:scratch:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Old 2/8/05, 08:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally posted by dustindu4@February 8, 2005, 11:33 AM
I thought you'd get harassed more about the Shelby
Not from the ricers I don't. They seem to check the car out from a distance, scratch their heads and move on, looking bewildered. They probably think it's a new exotic from "Importz Land."

On the rare occasion I take it out for a run at the track or to wash it, I usually get muscle car guys, and I don't mind them. They actually understand what I mean when I say 427 Tunnelport High-Rise engine and C6 tranny, lol.
Old 2/8/05, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs down

Originally posted by JeffreyDJ@February 8, 2005, 11:31 AM
Here's the thing. I don't mind anyone walking up to me talking about my car. Still happens to me all of the time. I bought a Mustang because I've always loved them, and I don't mind that someone wants to know more about them.

And, yeah, I'd never own a Honda, but if yu're seriously getting guys talking to you about your car -- its because they LIKE it. Maybe by talking about their car, they are just trying open up a conversation about something they have in common (you both like cars, albiet different ones).

Now, if I were washing my car and the countdown time was going down I'd keep washing AND talking.
Oh, I've tried that approach a couple times.. doesn't get me anywhere. In fact, it almost got me into a fight once. It seems these guys (at least in my area) wish to remain their little bubble of ignorance. The main reason they come over is usually to try and goad me into something... they just mask it with admiration of the car, and as soon as I (very nicely) try to correct them and teach them something about real horsepower and racing, they get defensive and say things like "Snap female dog!" and "Yo man I be knowin' what I talkin' about!" I think there was one guy who smiled and listened, but all the others were pretty hostile when I tried to help them out, so I don't try anymore, lol.
Old 2/8/05, 09:08 PM
GT Member

I've heard that stickers / decals give you incredible horsepower, it just depends on who they are for.

Those imports need all the horsepower they can get.
Old 2/8/05, 10:21 PM

[quote=EleanorsMine,February 8, 2005, 8:54 AM]
Im a girl. The mustang is giving me an inferiority complex.
When I drove the olds around I thought it was ME! they were looking at, now its the stupid car......And all I ever get is tradeyas.

I agree...They obviously were not lookin at my metro.... Now i get looks but it's ll about the car (not that i mind too much, it's a nice looking car!) but it could really give a girl a complex after a while... I have guys (who just pull up beside me ) and ask to drive it...Yeah! That's Gonna Happen!....I don't even let my own mother drive it!
Old 2/8/05, 10:35 PM
Bullitt Member

good thing i dont live on the east coast..........pretty much " wigger " free. but there are a lot of rice around here. cars with 5 different colored body parts on them.

100th POST!
Old 2/9/05, 03:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by TikiStang311@February 8, 2005, 11:38 PM
...there are a lot of rice around here. cars with 5 different colored body parts on them...
...and don't forget the Type R stickers, even if it's not a Honda.
Old 2/9/05, 05:32 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I agree...They obviously were not lookin at my metro.... Now i get looks but it's ll about the car (not that i mind too much, it's a nice looking car!) but it could really give a girl a complex after a while... I have guys (who just pull up beside me ) and ask to drive it...Yeah! That's Gonna Happen!....I don't even let my own mother drive it!
[/quote]

Its NOT FAIRRRR~ My car is getting more attention than meeeeeeee.

My car is still awful yellow- it tends to stand out. So they see the bright banana color and snap their necks looking.....

I had one set of road crew perverts admire us not the car- had my 12 year old with me.....Hey ladies ......Uh boys- shes 12!

Aside from the tradeyas, if my husband is with me, the people talk to HIM! About it even though I get out on the drivers side---- he tells them- talk to her, she knows everything about it. I guess they assume a woman wouldn't know anything about a hot sports car.
Old 2/9/05, 06:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TikiStang311@February 9, 2005, 12:38 AM
good thing i dont live on the east coast..........pretty much " wigger " free. but there are a lot of rice around here. cars with 5 different colored body parts on them.

100th POST!
Dude, no offense but, you live in California. And you are trying to tell me that its pretty much wigger free? I live in Georgia, the NE part in the Blue Ridge Mountains, where "Deliverance" was filmed, and even we have a bunch of punk-a... wanna-be's.

