2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Tire pressure monitor fault?

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/07, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire pressure monitor fault?

This sign has been showing on my dash since i exchanged my stock aluminum rims with some bullits. Went to the dealership and they said this isnt a major problem and they'll get it fixed in my next service. I was still concerned after the dealership visit so i went to check my tire pressure and was surprised that 3 of them were at 40 and one at 23 psi! So i made them all 32 psi since thats whats the sticker from the inside door states. The sign didnt go of.
My car is loosing too much traction these days and i dont know if its from the tune+jlt i recetly installed (first mod) or from my tire.
Note: I exchanged my stock wheels and rims with a guys stock california special wheels and rims.
Old 10/15/07, 02:20 AM
Bullitt Member

when you changed your wheels, did you get the old sensors out and put them into the new wheels? If not that is what causing the lighting to show up. Your new wheels have no sensors so that's what making the light to show up because the system can't recognize any sensors. Don't let the dealer rip you off by making you purchase new senors, you can use the old ones, but you need to buy new straps for like $10 each. The cost to unmount/remount the new and old tires might cost you a grip load so you might want to just ignore changing the sensors and just go without them. Hope this helps. If the new wheels/tires you just trade already have the sensors in them all you need to do is bring it into the dealer and have them relearn the sensors with your car.
Old 10/15/07, 08:40 AM
Cobra Member

They should have sensors built in already if they came off an 07 model unless the owner took them out. If they do still have them you will have to take them to the dealer and have them WOKE up to match your vehicle. there are a few threads about this, just do a search.