2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Too much of a good thing

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/05, 09:45 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you may remember- the city I live in is infested with 05s.Never seen one anywhere else on the road, but there are seven plus here.....oops make that EIGHT! Don's MG,Mine, Wb v6,silver v6,yellow gt,yellow v6,black v6, mg v6...I don't know they all live here but this is the only place I see em.

I was returning movies and cut through the backside of the parking lot- it has a grocery, pharmacy etc- garden variety. I look to my right and I WAS SEEING DOUBLE :bang: Someone done went and got my cars TWIN! This of course means I gotta do more stuff to mine- because this car is an exact replica of mine down to the seats. :bang: :bang: :bang: I didn't think yellow would be so popular-but thats THREE of em.

I also went and met the silver owner- her stripes remain flawless even in light of the person who installed them's latest work. Her car is a work of art. Glad to have finally met her in person.
Old 1/7/05, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 7, 2005, 10:48 AM
As you may remember- the city I live in is infested with 05s.Never seen one anywhere else on the road, but there are seven plus here.....oops make that EIGHT! Don's MG,Mine, Wb v6,silver v6,yellow gt,yellow v6,black v6, mg v6...I don't know they all live here but this is the only place I see em.

I was returning movies and cut through the backside of the parking lot- it has a grocery, pharmacy etc- garden variety. I look to my right and I WAS SEEING DOUBLE :bang: Someone done went and got my cars TWIN! This of course means I gotta do more stuff to mine- because this car is an exact replica of mine down to the seats. :bang: :bang: :bang: I didn't think yellow would be so popular-but thats THREE of em.

I also went and met the silver owner- her stripes remain flawless even in light of the person who installed them's latest work. Her car is a work of art. Glad to have finally met her in person.
Old 1/7/05, 10:06 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bet they don't have the cobra emblems
Old 1/7/05, 10:26 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

har dee har...
Lets put my snakes to bed now...

Im thinking the stripes no one else gets + flat black vents.

Anyone else have an infestation in their zip code?

I put the rubber to the road- OFTEN, and I have YET to see one anywhere but this zip code. The one at the mall doesn't count cause I saw it here first.
Old 1/7/05, 10:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

I live & work in the North East. I have had my Stang for 2 months, put on 5K miles & have not seen another 05' on the road yet. Went to VA on a trip, no Stangs.

Must be them tha hill billies like them Ford's down there.
Old 1/7/05, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

The way these cars are flyng out of the showroom and how many people are getting the stripes, made me stop and think.....I was trying to have something different then everyone else back when I did the stripes in October but now they are becoming very plentiful, so I have a few ideas to shake things up a little bit!

When I do the final unveiling (sp?) in May or June, I hope to have something different from everyone else. (no snakes though..LOL)

Mike
Old 1/7/05, 10:47 AM
Retired Tms Staff

I always new the stripes were going to be popular even before the car was built thanks to all of the photoshop gods in the forum. I put the stripes on my car for 2 reasons.

1. I really like the looks
2. Figured it will stay that way until I think of something else. A few hoods I have looked at recently would not work with the stripes so I would have to do something different.

I have over 3,000 miles on my car and have not seen another stang on the road yet. Wait, I did see a Sonic BLue V6 the other day and the driver wanted to race me, (reving engine at red light) but it doesn't count as a "sighting" because he was out test driving it (dealer plate). I rolled down my window and laughed at him as I said "buddy, you are in a V6 and I am in a modded GT. Ya really think you can win". His girlfriend said "but the v6 is faster".

I wish them both the best of luck in thier future together. They were made for each other.
Old 1/7/05, 10:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@January 7, 2005, 12:50 PM
I wish them both the best of luck in thier future together. They were made for each other.
Old 1/7/05, 10:52 AM
Cobra Member

That's funny. What idiots.
Old 1/7/05, 11:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by PONY XPRESS@January 7, 2005, 11:37 AM
Went to VA on a trip, no Stangs.
I have seen one GT once in Pittsburgh. And I drive a decent amount each day. I also took a road trip to Va Beach. I saw three on the way home. One in the SE, one in the middle, and one in the NW of VA.
Old 1/7/05, 11:09 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by orthoguy+January 7, 2005, 12:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (orthoguy @ January 7, 2005, 12:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@January 7, 2005, 12:50 PM
[/b][/quote]
Good one!
I wouldn't dream of getting in a whacking contest with the GT.
Old 1/7/05, 11:13 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I have seen several around here, almost all GT's, I have yet to see another Sonic Blue in the area though.
Old 1/7/05, 11:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 7, 2005, 4:48 PM
I look to my right and I WAS SEEING DOUBLE :bang: Someone done went and got my cars TWIN! This of course means I gotta do more stuff to mine- because this car is an exact replica of mine down to the seats. :bang: :bang: :bang: I didn't think yellow would be so popular-but thats THREE of em.

