2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Tungsten out... deciding between Vista and Silver

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/05, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mk2001c@October 9, 2005, 4:09 PM
I have an '06 on order. I originally choose Tungsten, but after seeing it in person for the first time on Saturday, I told my dealer I want to change colors. Too much lavender in the Tungsten for my tastes. I need to tell her which color I want on Monday. Any pics of silver or vista blue with aftermarket wheels would be appreciated.
VISSSSSSTAAAAA!!!!!
Old 10/11/05, 07:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok well I'm not personally too much on blue, although Windviel is beautiful. However Silver is just too light for me. And as for Tungsten I agree. I've seen it in person & didn't care for it too much.

I love my Mineral Grey & was actually thinking of ordering a 06 & trading in my 05. However after seeing the TG in person I changed my mine. It just wasn't enough to make me want to give up my MG.

Now having said all that I would vote Vista Blue given your 2 choices. I had a 03 True Blue & while it wasn't bad it just wasn't a color that I would have ordered if given the choice. But as I said Silver just seems too light to me. But in the end it's your choice & you will have to live with it in the end. But my vote goes to Vista Blue (given that Windveil wasn't one of your choices).

Let us kow what you decided. Good luck
Kera
Old 10/15/05, 05:49 AM
GT Member

Vista all the way baby! Not that I'm biased in any way....
Seriously though.. When we first started looking, Sonic blue was the ONLY color I would take. My husband understood, but my dad still probably thinks I'm insane for not wanting any other color. I was nervous though when we couldn't find a sonic blue with everything on it we wanted this past summer and knowing that they were getting rid of sonic blue and replacing it with Vista. Then I saw the pics on this site of Vista and immediately fell in love with Vista. So we ordered it and I LOVE it! The color is a very bold color in my opinion. I agree though that all of the colors are awesome. If I hadn't had my heart set on a particular color, I would have had a hard time choosing. Our next stang will be a torch red one though... my husband has always wanted a cincinnati reds colored mustang! Be sure and let us know though what color you end up with! -Marci
Old 10/15/05, 06:07 AM

I finally seen a tungsten on a lot on Thursday night and I have to say it just didn't do anything for me. I was quite disappointed. It was a little bit rainy outside so I went back Friday night when the sun was shining and yes it did look a lot better but I want a car that is going to look good all the time not just when it is nice outside so ....................... I changed to Redire. I know it is a personal preference and nothing against anyone who ordered Tungsten.
Old 10/15/05, 05:29 PM

It's way past Monday now, but I say Silver Silver Silver.

Old 10/15/05, 09:13 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by azoufan@October 9, 2005, 9:28 PM
I seem to be in the minority here, if Tungsten was available in 05, that's what I would have purchased. I've seen the Tungsten in person, and it is just beautiful.

Sean
I'm with ya.tungsten gets more beautiful everyday!1