2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

SVTOA MDA Poker Run

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/05, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took a cruise for the good this weekend. My 12 yr old son and I hooked up with Dave (MTAS) for the 1st running of the SVT Owners Association's Poker Run to benifit MDA. In the end, there were 81 total registered cars. Mostly 99-04 Cobra's and GT's with a few Saleens, a couple 94-98's, and some pre-70's classics and (sadly) only 3 '05's. Dave's MG, my LL, and an unkown driver in a black one. All in all it was pretty cool driving in packs of stangs from point to point from Clearwater to Tampa, about a 50 mile trip. Started out from Freedom Ford and went to Need for Speed's shop which had fresh 5.3L 4-valve Cobra motor on display, then to the PMP shop, these are the guys who make the Lambo door kits as well as the '05 front end to go on 99-04 stangs. They have some other cool projects coming, so keep watch on them. Then off to Brandon and the RevExtreme shop. These are mostly bow-tie guys, but they do work on stangs as well. They do dyno runs for $75 for three pulls and can work with you on tuning. Then to the final stop at Bill Currie Ford in Tampa. Here we turned in our poker sheets, bought raffle tickets and were treated to free hot dogs and drinks (my kids favorite part!). The Currie guys had us park our rides right outside the main entrance for all to see. For the next hour or so, it just a big, informal get together with all checking out all the nice rides, and there were a lot of them.

After all the cars made it in, the hands were tallied and the winner recieved a set of Lambo door hinges from PMR valued at nearly $2K (no, it wasn't me)! Dave split after that, but my son and I had bought some raffle tickets so we hung out till the end. My son wound up getting a ticket called and won EA Games Nascar Racing '05 PC game, and I won a nice new FORD baseball hat

All in all, it was a great morning. SVTOA, picked up close to $4K in proceeds, all to go to MDA. Met more nice stang owners and the cool rides. And it was all for a good cause. They plan on having another one in October in the Orlando, Fl area. So come on all you Fla '05 owners, (3 cars out of 81 is pretty weak!), get out and show-off your stuff and have a great time.

Here are a couple of shots of Dave's car and mine
jeff
Old 8/22/05, 02:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And here's a shot across the front showing just some of the cars. Dave's car plus a another Dave's Saleen and mine.
jeff
Old 8/22/05, 03:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool pics Jeff! Good seeing you again and hope to see you on Saturday at Legends Field Here's a cool slide show http://www.tampabaysvtoa.com/forums/.../pr05/pr05.wmv