2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

These Won't Stop People Talking To Me About My Car

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/05, 07:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

It's getting sort of annoying to have to stop washing my car and talk to half a dozen people about the darn thing, lol. The older guys who have a passion for muscle cars I don't mind so much. It's the wigger guys decked out in oversized Jerseys, poofy jackets, thick red headbands, and driving fart cans with tinted windows that bother me. I just want to shake them and scream YOU LIVE IN SUBURBIA!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! :bang:

Here's a taste of what I go through with these guys:

"Yo dawg, dat car is phat! Iz dat car an import?"
"Thanks, no it's a Mustang."
"Really!? Dag, that be wack. Too bad it ain't an import like my '92 Honda! I gots her tricked out with some sweet spinning wheels and custom exhaust tip."
"Yeah... I see that. Shouldn't you have given her a repaint first? Half the paint has peeled off your hood."
"Oh dat. See, I's figure dat for wieght re-duct-shun. Make me fastah, biaaattcchh! You and I's should race sometime, yo. Mah import whip your azz!"
"Uh-huh. I'll pull you the whole way."
"Your car a stick, homes?"
"Yep."
"Ah, I got ya knocked, yo. Mah car an auto. It even haz an ovahdrive, dawg. An extra gear ta go fastah!"
"... do you know anything about racing?"
"Phisshh! 'Course I do! My engine's all V'ore-teched out, dawg! See mah stickahs!? An' I modded mah engine - gave it five cylinders instead of four, dawg!"
"Right... well, nice talking to you. Perhaps I'll see you at a stoplight sometime. I have to rinse off my car before the suds dry."
"Aight. I be seein' ya latah, dawg."

Yeah, that sort of gets monotonus after nine or ten times. Anyone else experience these sort of encounters?

EDIT: Sorry about the topic line... I meant to say These PEOPLE Won't Stop Talking To Me About My Car. I transposed people, and I would fix it, but I can't edit the thread title for some reason. Perhaps a mod could help? Please? With sugar on top?
Old 2/8/05, 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Haha...the closest I have ever gotten to that is "darn! Dat da new Mustang?!?! Shee mf, da shee is tight." And then he continued to walk out of the gas station parking lot in the middle of nowhere.

I also had a couple of the older guys come up and talk to me about their '60 something mustangs while washing it in my grandma's driveway in Florida. Nice guys.
Old 2/8/05, 07:42 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
What you had and will experience is the daily dose of ho inferiority complex any time you go in a public place.

But don't dread on the ricers so much, there is so much more to come. The real adventure will come from the Camaro owners. Just make sure you offer nothing but compliments on the design and performance of the '04 and '05 Camaros.

Old 2/8/05, 07:45 AM
Cobra Member

Now that's carwash story is funny.
Old 2/8/05, 07:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

That conversation was hilarious, Charlie!! ROFLMAO.

If that's the worst you have to put up with driving a new GT, you ain't got it so bad really...
Old 2/8/05, 07:48 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually I keep on washing when people talk to me about my car. I don't have to stop to have a conversation with them.
Old 2/8/05, 07:51 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Im a girl. The mustang is giving me an inferiority complex.
When I drove the olds around I thought it was ME! they were looking at, now its the stupid car......And all I ever get is tradeyas.

When I first got it, we had a lot of stop and sees, but thats thankfully tapered off. I can even take it to the mall now!
Old 2/8/05, 08:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Old 2/8/05, 08:20 AM
Cobra Member

Only solution is to sell the car.
Old 2/8/05, 08:26 AM
GT Member

Old 2/8/05, 08:28 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's the thing. I don't mind anyone walking up to me talking about my car. Still happens to me all of the time. I bought a Mustang because I've always loved them, and I don't mind that someone wants to know more about them.

And, yeah, I'd never own a Honda, but if yu're seriously getting guys talking to you about your car -- its because they LIKE it. Maybe by talking about their car, they are just trying open up a conversation about something they have in common (you both like cars, albiet different ones).

Now, if I were washing my car and the countdown time was going down I'd keep washing AND talking.
Old 2/8/05, 08:30 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought you'd get harassed more about the Shelby
Old 2/8/05, 08:57 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a lot of people asking about my car as well but what I hate the most is when I come out of the mall or work and head over to the car to find someone trying to peak through the window with their hand on the window (to block the reflection from the sun). You can look but don't touch.

Now if only I could stop the ricers from pulling up and reving their engines. I can't stand the sound of a car farting.
Old 2/8/05, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

sounds kinda like a pissed-off bumble bee.
Old 2/8/05, 09:25 AM
Cobra Member

adrenlin; what you have to do is get your ride all muddied up like in that jeep commercial then when they go to peak through the window with their hands they will have mud on their hands and face.
Old 2/8/05, 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Thats why I don't live in Jersey, here in Maryland the sophisticated dawgs bust it in pimped out neons!
Old 2/8/05, 09:54 AM
Cobra R Member

I guess I've been fortunate... Only other Mustang fans/owwners come up to me... its cool talking to them about mods & stuff...
Old 2/8/05, 10:30 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Charlie, that was great!
Old 2/8/05, 10:40 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Originally posted by adrenalin@February 8, 2005, 11:00 AM
I have a lot of people asking about my car as well but what I hate the most is when I come out of the mall or work and head over to the car to find someone trying to peak through the window with their hand on the window (to block the reflection from the sun). You can look but don't touch.
That's when you start messing with them with the alarm panic button.

:nono:
Old 2/8/05, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dustindu4+February 8, 2005, 11:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ February 8, 2005, 11:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@February 8, 2005, 11:00 AM
That's when you start messing with them with the alarm panic button.

:nono:
[/b][/quote]

I LOVE doing that

Quick Reply: These Won't Stop People Talking To Me About My Car