Old 12/17/04, 07:13 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Shea, try $5.60 a gallon.......!!!
Old 12/17/04, 07:16 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks hatsharpner!

my japo/euro loving weeny friends are going to hate this video!

"this car defines cool!"
Old 12/17/04, 07:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy+December 17, 2004, 2:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jgsmuzzy @ December 17, 2004, 2:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wombert@December 16, 2004, 2:57 PM
There's a road test in a German magazine I bought today, they're very positive about the car, although they're criticizing minor things. Strange thing is, they ran 0-60 in 6.3s (it was a black auto GT). I hope I find the time to scan, translate and post it this weekend.
it's not called Fenders and Chrome or something like that is it? If so, they have just started selling it here translated from German. The first issue had a 3-4 page article on the '05! [/b][/quote]
Ugh I suppose the magazine stinks? There are sooooo many magazines around that focus on tuning Japanese imports or WV Golf IIs... or they dedicate 5 pages to a poorly-"pimped-out" Renault Twingo

It was "auto, motor und sport", which is quite a good magazine. You might be right though, it was possibly a privately-owned car or one provided for testing purposes by one of the German importers.
Old 12/17/04, 07:25 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
No, the translation is very good indeed, they used poetic license on somethings, but overall it was good.
Old 12/17/04, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TampaBear67@December 16, 2004, 4:59 PM
These guys seem to Contradict them selves Quite a Bit, Don't they?
No that's just Top Gear flat out for ya. Every week they redicule every car and everybody at least in some form in a typical British style of humor. You have to see the show more often to appreciate it. It's by far the best car TV program in the world.

Actually for a Top Gear review they were pretty mild. And the best line is at the end where Jeremy Clarkson states that the new Mustang oozes coolness. When even Clarkson gets that Mustang feeling we all know and love you know Ford has hit the nail big time.

Btw that "Cool Wall" is hilarious. Every week they classify various cars (old or new) as Cool, Uncool, Seriously Uncool or Sub Zero, the latter being the ultimate of coolness. And they come up with the most hilarious reasons why pretty cool cars end up on the Seriously Uncool side or why a plain car is Sub Zero. They tended to put the Mustang in the Sub Zero section, hence the term borderline they used. It was borderline Sub Zero.

Btw if you look really close you can see a little miniature freezerbox sitting on the table right net to the Sub Zero section. They actually added that to put the Aston Martin DB9 in as they regard that car to be the best of the planet and decided Sub Zero was by far not cool enough to classify it as. Hilarious episode
Old 12/17/04, 10:03 AM
Bullitt Member

The Mustang motor is tuned for street use. It's tuned to make maximum use of 87 octane so that way you won't have to run on premium to get maximum power. That's the advantge of VVT and the three valve heads. More power yet it can still run on regular. Richard seems to have left that out and the 315 fts of torque. Oh yes, Clarkson is an idiot! The Morgan Aero 8 is way cool and does not look crosseyed! Yes it's retro but it's beautifully retro. It really does look like a modernized Jaguar XK140. It's a purist car, plain and simple. Extremley light, handels well, lots of BMW V8 power, what is not to like? It's the definition of 'sport car'. Light weight, lots of power, good handling.
Old 12/17/04, 10:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

So let me get this straight, he is complaining because he victim won't STAY in the trunk? :bang: (I mean even if we know he is joking, there are a few morons out there who won't understand that items REAL function now).

I think we all knew what kind of review it was going to be as soon as he pointed out that his road had a turn in it, and he was driving an American car, so there was a cause for concern.

In any event, it's great to see more footage of the car, thanks to all those who found and posted it.

And Shea, whats wrong with my buddy, Budweiser?
Old 12/17/04, 10:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Nah what pisses me off more is that Clarkson put the Prius on the cool section of the board because he think's that means, if you were to buy it, you could score with a hot enviormental chick. I've met hot enviornmental chicks, they are not fun, they are boring old stiffs that only care about "saving the whales" and "Hummers are evil"! Plust most of them are vegetarian freaks as is. Is this really the type of person you want to spend more than a night with? Oh yes, I heard in a 'book' somewhere that vegaterian's are pretty 'stale' in bed because they don't have much 'meat' on them...
Old 12/17/04, 12:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by StevenJ@December 17, 2004, 1:51 PM
Is this really the type of person you want to spend more than a night with?
yup B)
Old 12/17/04, 12:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the post, been trying to find this vid for a while. Did they make a vid of the mustang they took to vegas?
Old 12/17/04, 04:44 PM
V6 Member

BTTT for anyone that hasn't seen the videos yet. Some of the stuff they say is pretty funny, and some just gets under my skin. Overall, they had to admit that the new Mustang is a d*** fine car and a FUN one at that. No one can deny that.
Old 12/17/04, 06:30 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I think they loved it!
Good on you boys!
Old 12/17/04, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Top Gear is so biased. They don't even test a car, they're pre-determined on the live axle before they even test it. "Not a very good car" ??? Way to go Jeremy Clarkson.
Old 12/17/04, 10:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

