2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

which tunes should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/07 | 08:48 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by S197 V6
Tillman- I went on your site but I dont see any CAI + Tuner combos for the v6. I know Ive seen it discussed before about people getting their CAI/Tune for their v6 from you but I dont see an option on the website. Also even under the GT ones I am only seeing the the performance and race tunes, not the torque ones. Id like to order a C&L or JLT intake with the Xcal within the next few months and would like it with 93 race, 93 torque, and 93 performance. I had originally panned to order from Bama but lately I am hearing of alot of people having problems with him and you guys (Tillman) are only about 45 mins away from me so I may just drive up to your shop and pick everything up. Thanks!
Sorry about that! With the new facilities, it's been impossible to get time to keep throwing inventory up on the site. We absolutely have V6 intakes and tunes. We actually don't offer a torque tune, because they're bogus. No offense to anyone out there who offers one. All it really is changes to the drive by wire to reflect the feeling of low end power. All of our tunes above performance level will have the same changes, but still give you the top end power neccessary to compete on the track. We now have separated our tunes to the following:

87 Performance

89 Performance

91 Performance
91 Street Race

92 Performance
92 Street Race

93 Performance
93 Street Race
93 Track

94 Performance
93 Street Race
93 Track

100 UNLEADED Track

ALL OTHER RACE FUELS CONTACT US FOR DETAILS.

Our Street Race tunes are still streetable, and a lot of our customers daily drive on them. I reccomend the Performance tunes for daily driving. The Street Race tunes won't neccessarily have an adverse affect, but it's hard not to constantly be all over the throttle and putting a hinder on your MPG!

For the V6, the best bet would be to stop by and get a few custom tunes. We're the cheapest in the area, and we've been striving hard to be the best in the area. We could work up a package for you, with the intake, sct xcalibrator2, and 3 custom tunes including HP, TQ, and AFR printouts before and after. The new shop is like 100 yards off of I-95 between Philly and the state line for Delaware. Let me know!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 10/22/07 | 10:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Sorry about that! With the new facilities, it's been impossible to get time to keep throwing inventory up on the site. We absolutely have V6 intakes and tunes. We actually don't offer a torque tune, because they're bogus. No offense to anyone out there who offers one. All it really is changes to the drive by wire to reflect the feeling of low end power. All of our tunes above performance level will have the same changes, but still give you the top end power neccessary to compete on the track. We now have separated our tunes to the following:

87 Performance

89 Performance

91 Performance
91 Street Race

92 Performance
92 Street Race

93 Performance
93 Street Race
93 Track

94 Performance
93 Street Race
93 Track

100 UNLEADED Track

ALL OTHER RACE FUELS CONTACT US FOR DETAILS.

Our Street Race tunes are still streetable, and a lot of our customers daily drive on them. I reccomend the Performance tunes for daily driving. The Street Race tunes won't neccessarily have an adverse affect, but it's hard not to constantly be all over the throttle and putting a hinder on your MPG!

For the V6, the best bet would be to stop by and get a few custom tunes. We're the cheapest in the area, and we've been striving hard to be the best in the area. We could work up a package for you, with the intake, sct xcalibrator2, and 3 custom tunes including HP, TQ, and AFR printouts before and after. The new shop is like 100 yards off of I-95 between Philly and the state line for Delaware. Let me know!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Thanks for the response! I must say your customer service seems to be outstanding. This will probably be a spring mod since I try to drive the musatang as little as possible during the winter. Although I may bring the car up to you guys within the next few weeks if I get a chance. I dont know much about tunes, so I have a few questions on custom tunes. I assume that getting custom tunes for your car would be the best way to go and maximize performance gains, correct? Is there any downside to getting custom tunes versus using your performance/street/race tunes? Finally about how much would it cost me to get a C&L intake, the Xcal, 3 custom tunes and have everything installed? You can PM me the price if you dont want to post it.
Old 10/23/07 | 08:43 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks! Let us know about the custom tuning, and I will send over a PM at some point tomorrow. Normally it's just under 800 dollars for everything you mentioned (C&L Racer, XCal2) installed, and that includes dyno time and 3 custom tunes with before and after HP, TQ and Air Fuel Ratio color printouts. If you'd like, give me a call or PM me over your number and I'll give you a call and let you get a better breakdown of what our different tune ratings are. We're busy tomorrow, but if you can call me before noon EST I should be able to help you. Normally I'm in the office all day, but tomorrow we have some last minute stuff that needs to be taken care of before SEMA next week.

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 10/24/07 | 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

[quote=TillmanSpeed;1030343]Thanks! Let us know about the custom tuning, and I will send over a PM at some point tomorrow. Normally it's just under 800 dollars for everything you mentioned (C&L Racer, XCal2) installed, and that includes dyno time and 3 custom tunes with before and after HP, TQ and Air Fuel Ratio color printouts. If you'd like, give me a call or PM me over your number and I'll give you a call and let you get a better breakdown of what our different tune ratings are. We're busy tomorrow, but if you can call me before noon EST I should be able to help you. Normally I'm in the office all day, but tomorrow we have some last minute stuff that needs to be taken care of before SEMA next week.

CR
Tillman Speed

Thanks for all the information! I will most likely not have the time to get this done now, and with winter right around the corner it really just wont be worth it. I will be doing this in the spring though, and I will definitly be giving you a call. It looks like the custom tunes are the best option, and is what I will be doing come springtime. Thanks again! I look forward to doing business with you in a few months!