2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Swirl remover

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/11, 06:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swirl remover

Hey Guys,

I finally got up enough courage and money to complete the entire 9 yards in detailing.

I learned a lot for my first time go-round, but I need some opinions.

I used two different swirl removers, M205 and poor boys 2.5. They seemed to get most of the swirls out, but I can still see them when looking directly into a sun reflection or strong light. Poorboys seemed to do slightly better, but still left some swirls.

Does anyone have suggestions on a true swirl remover? I think my issue is that the M205 is a polish and swirl remover. Not sure.

I know some will be thinking that I have deep scratches other than just swirls, but I don't think that is the case. You can't see them unless you look hard and you cannot feel them. So I am not sure what to go with at this point.

Thanks.
Old 12/12/11, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LordRipberger
Hey Guys,

I finally got up enough courage and money to complete the entire 9 yards in detailing.

I learned a lot for my first time go-round, but I need some opinions.

I used two different swirl removers, M205 and poor boys 2.5. They seemed to get most of the swirls out, but I can still see them when looking directly into a sun reflection or strong light. Poorboys seemed to do slightly better, but still left some swirls.

Does anyone have suggestions on a true swirl remover? I think my issue is that the M205 is a polish and swirl remover. Not sure.

I know some will be thinking that I have deep scratches other than just swirls, but I don't think that is the case. You can't see them unless you look hard and you cannot feel them. So I am not sure what to go with at this point.

Thanks.
Do you apply and remove your swirl remover and polish with a circular motion? Or wash and dry your car with a circular motion? The marks may be generated by something else? Just asking.
Old 12/12/11, 07:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by antdog
Do you apply and remove your swirl remover and polish with a circular motion? Or wash and dry your car with a circular motion? The marks may be generated by something else? Just asking.
Swirl remover and polish were put on with a porter cable. When washing, it depends on what part I am washing. But for drying, I always dry in a circular motion.

I am using microfiber towels.
Old 12/13/11, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, well I haven't had much luck with the swirl removers either. Back Zanio's paint cleaner is awesome.
Old 12/13/11, 07:52 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What i use is a leaf blower or "Airwand" to get most ofthe water off and then i go in straight lines with a waffle weave drying towel
Old 12/14/11, 08:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only way to get all the swirls out is use a porter cable and/or wet sand
Old 12/15/11, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

http://www.tools-plus.com/show-car-detailing-pcdvd.html

i HIGHLY recommend it for the beginner detailer. i bought it AFTER i thought i knew everything there was to know about using the porter cable DA and i still learned some new tricks. that dvd is worth every penny. its the closest thing to going to a meguiars detailing class (which i have actually attended)
Old 12/15/11, 07:42 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by slipnotovk
http://www.tools-plus.com/show-car-detailing-pcdvd.html

i HIGHLY recommend it for the beginner detailer. i bought it AFTER i thought i knew everything there was to know about using the porter cable DA and i still learned some new tricks. that dvd is worth every penny. its the closest thing to going to a meguiars detailing class (which i have actually attended)
Or you could burn copies and send them to us.