2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Texas Innovation Drive

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/04 | 02:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Its at Texas Stadium through tomorrow (11-6). Wow. Just wow. This has happened many times before on the board, so I'll just post some snippets.

Different Ford GT:

Interior Ford GT: Look! A McIntosh Car Stereo! The Ford guy said Ford wanted an American Radio, so that's what they put in. I liked how it looks old '70s push button.

The Mustangs!: I was told there was a contest. You had to be the one closest to 38s on the course completion. Couldn't be below 38s at all, but the closest to 38s without going under. I got 43s...and freebie hat.

Really fun! I thoroughly enjoyed driving the GT. Alas, I'm waiting until Spring to hopefully buy one. Gonna be a loooooong wait.
Old 11/6/04 | 03:29 PM

Dangit Im moving to TX 1 month to late. Grrrrrrrr
Old 11/6/04 | 09:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Those are some nice pics, GhostTX! Thanks for posting, but can you post some more? Can't have enough pics of Mustangs! :worship:

I too have to wait untill spring at least before I get my new Mustang.

What were your impressions after you drove it? Did you like it? Details

What color did you like best after seeing it in person?

Anyways, thanks again. I had to work, got to get some MM (Mustang Money)
Old 11/6/04 | 10:03 PM
FR500 Member

falchion i feel ur pain im waiting till spring too!! hey man i got to drive it. and im honestly telling u its the most exciting and best car ive driven. i valet soo i driven my fair share of cars but the mustang is like no other to me. it feels like a $50,000 car. i liked the black ive seen everyone except sonic blue. the black is just amazing. and the IUP and ICAP r both to die for
Old 11/6/04 | 10:50 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Yea, I am a member of the spring club too! Spring sometime......Darling has decided he can't have a car that isn't growling at him(took him out to see both in person yesterday, he despises the v6).He must have a Gt. Says the 6 looks incomplete.

Was that not the most fun? I had a blast at Atlanta.

I must be losing my touch- I got a mustang launch invite in the mail today and chose to stay in and paint my wrought iron porch railings instead. I did get my new glamour, and opened to a page at random- was the give me your leadfood ad.
Old 11/7/04 | 12:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

I had a blast out there but 38 seconds in a Mustang is not enough time! This car is soooo much better than the 91 GT I used to own and the clutch is non existent compared to the weight lifter clutch in the 91. The course was way too short so I never got out of 2nd gear but it handled alot better than I hoped. I really can't wait now! I need another Mustang fix! Help me please.....
Old 11/7/04 | 06:51 AM
V6 Member

Is this still going on and is it by invitation only? thanks!
Old 11/7/04 | 12:00 PM
GT Member

Ford Innovation Drive will be in Houston at Sam Houston race Park on 11/13. You can register online at fordinnovationdrive.com, do not need an invite.
Old 11/7/04 | 12:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by kellera6@November 7, 2004, 7:54 AM
Is this still going on and is it by invitation only? thanks!
The one in Dallas was Saturday Nov 6th only. If you are close enough to Houston, it's well worth it.
Old 11/7/04 | 01:00 PM

Yeah, I already grove both the GT and the V6. Think I'll be getting the GT come spring. Like both the shifter and the way that it handles.....

Great car!
Old 11/7/04 | 02:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Per request!

It was totally a blast! My buddy got 49s on his run and however much time you were in it was not enough. You weren't allowed to get out of 2nd (but I did hear one person go to 3rd while I was watching). The car handled so well and was just an overall joy. I'm not an expert on handling, but I took the corners as fast I felt I could without being familiar with the car, and the Mustang ate it up. The real disappointment was that when we were done driving, there was no one in line, and they wouldn't let us drive again. "One drive only!"

Inside, I asked for the keys to the Mustang on display and the guys handed them to me, just asking I not start the car. My buddy and I played with the My Color and the Shaker 1000. Note in the interior picture, you can see the speakers behind the grill. One thing that did disappoint me that I noticed in the display Mustang. The absence of the dead-pedal. True, there an actual spot to put your foot, but no metal/platic "pedal" to make the dead-pedal spot, the dead pedal.

On my way back home, I swung by the dealership Falchion and I both visit and took a Legend Lime GT for a spin. I asked for an alternative route since the normal dealer route it chock full of construction and a slow highway. Kathy was so cool (the saleperson)! She let me go on the other non-congested route (820 Eastbound to Pipeline) and I had a ball. I had no idea I was going 80mph until I looked at the speedometer (gee...that's why I was passing all those cars). Absolute joy to drive! It was soooo difficult not to order one right there when we got back, but that whole "responsible" adult had to come into play in my mind.

I got to witness another person take delivery of his '05 Mustang that he ordered in April. He didn't get his front plate put on and I must say, definately the way to go. To see the car I just drove with a plate and then to see his without, I'll pay the fine if I ever get pulled over for not having a plate.
Old 11/7/04 | 02:59 PM

GhostTex you are da man! :worship:

Thanks! Those are some great pictures!

I'm glad I didn't go by Five Star Ford since Legend Lime green is my favorite color, I might have bought it right then and there..... :shock:

Looks like we'll both have to wait for a few months, but that time will fly, and then we'll be styling! B)

Thanks again, good job with the pics and all.