2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunsgten Picture Accurate?

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/05, 06:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just glancing through the new Oct issue when I came across a picture of what I believe is a tungsten mustang showcasing the Saleen supercharger (Page 162). I know alot of folks subsribe to this publication so I thought I would ask. I don't have a scanner to show the magazine pic.

All of this talk of tungsten is wearing on me now. I am unable to actually see the color in person as I'm stuck in Korea at the moment. I will have to commit to the purchase of my car in the next week and will be unable to change my order from tungsten. Some of the pictures posted in this forum look good, others not really. All of the folks saying the color is bland or purple is having me second guessing as well. I realize the car does not look like the car show pics that's to be expected.

For current tungsten owners, is the color blah, bland, just flat grey purple? I would think with all of the metallic flake it would be very shiny and reflect all of the light that hits it.

All of the pictures are different as are all of the opinions. The picture in the magazine is taken with a professional camera and photagrapher. Does it look like real life or no?

See what I mean about different pictures and different looks from different forum members?

I'm really confused and worried I'm about to make an expensive mistake.
Old 8/27/05, 06:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Ford Dealer near me just got a v6 Pony Package in,Tungsten,I had some reserve about the color reading through some of these post.

But I gotta tell........man!This Color roooocks!
Depending on the sunlight and where your standing theres a very slight hue.

You not going to be disapointed
Old 8/27/05, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is an up close pic.