Well I hate to be the one to break it to you but we're not even six months into 05 Mustang sales, of a car that's gonna be in production for probably 6 Years or more. So the Odds of you running into another Yellow 05, or I should say S197 Mustang just like yours are just going to Skyrocket Exponentially, especially since it's a V6. As the V6's will outnumber the GT's by quite a margin.

As you say if you want yours to remain unique, you're gonnna have to be pretty creative with any appearance mod's you do, but even then, someone could see your car and use it for inspiration. Good Luck on Retaining Your Individuality.
Old 1/7/05, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by TampaBear67@January 7, 2005, 12:20 PM
[b] [color=#0000FF]Well I hate to be the one to break it to you but we're not even six months into 05 Mustang sales, of a car that's gonna be in production for probably 6 Years or more.
I doubt it will be in production for that long, they have been changing the body style about every 5 yrs or so.
Old 1/7/05, 11:37 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

It was just a shock! First double I have seen.
I was planning on meeting the silver owner- she says I like your car, Im like you havent seen my car--- Yes I have its right over there by Winn Dixie.....

I don't expect to never see another yellow on the road.....theres plenty of them in all yellow years already, I am not so vain as to think I will be the only one ever.

I may not be the best role model to emulate :P
Old 1/7/05, 11:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by holderca1+January 7, 2005, 6:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ January 7, 2005, 6:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TampaBear67@January 7, 2005, 12:20 PM
Well I hate to be the one to break it to you but we're not even six months into 05 Mustang sales, of a car that's gonna be in production for probably 6 Years or more.
I doubt it will be in production for that long, they have been changing the body style about every 5 yrs or so. [/b][/quote]

I expect the 05 style to remain unchanged for about 3 years with a mild refreshing in 08. New Headlights/Tail Lights, Grill, Badges, Maybe Bumper Covers, and a different Hood. But no Serious Sheet Metal Modifications on a Brand New Body Style. Tooling for new cars is Very Expensive, and they will get every last Pennies worth out of it while they can. You would be amazed how much difference the changes I mentioned could change the looks of this car. If you don't believe me, just look at the new Saleen. That's basically all they did.
Old 1/7/05, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Uh, yeah that'll happen when you buy the more popular model of a car someone makes 300,000 copies of. See, if you got an ACTUAL Cobra, you wouldn't have (as much) of that problem.
Old 1/7/05, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by SVTJayC@January 7, 2005, 1:12 PM
Uh, yeah that'll happen when you buy the more popular model of a car someone makes 300,000 copies of. See, if you got an ACTUAL Cobra, you wouldn't have (as much) of that problem.
Last time I checked the Mustang Cobra is based on the same body style as every other Mustang. Unless you are talking about the Shelby Cobra.
Old 1/7/05, 12:24 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I can only dream about owning my heroine......
Old 1/7/05, 12:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by holderca1@January 7, 2005, 7:19 PM
Last time I checked the Mustang Cobra is based on the same body style as every other Mustang. Unless you are talking about the Shelby Cobra.
Hey, that is a thought. For the sake of my ego and my individuality I need a real Shelby Cobra roadster! You know, I never thought of this as a medical issue before. I must go tell my fiance this now!

Me: "Honey, I NEED a Shelby Cobra for my health's sake. My ego couldn't stand the strain of losing it's individuality."

My fiance: "How much is one?"

Me: " Well, price should not matter when my health is at stake, but it doesn't have windows I'll tell you that now."

My fiance: "Wow, why not give me the price first and save the bad news that it doesn't have windows for last?"

Me: "In light of the price I suppose no windows could be considered the good news side of this argument honey"

Quick Reply: Too much of a good thing