2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Things you didn't know you had...

Search this Thread

Old 10/9/06, 07:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I think all convertibles have that brace. But I'm not sure.
Old 10/16/06, 03:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the Shaker systems you do not have to have the radio on to eject/load a CD. Even though the car is off, radio is off, car has been sitting for 4 hours, you can open the door and press "Load", then press the preset number for which slot to load to. The Shaker will move things around, then just pop the CD in. It won't play, but it will take the CD.

Same for unloading, press the eject button, then press the preset number of the CD you want and presto!! Kind of nice if you want a CD from the car and don't want to grab the keys.
Old 10/16/06, 04:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by theedge67
On the Shaker systems you do not have to have the radio on to eject/load a CD. Even though the car is off, radio is off, car has been sitting for 4 hours, you can open the door and press "Load", then press the preset number for which slot to load to. The Shaker will move things around, then just pop the CD in. It won't play, but it will take the CD.

Same for unloading, press the eject button, then press the preset number of the CD you want and presto!! Kind of nice if you want a CD from the car and don't want to grab the keys.
I think thats the feature that has left some people with dead batterys after car has been sitting or stored. The shaker hunting for disks on its own has drained the battery.
Old 10/16/06, 04:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Could be, I've never had a problem with it, nor heard it hunting for discs when it shouldn't be. But with as many problems as reported with the Shakers I wouldn't doubt it.

As a side note, I've found that to avoid the skipping on the Shaker with the mp3 discs, once you burn a disc, don't go back and add songs on later. Burn once only, if you want a new song on it, burn a whole new disc. I had problems with skipping too, but since I've been doing this it has worked perfect (well, almost but way way better)
Old 10/16/06, 07:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Could be, I've never had a problem with it, nor heard it hunting for discs when it shouldn't be. But with as many problems as reported with the Shakers I wouldn't doubt it.

As a side note, I've found that to avoid the skipping on the Shaker with the mp3 discs, once you burn a disc, don't go back and add songs on later. Burn once only, if you want a new song on it, burn a whole new disc. I had problems with skipping too, but since I've been doing this it has worked perfect (well, almost but way way better)

A CD-R is burn once only unless you didn't finalize the disc. After reading about all the problems with the Shaker 500, I would recommend burning at a lower speed with quality media (Verbatim) and finalizing the disc (preventing further writing). The Shaker should be able to read CD-RWs considering it was made in 2005-up. My 2001 Aiwa can read CD-RWs just fine.

Also, don't use folders and just put all the MP3 files into one main directory. I've had some MP3 players whack-out when confronted with folders.

Please don't use MS's craptastic integrated CD burning system in Windows. I've never had a problem using Nero with a quality burner and quality media (Pioneer DVR-1xx anything Pioneer will be significantly better).
Old 10/16/06, 08:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Thanks for the scoop StangNut. Seems like it would've been a nice feature.
Global windows is a nice feature and it worked fine on my '02 Jetta! Too bad Ford couldn't get it right .
Old 10/16/06, 08:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is an all Ford thing, but if you leave a door open (ajar) and hit the lock button on the fob twice, the car beeps twice. If all doors are closed and you hit the fob twice, the car beeps once.
Old 10/16/06, 09:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

The Mustang GT will be the first car in our stable to have anti-theft, remote keyless entry, power seat, subwoofers, more than 4 speakers, a tachometer, a handbrake, factory CD player, etc... And we've owned nothing but Fords for the past 30 years.
Old 10/16/06, 02:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
A CD-R is burn once only unless you didn't finalize the disc. After reading about all the problems with the Shaker 500, I would recommend burning at a lower speed with quality media (Verbatim) and finalizing the disc (preventing further writing). The Shaker should be able to read CD-RWs considering it was made in 2005-up. My 2001 Aiwa can read CD-RWs just fine.

Also, don't use folders and just put all the MP3 files into one main directory. I've had some MP3 players whack-out when confronted with folders.