Granted, there may not be any where you live, but trust me, they're there.
Old 2/9/05, 08:13 AM

I really hope you are kidding...It's past the point of funny to just sad. It's like in 2 Fast 2 Furious, where in the beginning, Brian hits 2 NOS buttons at the same time. I mean like WOAH, THAT WAS OFF THE HOOK, YO...one of my friends said that when he watched that movie, two kids behind him said "I can't believe he just did that. He's AWESOME" I'm not an expert or anything, but a NOS boost is a NOS boost is a NOS boost. Sorry to get off the subject, but I just thought I should share.
Old 2/9/05, 08:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by slavehand+February 9, 2005, 7:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slavehand @ February 9, 2005, 7:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TikiStang311@February 9, 2005, 12:38 AM

100th POST!
Dude, no offense but, you live in California. And you are trying to tell me that its pretty much wigger free? I live in Georgia, the NE part in the Blue Ridge Mountains, where "Deliverance" was filmed, and even we have a bunch of punk-a... wanna-be's.

[/b][/quote]

Maybe he's a wigger, and just does not notice. I can tell you one thing; there are plenty of wiggers in CA, all over.
Old 2/9/05, 08:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Let's not get to racial...ok?

I am white AND grew up in the south...but the idea that ricers are driven by a minority is crazy. Most ricers around here are white.

One of the nicer and faster 1969 Camaro's is owned by a "man of color" and he knocks on ricers like everyone else. He thinks the new Mustangs are hot but at 6'8" he barely fits in anything made since 1978.

On the subject of ricers all driving Honda's....quid pro quo...Honda's are ricers. Come on down the Metrolina Drag Strip and you can see Honda's and Subaru's with 500hp plus running on the weekends...no wings, fart mufflers, or stickers....these guys are running twin turbo, nitrous, and other things. If you take on these guys at anyting over a dead stop...you will learn to call them "sir"......I know "Can't beat Cubic Inches"....until you run up on a certain 800hp eclipse at 35mph and watch them pull away from you....WOW.....seen it and it's NOT pretty.

Having said that...I love my mustang....the only Honda I owned was for gas milage (and I loved it). I waited 3 years for the 2005 and got one of the first ones available. I have had mustangs in and out of my life since I started driving.

My .02 worth...

Jay
Old 2/9/05, 09:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

ha ha, this post reminds me of new years eve. I had juts gotten my car and it was parked in my friends driveway. All night all her "thug" friends came in and were alla sking about the hot car outside. Then I got the snotty girl complaining that her civic was better because no one said anything about it.
Old 2/9/05, 09:07 AM
mav
GT Member

Old 2/9/05, 09:10 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Try owning a Mustang over here, They are as rare as hens teeth. Every petrol station, every time I go back to my car from the shops, etc etc, luckilly, it is generally only appreciative comments, but I have had a few "greens" telling me that my car is killing the environment and animals. I reply by asking them if their shoes are made of leather...........
Old 2/9/05, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

England? Yeah, you must have it pretty bad with people critisizing you. They'll find a reason to knock the car purely because it's from America with the time's political climates.
Old 2/9/05, 01:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Someone blew me a kiss today.....

And I caused a bell truck to nearly wreck checking El. out.....

I wish I had a few more Mustangs to drive around in.
Old 2/9/05, 01:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by slavehand@February 9, 2005, 7:12 AM
...Dude, no offense but, you live in California...I live in Georgia, the NE part in the Blue Ridge Mountains, where "Deliverance" was filmed, and even we have a bunch of punk-a... wanna-be's.

Yup, they're here...
Old 2/10/05, 06:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Lime05owner@February 9, 2005, 9:21 AM
Let's not get to racial...ok?

I am white AND grew up in the south...but the idea that ricers are driven by a minority is crazy. Most ricers around here are white.

Jay
"Wigger" is a term used to describe a white kid from the suburbs who acts and looks like he's a black kid straight out of the 'hood'. It's just an amalgom of 'white' and that non-PC word for blacks that I'd prefer to not type... I'm sure you get it!
Old 2/10/05, 07:28 PM
Cobra R Member

I know better. You love it. You just get pissed when women talk to hubby about the car. LOL

Quick Reply: These Won't Stop People Talking To Me About My Car