2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Things you didn't know you had...

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/06, 03:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things you didn't know you had...

I'm always amazed at the features that come on our cars that are hidden in the glove-compartment book - features that are extremely useful but unknown until someone else shows us.

So what do you know about your '05 or '06 that others might like to know?

As an example, yesterday I found out about a feature that lets your put your windows up or down without getting in. If the windows are down, put your key in the driver's side door, turn the key to the right, and hold it. The windows will go up. If the windows are up, using the keyfob, double-press the unlock button, but after the second press, don't let go. In other words, push it, release it, push it and hold it. Do it fairly quick, too. If your car has the option, your windows will go down. I tried this on a friend's car today, and he didn't know his car could do that. [edit]Just found this thread: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=19105 [/edit]

Also, on some models, the radio has speed-sensitive volume. I can't remember the procedure for turning it on, but you can set it so there is no volume difference to changes in speed or a big difference. As you drive faster and road noise increases, the radio volume will increase. When you slow down, it will decrease.

Got a cool feature to add that others might not know about?
Old 6/11/06, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Also, on some models, the radio has speed-sensitive volume. I can't remember the procedure for turning it on, but you can set it so there is no volume difference to changes in speed or a big difference. As you drive faster and road noise increases, the radio volume will increase. When you slow down, it will decrease. This is a standard feature of the shaker players. Thanks for the info on the remote control windows. Thats cool !
Old 6/11/06, 07:53 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's funny how you will find all of these "hidden features" are actually in the owners manual. So I wouldn't consider them hidden. So, my suggestion is "read the owners manual" if you really want to know about your car.
Old 6/11/06, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

press and hold the "menu" button on the radio to access the feature for the station and song title scrolling read out the some stations provide
Old 6/11/06, 09:04 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by adrenalin
It's funny how you will find all of these "hidden features" are actually in the owners manual. So I wouldn't consider them hidden. So, my suggestion is "read the owners manual" if you really want to know about your car.
I read the whole thing the first nite I got mine.however in all the excitement,you forget some things.Especially the "hidden features". I totally forgot about the window thing. That speed sensitive volume gets on my nerves though.Disabled that the first day.

I'm not sure if this got deleted with the new format,but that little clip under the center console lid is cool.
Old 6/11/06, 09:07 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
You have to remember though, the Global Windows feature you guys are talking about is only available with the Active Anti Theft option and even then your car had to be built before April '05.
Old 6/11/06, 09:45 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StangNut
You have to remember though, the Global Windows feature you guys are talking about is only available with the Active Anti Theft option and even then your car had to be built before April '05.
Old 6/11/06, 10:38 PM

It's one thing to notice what you have. It's another to notice what you don't have.

So you got your fancy Ford Mustang GT. Did you notice there's *no* blue oval Ford logo anywhere? The only exterior Ford marking is the barely visible lettering on the fake gas cap emblem on the back. While we're at it, where, exactly, on the outside of your car, is it identified by name as a Mustang?

Our cars are so recognizable and so identifiable, nobody even needs to be told what they are. They just know.
Old 6/11/06, 11:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by S.SubZero
It's one thing to notice what you have. It's another to notice what you don't have.

So you got your fancy Ford Mustang GT. Did you notice there's *no* blue oval Ford logo anywhere? The only exterior Ford marking is the barely visible lettering on the fake gas cap emblem on the back. While we're at it, where, exactly, on the outside of your car, is it identified by name as a Mustang?

Our cars are so recognizable and so identifiable, nobody even needs to be told what they are. They just know.
For what it's worth, I have blue Ford Ovals on the center caps of my wheels. I wish they were ponies though.
Old 6/12/06, 07:34 AM
Cobra Member

So recognizeable, I got a "carpool parking ticket" because the joke of a guard didn't notice my carpool tag clearly hanging from the mirror. For make he wrote "Mustang" and model "GT". Thought that was kinda funny.

I didn't know I had the global window down feature, until people complained theirs didn't work. Mine does but it seems pretty pointless. Never use it, the remote has such a short range it's not like you'de have enough time to let the hot air escape, which would seem to me the only reson anyone would use it.
Old 6/12/06, 08:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by nynvolt
So recognizeable, I got a "carpool parking ticket" because the joke of a guard didn't notice my carpool tag clearly hanging from the mirror. For make he wrote "Mustang" and model "GT". Thought that was kinda funny.

I didn't know I had the global window down feature, until people complained theirs didn't work. Mine does but it seems pretty pointless. Never use it, the remote has such a short range it's not like you'de have enough time to let the hot air escape, which would seem to me the only reson anyone would use it.
do you have the active alarm? I didn't order mine with it, but I think I have the global windows... 'cause when I open/close the doors, the windows open a hair, then close. I can't test it until I get home.. I drove the Expedition to work today, in case it floods... we have a tropical storm bearin' down on us.
Old 6/12/06, 08:52 AM

All the '05+ Mustangs do that. It's to equalize pressure when you open or close the door.
Come on Clint. You've been around long enough to know that.
Old 6/12/06, 09:37 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
All the '05+ Mustangs do that. It's to equalize pressure when you open or close the door.
It's not to equalize pressure. It does that so there is a tighter seal than previous mustangs. A lot of cars with frameless windows are going this route.

I remember in my friend's neon, at highway speeds the rushing air would actually pull the window out a bit and cause a very loud air rushing noise.

With the mustang's windows jammed UP into the seal this doesn't happen.

Veredus -- have you found the secret compartment in your cupholder. The bottom of the back one is removeable. Also, you can't grind the starter. The key fob will work with the engine running (except the panic button). And if you have the shaker you can press and hold eject or load to do all 6 discs automatically.
Old 6/12/06, 10:18 AM

Why do you think it wasn't getting a good seal? Because the pressure wasn't equalizing fast enough. This was all explained back when the '05 Mustang first came out.
Old 6/12/06, 11:44 AM
GT Member

the false bottom cupholder!
Old 6/12/06, 01:09 PM
Cobra Member

I wasn't sure if that was because of the "global windows" feature or all of them.... is the "global windows" just the deal that allows you to open with the fob? I didn't really ever look into it because for the longest time I was going to get the active alarm and knew global windows came with it.... but at the last minute, I left that option off.. trying to cut costs. I've been too busy just drivin' and enjoying.. I haven't spent much time in the forums lately.
Old 6/12/06, 01:24 PM

Yes. That what the Global Windows feature is.
Now go back out and enjoy the car.
Old 6/12/06, 01:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AWmustang
And if you have the shaker you can press and hold eject or load to do all 6 discs automatically.
Oh holy s--- I didnt know that, thats useful to me since I change out my changer every week. Awesome.
Old 6/12/06, 02:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by S.SubZero

I definitely noticed the lack of the Ford logo anywhere on the car--I'm not complaining though I even removed the rear badge--so the only place the Ford logo is on the car now is the markings on the glass.

Also, my car seems to have some with the trunk-opener-button delete option
Old 6/12/06, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

You guys got my hopes up with that false bottom cup holder. I thaught I was gonna be able to hide stuff down there.

Quick Reply: Things you didn't know you had...