2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

TRANSFORMERS: Saleen/Barricade Clip

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/07, 04:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Saw the 10:45 showing on Tuesday night.....F-ING AWESOME!!! Michael Bay, you are a hero!!! I AM a child of the '80's too. Had EVERY freaking transformer (can even remember getting the whole Constructicon set at a local A&P, lol). Even had the Decepticon that had the pieces of track on his back, and had a motorized vehicle move around it (forget his name).

There really was NOTHING I could complain about with this movie. So Optimus had flames, BIG DEAL!!! That semi looks sweet! The main thing for me, was the opening monolog, when Optimus spoke, IT WAS THE SAME VOICE FROM THE CARTOON!!! Michael Bay found the guy who did the voice of Prime back in the '80's and got him to do Prime in the movie. That alone made me happy. I can't wait for a sequal, where maybe they can introduce Ultra Magnus, and even Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime! I NEVER like seeing movies twice in the theaters, BUT this is an exception. IT WAS INSANE GOOD!!!

I could not agree more. I am a bit older than some of you and do not mind admitting i watched Transformers as a young adult. Hell i am hooked on Justice League currently on BOOM (Drives my wife freakin crazy). And it gave me chills in the opening dialog when i heard that voice. I was absolutely thrilled. I also never go see movies twice in theaters and actually only go to see certain movie's in the theaters and i am going to see it again without a doubt.

Richard
Old 7/5/07, 04:51 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My favorite part was Optimus voice, on the flip side was bummed that Starscream's voice was way off, I know the guy is dead but they couldve synthesized something.

BTW not hard to find the same guy that did Optimus, they are all members of the Academy.

And my pics of Barricade have finally been posted:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...140#post956140
Old 7/5/07, 06:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=Iceknyght;956079]
Even had the Decepticon that had the pieces of track on his back, and had a motorized vehicle move around it (forget his name). [\quote]

Omega Supreme!

THATS IT, THANKS!!!! That thing was a BIG transformer back then, compared to the rest!!
Old 7/5/07, 06:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
I could not agree more. I am a bit older than some of you and do not mind admitting i watched Transformers as a young adult. Hell i am hooked on Justice League currently on BOOM (Drives my wife freakin crazy). And it gave me chills in the opening dialog when i heard that voice. I was absolutely thrilled. I also never go see movies twice in theaters and actually only go to see certain movie's in the theaters and i am going to see it again without a doubt.

Richard
Richard, I had the same feeling. I actually sent a text to my friend who was 3 seats over and told him about the voice (he's 5 year younger than my 30), so he didn't really remember it. Plus, I am proud to admit, I bought the 20th anniversary animated cartoon movie from back in the day on DVD, and watched it recently to get myself geared up. Just hearing the REAL Optimus was fantastic!!! I'll probably go again maybe Sunday night when it calms down a bit.
Old 7/5/07, 06:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
OK...my wife and I just saw it......I think I need a cigarette and I don't smoke!

This is one kick a** movie. My wife even loved it and she never saw a Transformer cartoon back in the 80's. It was absolutley rock'n that Peter Cullen reprised the voice of Optimus. I just read an article a few days ago somewhere where he said he actually went to them for the part. I tried looking for the article but can't find it, good read though. I was pretty much sport'n wood when Barricade came out. That scene where he jumps up and tranforms back into the Stang to chase Bumble Bee put a smile on my face I couldn't wipe off for a good 5 minutes.

This is the best sci-fi action flick I have seen in a while, the special effects are just , I'll be seeing this again in the theaters!
Old 7/5/07, 06:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I Just Saaw The Movie

I Loved It

I Can't Believe They Killed Barricade, He Was Awesome
Who killed him anyway?

"Are you Ladiesman217?!"
Old 7/5/07, 07:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
I Loved It

Who killed him anyway?
You sure he got killed? I asked my wife after we left what happened to him because the last I saw was him on the highway with the rest of the Decepticons and that was it...unless I missed something.
Old 7/5/07, 07:45 PM
Cobra Member

That's what I thought too... After the movie was over, I was like, where'd Barricade go? He was with the rest of them heading into town, then he kinda dissapeared...
Old 7/5/07, 07:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do not think he got whacked.

Richard
Old 7/5/07, 08:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I hope not, if they do indeed make a sequal or two I would hope he is in them.
Old 7/6/07, 02:12 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
I Just Saaw The Movie

I Loved It

Who killed him anyway?

"Are you Ladiesman217?!"
if you just saw the movie, obviously you weren't paying attention. they never show Barricade get whacked. in the original script, it was Prime that takes care of him during the freeway scene. then in a re-write it was a combo deal with the humans attacking and a Autobot attacking in the city.
Old 7/6/07, 04:10 AM

I saw Transformers on Monday night and was very impressed. I didn't go in expecting much, but it turned out to be very entertaining. I had never seen the cartoons before, so the story line was new to me, but it worked. There were good looking cars, moments of humor, and plenty of special effects. Definitely a great summer movie!

I think I will be heading down to the Irvine Spectrum sometime soon to catch a look at Barricade.
Old 7/6/07, 08:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by spooky
if you just saw the movie, obviously you weren't paying attention. they never show Barricade get whacked. in the original script, it was Prime that takes care of him during the freeway scene. then in a re-write it was a combo deal with the humans attacking and a Autobot attacking in the city.

I just saw many decepticons get killed, and I never saw Barricade fighting, but my friend said he was the first to get killed
Old 7/6/07, 08:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

SPOILER!

Barricade didn't die, he got beat by Bumblebee in their first fight then was never shown in the final battle, just going to it. Starscream and Barricade survided while Megatron, Devestator (Brawl), and Blackout are in the drink. Starscream goes shooting off into space during the credits to get more help. However, I wouldn't count on Megatron being out for good if their are sequels.
Old 7/6/07, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

However, I wouldn't count on Megatron being out for good if their are sequels.
I figure either A) They will rebuild Megatron and construct a base in the ocean (a la the cartoon series) or B) They will re-form Megatron into Galvatron, like the first movie... I hope not, I would like to see 'Megatron' in a few more movies before they did that, but either way, they'll be back...
Old 7/6/07, 01:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
I figure either A) They will rebuild Megatron and construct a base in the ocean (a la the cartoon series) or B) They will re-form Megatron into Galvatron, like the first movie... I hope not, I would like to see 'Megatron' in a few more movies before they did that, but either way, they'll be back...
I was thinking the SAME THING with Galvatron. Also they can introduce the Sweeps, who were the scouts.
Old 7/6/07, 02:52 PM

from the side.

i kept hoping he would beat the crap out of that pesky camaro, even though i knew he would lose simply because he was a decepticon.
Old 7/6/07, 02:59 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

I just watched the end of the movie one more time, Barricade is last seen right before Prime gets into a fight with Bone Crusher on the freeway. Sam says something like" oh no its that cop again" they show Barricade then Prime transforms as does Bone crusher and they start to fight, then Barricade does no reappear in the movie
Old 7/6/07, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

nerd alert

[quote=05fordgt;956200]

THATS IT, THANKS!!!! That thing was a BIG transformer back then, compared to the rest!!
omega supreme was an autobot
Old 7/6/07, 08:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have a feeling you'll see Starscream make a power play to be leader of the Decepticons in the second movie like the cartoon and animated movie. Probably Soundwave will resurrect Megatron towards the end of the movie. Just my thoughts on some ideas for the second movie. I just hope they up the budget for more robots less people this time.

Quick Reply: TRANSFORMERS: Saleen/Barricade Clip