2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Are there any "young" people going for a '05?

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/04, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gotta say I'm surprised how many sub-20 year-olds are getting brand new Mustangs. Ontop of that how many are actually having their parents endorse and help them buy one. I'm not trying to poo-poo on anyone but IMO everyone should start out with some middle of the road car to get used to driving... I can just see the masses of thrashed Mustangs because the kid didn't know how to harness the power she spits out.

My first car was a 93 Eclipse, and that would be my current car if it wasn't for a bad tranny that kept breaking. My second car is a 95 Civic which I still have... My 3rd and first brand new car will be the 06 Mustang.

I'm currently 23 and will be 24 when I get my Stang as I'm waiting for the 2006... I should be buying just 5 months out from getting the "25" insurance discount

**I'm getting a V6 pony because a) I think the V6 looks better overall w/o GT badging as well as the rims and the non-fog front. B) because I can't shell out in the ball-park of 26 to 28 for a fully loaded V8, c) the insurance is about $40 cheaper a month for the V6
Old 10/28/04, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dfhurleydude182@October 27, 2004, 9:09 PM
I was never really planning on getting one in the next few years, but I went and test drove one and we found out that I could take one home if I were to pay about $250 payments per month for like 6 years. I would love to have one and all, but I am not one to get into situations that take too long to get out of. I like to pay for my cars in cash. By the way i'm 16...
you like to pay for your cars in cash and you are only 16? how many cars have you had?
Old 10/28/04, 08:56 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ace0215+October 28, 2004, 8:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ace0215 @ October 28, 2004, 8:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dfhurleydude182@October 27, 2004, 9:09 PM
I was never really planning on getting one in the next few years, but I went and test drove one and we found out that I could take one home if I were to pay about $250 payments per month for like 6 years. I would love to have one and all, but I am not one to get into situations that take too long to get out of. I like to pay for my cars in cash. By the way i'm 16...
you like to pay for your cars in cash and you are only 16? how many cars have you had? [/b][/quote]
And how many banks have you robbed?
Old 10/28/04, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I am 23 and I am ordering my GT in December. I am waiting to order so that when it arrives winter will be over.
Old 10/28/04, 09:10 AM
V6 Member

20 Years old, goin to school and payin for my stang on my own. Work FT as leasing with hourly pay and commission. Not bad B) Cant wait for my dang order to come in! Who knows when that will be..... the cheapest insurance i have found is 210 per month and i have a clean record.
Old 10/28/04, 09:21 AM

I'm 20 and I ordered a GT. I have a clean driving record and the cheapest insurance I found was $225 with a high deductible. I work in real estate and will pay for it on my own but I'm just excited that I can find the insurance for cheaper than on my '03 Blazer since I pay $295 a month with $1000 deductible.
Old 10/28/04, 09:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Turned 25 this year. Have a Redfire GT sitting outside my apartment. Purchased on a Ph.D. student budget (not the easiest thing to do, btw).

I will say this, however. There is one upshot to having that witless degenerate in the oval office. Given the current levels of wage stagnation and labor market (non)mobility, we poverty and stratification researchers are absolutely swimming in grant money! Business in the Academy has never been better. So I tilt my hat to you, Dumbya (and all your little groupies). The more you botch everything up, the more we have to fix.
Old 10/28/04, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by Purple Hayz@October 28, 2004, 9:48 AM
Turned 25 this year. Have a Redfire GT sitting outside my apartment. Purchased on a Ph.D. student budget (not the easiest thing to do, btw).

I will say this, however. There is one upshot to having that witless degenerate in the oval office. Given the current levels of wage stagnation and labor market (non)mobility, we poverty and stratification researchers are absolutely swimming in grant money! Business in the Academy has never been better. So I tilt my hat to you, Dumbya (and all your little groupies). The more you botch everything up, the more we have to fix.
Aren't those the leftovers from the Clinton administration that you are referring to?
Old 10/28/04, 12:22 PM

20 here saving up as i go, i'm upto about 6000 now but it wouldve been 10 had i not gotten into an accident and have to dish out 4000 outta my own pocket earlier this year. The old man's tossing me 15k just like he did for my siblings so i'm not in bad shape. i'm quite surprised at how many teenagers are getting gts. i was only thinkin about getting a v6 with gas prices at 2.30 and all, insurance is another kick in the pants. if v6 power doesnt increase next year then i'm gonna have to go with a 06 acura rsx type s
Old 10/28/04, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I am 25 and currently drive what is on my sig right now. Planning on getting a GT sometime in March of 05, either that or I will wait to order an 06 in that Titatinum/Tungsten color.
Old 10/28/04, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Aren't those the leftovers from the Clinton administration that you are referring to?
Yeah, if you're on crack. :crazy: Wage stagnation began in the 80's under another brilliant Republican (How bout that Stars Wars program!) and escalated under Bush the Elder. To be sure, the downward slide continued for the first three years of Clinton's administration (3% decline in real wages through 1995) before the trend REVERSED and inflation-adjusted wages actually grew for the first time in over a decade (Danziger and Haveman 2001). You see, this sort of thing happens when an administration exercises sound economic policy, like raising the minimum wage (1996;1997) and implementing sweeping welfare reform (PRWORA 1996). Need I mention that this upward trend continued through the end of Clinton's tenure?

