2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Trufiber Hoods and Anyone use the Trufiber Carbon fiber Chin Spoiler? ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/10, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Trufiber Hoods and Anyone use the Trufiber Carbon fiber Chin Spoiler? ? ? ?

I'm looking at maybe going with one of these hoods on a GT500 ft. end. What one looks best?

VENOM HOOD (RECESSED)
http://www.trufiber.com/PhotoDetails...TF10024-A53K-L

VENOM II HOOD (RECESSED)
http://www.trufiber.com/PhotoDetails...TF10024-A54K-L

Anyone use the Trufiber Carbon fiber Chin Spoiler? for the GT500 set up?

If you have one or seen one what do you think? Anyone have good photos?
Old 5/10/10, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Talk to Mellowyellow about the chin spoiler from Trufiber. I'm pretty sure he's running it.

I posted to your other thread at mustangforums explaining the difference between the two hoods so I wont reiterate here.

Good luck on whatever you do. Like I said before, the final 'look' should be your tastes. Both look good, but make sure its what you want. Post completed pics.

Andretti
Old 5/10/10, 04:24 PM

Arrow

Hi Andretti1

Are you running a Chin spoiler or not with your set up? I'm thinking of maybe going without if it
looks ok?

How about the twist locks? what do you think of them? Is it worth going with that set up?

Let me know what you think would look best?
Attached Thumbnails Trufiber Hoods and Anyone use the Trufiber Carbon fiber Chin Spoiler? ? ? ?-mustang_world_sunset_ford_08_391_jpg.jpg   Trufiber Hoods and Anyone use the Trufiber Carbon fiber Chin Spoiler? ? ? ?-mustang_world_sunset_ford_08_392_jpg.jpg   Trufiber Hoods and Anyone use the Trufiber Carbon fiber Chin Spoiler? ? ? ?-mustang_world_sunset_ford_08_393_jpg.jpg  
Old 5/10/10, 04:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I do have the chin spoiler, but not the CF one. I just bought a standard one when ordering the rest of the parts. I actually have a few shots of mine without it though:

These are pretty old pics now since I've lowered the car, put the chin spoiler on, and changed the wheels to name a few. I prefer it 'with' the spoiler, but again, its preference. To me, it looks incomplete without. I took this maybe two weeks ago:

As far as the twist pins look, if you go with either of those hoods, your going to have to use them. The recesses were designed to use them and I dont know of any other pin that would work. As far as safety, I wouldnt have this hood without the pins. You will have to come up with a way to attach the pins to lock them in (if you dont buy the pieces from Trufiber). My hood was a little shorter, so even if they sold those fasteners when I got mine, they likely wouldnt have worked. We did start a thread around here lately where a guy on another forum came up with a phenominal way to attach the pins by doing some small welding. His pictures are long gone evidently so since I had it stickied and planned on doing it at a later point, I remembered how he did it and did some paper cut outs so I could pass on his extremely good idea. If you cant find it somewhere in this section, pm me and I'll send you a link...or just go through some of my more recent posts. It will come up and give you an idea how to attach the pins to lock them into position.

Andretti

Last edited by Andretti1; 5/10/10 at 05:03 PM.
Old 5/10/10, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Also, did you just purchase this car? It looks EXTREMELY like one of the cars from a poster on this site. I'm wondering if he sold his car, cause yours looks so close its hard to believe its not his car (not a bad thing, but seems a pretty big coincidence if not)....still, an extremely nice looking car. His forum name is socal.2fast

Andretti

Last edited by Andretti1; 5/10/10 at 04:54 PM.
Old 5/10/10, 08:42 PM

Arrow

Hi Andretti1

It is me socal.2fast I lost my password and the reset was not working for me so I came up with a new user name.

On the twist pin locks how are they holding up for you? Are they Stainless with a clear coat? Do
they mark up the paint at all when using them? I do like the look of them.
Old 5/11/10, 06:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by socal.grabber
Hi Andretti1

It is me socal.2fast I lost my password and the reset was not working for me so I came up with a new user name.

On the twist pin locks how are they holding up for you? Are they Stainless with a clear coat? Do
they mark up the paint at all when using them? I do like the look of them.

Ahh, ok. Definately had me curious since its such a sharp car I kept thinking how unlikely it would be to have someone else do the exact same build. I know I've looked at more than a few pics in the past of it.

As far as the locks go, I dont have them. The ones TruFiber is selling werent available when I put my hood on. I ended up just screwing the wire deal into the radiator bracket and doing it that way. It works, but it doesnt look all that good and I have every intention of changing it to a much better/safer way. The pins (the part that you actually screw to lock and are attached to the hood) are in perfect shape. Nothing worn or looks like its rusting or anything. They look every bit as good as the day I got them in the mail.

The thread to 'make' some locking mechanism for the pins to lock into is here: https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=482433 Like I said in that thread, those are what I intend to make for mine in the not too distant future. Let me know if any of this helps or if you have more questions.

Andretti