2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

TRANSFORMERS: Saleen/Barricade Clip

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/07, 06:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK I just got home from watching it and all I can say is This movie is

OFF THE FREAKIN HOOK!!!!!!!!!!

I saw 300 and it was a great movie and I am certain it will win some Oscars, BUT Transformers in my opinion is far superior movie. I guess it kind of depends on what you like as a movie. I loved 300 but to me Transformers is simply a better watch. They honestly cannot be compared to each other.

I however enjoyed Transformers more it was simply Fantastic!!!

And in case you cannot tell by my post i absolutely loved this movie.

Richard
Old 7/3/07, 08:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rrobello
Oh and the place went nuts when Barricade came on, dont know if we had a lot of Decepticon fans or Mustang fans but it was cool.
Same thing with the crowd during the my showing last night. The car being all black just looks mean.
Old 7/3/07, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

the movie was F-ing awesome!!! being a child in the 80's and owning a substantial collection into the 90's i thought it did well to the franchise. alot of subtle hints and clues throughout the movie did alot for apeasing the "nerds" i will definately see it again, and again. then own it when it comes out on dvd! besides barricade, one of the other highlights for me was the AC-130. always had a thing for the c-130's.
Old 7/3/07, 11:58 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by 05mach1
Can anyone get good pictures at that Saleen store on that Saleen S281 (aka Barricade) man that S281 sounded so good !
I plan on swinging by soon to check it out and will definitely take pics
Old 7/4/07, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Same thing with the crowd during the my showing last night. The car being all black just looks mean.
when I left I had to past the front where there was a line for the midnight showing and those leaving were still up front. There was a silver Solstice right behind me and we went roaring out of there with all heads turning

btw my car is black.
Old 7/4/07, 01:41 AM
V6 Member

I plan on swinging by soon to check it out and will definitely take pics
you take great pics. could you take a pic of me with Barricade?
Old 7/4/07, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Well ... as a huge transformers fan ... the movie clips look interesting. The saleen as a decepticon kinda bums me out because bumblebee is suppose to be the loveable bot ... but knows ... boba fett was the bad guy everyone hated when EP 5 came out but since then, every one loves boba.

maybe everyone will love the bad bot.

personally ... I loved the beast wars version of transformers.
Old 7/4/07, 11:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is some info i got from another site.

On May 30, 2007, Dreamworks greenlit two sequels to Transformers, and Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox and Peter Cullen signed on to return. Michael Bay has not signed, saying "I'm trying to keep some leverage for the negotiations." Writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman are undecided but may not return because "we want to have a reason to do it, not just say, 'it’s a business, it’s a franchise, we’re going to go do the second one because that’s what we do and we’re going to get the big money,' and Star Trek by the way is taking up kind of all of our time."

Soundwave is intended to be a new major character in the sequels, with his presence allowing a proper introduction of mass-shifting. Producer Tom DeSanto has "a very cool idea on how to introduce the Dinobots and Constructicons." If he decides to helm a sequel, Bay may put in an aircraft carrier character, an idea that was too expensive for the first film.

Richard
Old 7/4/07, 12:55 PM

I saw the movie this morning. AWWWSOOOME; even if it was a GM party. My only criticism is that the robot action was too fast...couldnt tell what was happening. Slow it down next time and itl be perfect.
Old 7/4/07, 07:38 PM

I went by the store on my way home from LA today Ill post pics soon.
Old 7/4/07, 07:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I went by the store on my way home from LA today Ill post pics soon.
thanks, is Saleen going sale Two of Barricade Saleens? if so how much?
Old 7/4/07, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

I kind of think it unlikely Saleen would sell Barricade style Mustangs. Cops don't like it when you look too much like them on the road.
Old 7/4/07, 09:53 PM

no they arent selling them, at least not yet. You can make one yourself though it wouldnt be hard. One of the two they had at Saleen in Irvine was an employees car, they made one for him without the light bar on top so they could use as a display inside the store, the other one with the light bar is their press car which is on display in front of the theater on the other side of the mall. Ill post more info and pics, tonight or tomorrow....sorry Im exhausted right now.
Old 7/4/07, 09:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
the movie has its own myspace

www.myspace.com/transformers
Yup I know was a friend about day two.

Old 7/4/07, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Von Bek
I kind of think it unlikely Saleen would sell Barricade style Mustangs. Cops don't like it when you look too much like them on the road.
You know, I was thinking it might be fun to make a Barricade bodykit/paintjob on my car. (Am I the only one who thinks sticking on a push bumper/grill guard might be awesome?

I think you're in the clear as long as you don't have "POLICE" on your vehicle and you don't have red/blue flashing lights. I was thinking "MUSTANG" on the side or something and a white-only light bar.
Old 7/5/07, 06:33 AM
Bullitt Member

talk to 89trooper about the "hassle" of having a police car/clone. he's related to me that he has to drive to shows with an out of service cover on his lightbar. he probably has a couple other things, but his car is one of the top draws at any of the shows i've been to. oh yeah just wanted to throw in another this movie kicks ***!!!
Old 7/5/07, 02:46 PM
V6 Member

rrobello's pics came out better than mine.
Old 7/5/07, 03:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Saw the 10:45 showing on Tuesday night.....F-ING AWESOME!!! Michael Bay, you are a hero!!! I AM a child of the '80's too. Had EVERY freaking transformer (can even remember getting the whole Constructicon set at a local A&P, lol). Even had the Decepticon that had the pieces of track on his back, and had a motorized vehicle move around it (forget his name).

There really was NOTHING I could complain about with this movie. So Optimus had flames, BIG DEAL!!! That semi looks sweet! The main thing for me, was the opening monolog, when Optimus spoke, IT WAS THE SAME VOICE FROM THE CARTOON!!! Michael Bay found the guy who did the voice of Prime back in the '80's and got him to do Prime in the movie. That alone made me happy. I can't wait for a sequal, where maybe they can introduce Ultra Magnus, and even Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime! I NEVER like seeing movies twice in the theaters, BUT this is an exception. IT WAS INSANE GOOD!!!
Old 7/5/07, 03:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote]Even had the Decepticon that had the pieces of track on his back, and had a motorized vehicle move around it (forget his name). [\quote]

Omega Supreme!

The movie turned out really good! Overall, I'd give it an 8 out of 10... I had some small issues with a few things, but minor nitpicks really... But for a first movie to dive into the Transformers universe, I'd say they did a great job!
Old 7/5/07, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Francis
You know, I was thinking it might be fun to make a Barricade bodykit/paintjob on my car. (Am I the only one who thinks sticking on a push bumper/grill guard might be awesome?
No, I was thinking the exact same thing about adding the metal bumper guard too. I think it would look cool. (And even be useful if you have problems hitting parking-stops like I do )

Quick Reply: TRANSFORMERS: Saleen/Barricade Clip