If your curious little mind is wondering where we've gone since then, I would direct your attention to the following chart from the Economic Policy Institute. Any other questions?
Old 10/28/04, 12:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

20 going on 21 November 21st, got one coming and due for Delivery next Thursday Nov. 4th, down payment made, 1500 under sticker price, will keep you posted with pics to come, I pay for everything, I have a full time job working at a trucking company here in NJ, I have Geico insurance which saves me a ton of money on car insurance......., i'm not like people who have parents buy cars for me, I learned the real way, things don't come free in life, such as car, i bought my first car which cost me a grand when I was 16, but I kept working and saving and had no help from my parents and all that saving paid off to being able to afford an '05 GT B)
Old 10/28/04, 01:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey guys!!

I've been lurking around the boards forever, and recently even started posting a little!! (ok this is like my third post.)

Anyway, I am 19 and ordered my stang on Oct. 8th:

2005 Gt Premium
Black w/Dark Charcoal leather int.
IUP
Shaker 1000
Side Air Bags

I am paying for it myself (network admins gotta have a little fun on the way to class... ). Ins is a little of 5k/yr. (3 tickets don't help that at all)

I currently own a '93 Ford Probe GT (black also) that I purchase by myself, as well as commandeering my Aunt's '98 Mustang on accasion for dates and such.

So to those who say those under 25 should start out with something mid powered, I would say I have worked my way through the mid range of cars, and I am ready for the...uhh...upper...mid...range...

oh yeah, and...

c:
Old 10/28/04, 01:06 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Purple Hayz@October 28, 2004, 11:33 AM
Yeah, if you're on crack. :crazy: Wage stagnation began in the 80's under another brilliant Republican (How bout that Stars Wars program!) and escalated under Bush the Elder. To be sure, the downward slide continued for the first three years of Clinton's administration (3% decline in real wages through 1995) before the trend REVERSED and inflation-adjusted wages actually grew for the first time in over a decade (Danziger and Haveman 2001). You see, this sort of thing happens when an administration exercises sound economic policy, like raising the minimum wage (1996;1997) and implementing sweeping welfare reform (PRWORA 1996). Need I mention that this upward trend continued through the end of Clinton's tenure?

If your curious little mind is wondering where we've gone since then, I would direct your attention to the following chart from the Economic Policy Institute. Any other questions?
uh oh :nono:
wn3d:

you gone and done it Holderca, you p'od a poverty and stratification researcher.
he brought out his sources and even posted a graph
Old 10/28/04, 01:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

23 and getting a GT the second a dealer will take my x-plan order.
Old 10/28/04, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by Purple Hayz@October 28, 2004, 12:33 PM

If it were only that cut and dry. Just curious as to why you brought up politics, this is a Mustang site.
Old 10/28/04, 01:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by holderca1+October 28, 2004, 1:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ October 28, 2004, 1:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Purple Hayz@October 28, 2004, 12:33 PM

[/b][/quote]
For a minute there I thought he was going to use the ole' Chewbacca Defense:

"Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee - an eight foot tall Wookiee - want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

What does that have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

None of this makes sense.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests." :scratch:

but I guess, "I know you are but what am I" works here too!

What were we talking about again?
Old 10/28/04, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

chewie didnt live on endor, he just celebrated the destruction of the death star with the ewoks. Oh crap, everyone knows im a nerd now!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10/28/04, 01:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@October 28, 2004, 12:54 AM
I just realized something... I am going to be one of THOSE people...

You know, the ones you look over at, and think, "how sad, trying to be young by driving a sports car". I remember looking at a 40-50 yr old in thier Vette, or Porsche, and wonder who they were trying to impress...

Now all you kids are going to be looking at me thinking the same darn thing! :P LOL!
Ah! you young whipper-snippers! Well Jessica, if you see a 53 year old, with snow on the roof [and I don't mean the car] crusing down the highway in an 05, or 06 Mustang, don't be alarmed!

That would be me, looking for a hook with you yungins!
Old 10/28/04, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1@October 28, 2004, 1:10 PM
If it were only that cut and dry. Just curious as to why you brought up politics, this is a Mustang site.
You would think it was, and I would be inclined to agree, save for the preponderance of annoying avatars and signatures floating around on this site. If you check my post history, you will see that I present my evidence on rare occasion (despite my inclination to take the "bait" more often....I have far too many students as it is), but know that when I do, you won't be getting some ****-ant little blurb or baseless opinion. Where I come from, EVIDENCE is the coin of the realm. For anyone with an even marginal understanding of the evidence, opinions are unnecessary. If you want spin, Fox News is available 24/7.

Sorry to rant, and sorry to single you out. I agree that "politics" have little place in a Mustang forum (though it’s a bit more that mere “politics” for some of us, either way, I do agree with you on principle). But if I have to take the jabs from every ignoramus that wears his political expression on his cyber-face, then I too will come out to play from time to time. And believe me, I'll bring more than campaign slogans and cutesy catchphrases when I do.

Rant off, mate.

Quick Reply: Are there any "young" people going for a '05?