Please don't use MS's craptastic integrated CD burning system in Windows. I've never had a problem using Nero with a quality burner and quality media (Pioneer DVR-1xx anything Pioneer will be significantly better).
Then it should read "MP3 capable for high end burning programs only". It is false advertizing to just say the Ford systems are MP3 ready.
Old 10/16/06, 02:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

May I ask what software you are using to burn CDs, what burner you have, and what media you are using?

Quite often people use MS's integrated burning feature and they don't finalize the discs or it uses a goofy format. Another problem is with cheap burners like Lite-On and other $20-$30 junk drives. Also, bulk 100 disc cake boxes of CD-Rs made by a non-name company doesn't help you either.
Since I use my PC for other serious stuff, I already use half-way decent media, Nero, and a Pioneer DVD +/- R/RW DL burner.

Roxio isn't too bad but I still like Nero better.
Old 10/16/06, 03:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

...nice if you want a CD from the car and don't want to grab the keys.
Then how do you get in the car?
Old 10/16/06, 05:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have used Windows to burn the discs and generally don't have any problems as long as I either finalize the disc or just burn it one time. Also, I can add as many folders as I like, no problems. I think the shaker has a hard time reading multi session discs.
Old 10/16/06, 05:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by scramblr
Then how do you get in the car?
I don't lock it when it's in the garage, we live out of town a little way, plus 2 fierce Boxer guard dogs help! (as long as you don't throw them a hamburger first)
Old 10/16/06, 05:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have used Windows to burn the discs and generally don't have any problems as long as I either finalize the disc or just burn it one time. Also, I can add as many folders as I like, no problems. I think the shaker has a hard time reading multi session discs.

As long as you know how to use the software/utility, it's good to go. I've just had great results using quality programs like Nero. I agree about using single session discs only.

BTW, try a CD-RW disc for your Shaker. You can erase and re-write to CD-RWs in case you want to add more songs. It's not as flashy or posh as an iPod hard drive or a flash drive, but it gets the job done.
Old 10/16/06, 06:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman

that little clip under the center console lid is cool.
O.K., what is that for?
I've seen it and tried my glasses, they don't fit. What do you put in there?
Old 10/16/06, 07:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
O.K., what is that for?

i used to have nothing, my grage door opener was mounted above it with velcro but the heat makes the velcro come right off so now the garage door opener is velcoed and secured buy the clips... it works quite well
Old 10/16/06, 10:57 PM
GT Member

its a tissue holder.
Old 10/17/06, 01:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Dougxox
O.K., what is that for?
I use it to hold a microfiber cloth for dusting the interior at long stoplights.
Old 10/17/06, 07:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
If I couldn't use folders I wouldn't use the MP3 player at all. I have my discs segregated by type of music. I even have a few with 2 types of music on them. I just make a folder for each type of music, then put a folder inside for each artist and then a folder inside that for each album. It plays them in following order. It goes to the 1st main folder, then first subfolder then first sub-sub folder.... and so on untill it gets as deep as it can go. Then when that is done it backs up one level, goes to the next folder and goes as deep as it can go.

For example if I have Rock and Pop folders on one disc. And 2 artists in each of those with 2 albums each. It will go, alphabetically Pop Artist 1 Album 1, then Pop Artist 1 Album 2, then Pop Artist 2 Album 1, then Pop Artist 2 Album 2, then Rock Artist 1 Album 1.... and so on.

Once I stripped away the ID3v2 tags and put on just ID3v1 tags, all of the artist, song, album info even comes up.
Old 10/17/06, 07:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I like to let the player randomize my songs. I want it to surprise me. Normally all of my songs are in the root directory and alphabetized by artist and song title. I've had Mp3 players give me a hard time randomizing songs organized by folder, so I just dump them all into one big directory and let the random playlist generator sort it out.

I guess you have to assume the Shaker or Mp3 player is some backwards POS PC Mp3 player that can't read long filenames and long folder names, and can only do ID3v1 tags. I never use ID3v2 tags anyhow.

Quick Reply: Things you didn't know you had...