damage that is not on the outside. Was the suspension, driveline, axles, etc., checked. Other than some new body panels it really doesn't look that bad.
Old 10/9/09, 03:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry to hear Mas but glad you're OK! You put a lot into that car and I have no doubt the rebuild will be all that and more.
Old 10/10/09, 01:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by blackhat
Sorry to hear Mas but glad you're OK! You put a lot into that car and I have no doubt the rebuild will be all that and more.
Hey Mike, I'm good bro! I hope you're being safe out there!

So I ordered a set of chrome 18's staggered from American Muscle (Paul was very helpfulobviously will have to wait to see how the fit and finish is):
18x9 w/Nitto Extremes 255's and 18x10's also w/Nitto Extremes 285's

The estimate isn't going to cover the whole amount so I'm gonna have to fight to recover my losses from the guys insurance once fault is officially determined. Keeping my fingers crossed for a quick and easy resolution to this whole matter. Thanks for your support! lol
Old 10/11/09, 06:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Is this what you were looking for?: http://www.sportcompactonly.com/Whee...48_pl-3872.htm

Old 10/11/09, 09:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Silverback
Is this what you were looking for?: http://www.sportcompactonly.com/Whee...48_pl-3872.htm

Yeah those are them. I tried for 3 days to get on that site but it wouldn't open. So I figured it was a dead site. I tried a few others that had em' listed but they were out of stock. So I gave up since it's a discontinued model.
Thanks anyway!

Last edited by Mas35NYR; 10/11/09 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Tried calling the customer service number just to see if they might have the rims but the number is no longer in service.
Old 10/11/09, 10:21 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
ouch man
Old 10/13/09, 11:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well some good news at least.. Hey try the Crager site it has something very very close to these on there crager edition Mustang..

http://www.cragar.com/ProductView.as...2&bq=%3fc%3d15

Last edited by jacostang; 10/13/09 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10/14/09, 07:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jacostang
Well some good news at least.. Hey try the Crager site it has something very very close to these on there crager edition Mustang..

http://www.cragar.com/ProductView.as...2&bq=%3fc%3d15
Thanks anyway but already purchased some deep dish bullitts. The shop sent me 4 pics of Angie getting an alignment with her new shoes!

I love the way it has a 67 fastback feel to it in the full side shot!
Slowly but surely...
Attached Thumbnails Unexpected body work... :(-1.jpg   Unexpected body work... :(-2.jpg   Unexpected body work... :(-3.jpg   Unexpected body work... :(-4.jpg  
Old 10/14/09, 07:41 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks anyway but already purchased some deep dish bullitts. The shop sent me 4 pics of Angie getting an alignment with her new shoes!

I love the way it has a 67 fastback feel to it in the full side shot!
Slowly but surely...

Must feel better seeing it not all smashed.

I'd like to compare damage & prices when you have the writeup

I picked up factory 18" bullitt style to put on mine for the time being so it can roll, drop those off tomorrow and they'll start tearing the car down to see how mine is.
Old 10/15/09, 02:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509
Must feel better seeing it not all smashed.

I'd like to compare damage & prices when you have the writeup

I picked up factory 18" bullitt style to put on mine for the time being so it can roll, drop those off tomorrow and they'll start tearing the car down to see how mine is.
Yeah definitely feeling a lot better but in the back of my mind I know it'll never be the same.
Still I can't wait to get her back! Got another pic today!
Attached Thumbnails Unexpected body work... :(-5.jpg  
Old 10/15/09, 03:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

GT500 conversion emblem ideas?

Well the shop sent me the pic of the front end being on as they're still working on it and I was thinking of what emblem to put on the front end. I see most people either go with the tribar pony emblem or nothing at all. I was thinking I'd like to go with an actual 2010 Mustang emblem to somewhat resemble how the concept Mustang has a running pony in the middle of the grille.
Attached Thumbnails Unexpected body work... :(-2005-mustang-gt-coupe-concept-2.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mas35NYR; 10/15/09 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10/16/09, 11:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Your gonna be very happy when its done, looks great with the 500 front on.. I think your gonna have to put one on and look at it to see which one looks best on the grill, I made a fake paper badge when I changed the grill...
Old 10/18/09, 04:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah definitely feeling a lot better but in the back of my mind I know it'll never be the same.
Still I can't wait to get her back! Got another pic today!

Very Nice!!!

Quick Reply: Unexpected body work... :(