They make up their mind as soon as they know it's American :usa:
With that said they actually liked it if you look past that.
Old 12/17/04, 10:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ManEHawke@December 17, 2004, 11:03 PM
Well, sorta. Jeremy Clarkson actually has a Ford GT on order. The only reason he probably does, though, is because the GT40 was originally part English, if I am not mistaken.
Old 12/17/04, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by USA-Adam+December 17, 2004, 11:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (USA-Adam @ December 17, 2004, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ManEHawke@December 17, 2004, 11:03 PM
Well, sorta. Jeremy Clarkson actually has a Ford GT on order. The only reason he probably does, though, is because the GT40 was originally part English, if I am not mistaken. [/b][/quote]
Guys remember this is British humor, so they rag on everything... but in fun, like you would with your friends. If you want to see them really hating on a car you should have seen what they had to see about the BMW X3 . Anyways, if you like the "Top Gear" videos, you can find more here: www.flixvault.net or download entire episodes here: http://gear.viper007bond.com/downloads.php .

I was more than glad to edit and supply the video for the board. Glad you guys enjoyed it. B)
Old 12/18/04, 12:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by USA-Adam+December 17, 2004, 11:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (USA-Adam @ December 17, 2004, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ManEHawke@December 17, 2004, 11:03 PM
Well, sorta. Jeremy Clarkson actually has a Ford GT on order. The only reason he probably does, though, is because the GT40 was originally part English, if I am not mistaken. [/b][/quote]
the gt40 was Henry Fords answer to Ferrari saying no to selling their company to Ford. I think the whole car was built and designed right here in the good ol U S of A
:usa:
Old 12/18/04, 08:07 AM
Bullitt Member

For being a TG review, that was very positive. They like it, not because of its' performance but because it is what a Mustang is supposed to be. And to get Clarkson to say "it's what makes a car special, and this car has it in spades" is about as good as you can get from him. If it's not an Aston Martin that is.

And oh yeah, the BMW M3 ended up in the "uncool" category btw.
Old 12/18/04, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

The brits have a complex about America being #1 now. Truth be told 95% of the cars sold in the U.K. are little crapboxes that couldn’t run an 18 second quarter. They say "Technically European cars would run rings around it". Truth be told there are VERY few European cars that would run rings about it. Especially ones that sell 100,000+ a year and cost under $30,000. Many European cars are tiny little commuters or diesel powered not exactly powerhouses or quality cars.

Heck even most European cars besides Mercedes and BMW are rated below Ford in quality including VW, Audi, Jaguar (I know its a ford division), Citroen, etc.

Even fast nice British cars like the Aston and Lotus are known for VERY poor reliability.

The corvette review also was very biased. Talking about the ancient leaf spring suspension. They kept harping on the "ancient leaf spring suspension" and comparing it to a horse and buggy. I wonder how many people went out of there thinking the Vette was set-up that way?

The Vette doesn’t use the two multi-pack leaf spring suspension hanging setup. It uses a single composite transverse leaf for spring only, not suspension hanging or placement. But all top gear could keep going on about was its “Vietnamese suspension” and how backwards and old it was. Regardless of what people here may think of the Vette, I think most of us will admit it is a great handling car with a great suspension.

Compare the difference between a leaf spring rear suspension and the Vette rear suspension.
Old 12/18/04, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by new22003@December 18, 2004, 9:56 AM
The brits have a complex about America being #1 now. Truth be told 95% of the cars sold in the U.K. are little crapboxes that couldn?t run an 18 second quarter. They say "Technically European cars would run rings around it". Truth be told there are VERY few European cars that would run rings about it. Especially ones that sell 100,000+ a year and cost under $30,000. Many European cars are tiny little commuters or diesel powered not exactly powerhouses or quality cars.

Heck even most European cars besides Mercedes and BMW are rated below Ford in quality including VW, Audi, Jaguar (I know its a ford division), Citroen, etc.

Even fast nice British cars like the Aston and Lotus are known for VERY poor reliability.

The corvette review also was very biased. Talking about the ancient leaf spring suspension. They kept harping on the "ancient leaf spring suspension" and comparing it to a horse and buggy. I wonder how many people went out of there thinking the Vette was set-up that way?

The Vette doesn?t use the two multi-pack leaf spring suspension hanging setup. It uses a single composite transverse leaf for spring only, not suspension hanging or placement. But all top gear could keep going on about was its ?Vietnamese suspension? and how backwards and old it was. Regardless of what people here may think of the Vette, I think most of us will admit it is a great handling car with a great suspension.

Compare the difference between a leaf spring rear suspension and the Vette rear suspension.

great lecture,thanks!
As far as the reliability of VW is concerned,my friend works in a VW factory and he told me once :"I see how the cars are built there ,I would never buy a VW"
I asked him what car would he recommend.He answered Ford Focus.

Quick Reply: Top Gear video - Mustang Review.