2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

SVT is Gone?

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/06, 07:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
And the pisser is, just as easilly as they rebadged the ST170 focus and the ST200 Mondeo of yore, they could of easilly brought the new 5cyl turbo ST focus here. I guess ford doesn't think this will sell here without a rebate like the current caryover does. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

If time kept going on, this would have euro spec bumpers, and SVT labeled door sills and instrument cluster. Let me ask you guys this, if 'SVT' is not working on an SVTF right now, whos building these???

http://www.fordeumicrosites.com/en-g...sst/flash.html

Time would just stand still I guess without them. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

That ford will not bring the C1 his is physically painfull to ponder, almost as much as the F150 diesel. These 2 ideas have more requests then all the Focus's sold in the US over the past 5 years. If you even mention 'F150 diesel' within earshot of 5 people in a dealership, 4 strangers will walk over to you and talk about it for an hour in utter disbelief that it does not exist. And the 5th stranger will utter 'im not getting into THAT again' and walk away. I would venture to say that the absence of the C1 focus has cost Ford about 200,000 sales over the past 2 1/2 years just in the small car market. And the 'SVT' focus is still being made, just not here(or by SVT). So does Ford need SVT, or really just someone with at least half a brain(actually a quarter brain would already have the C1 here and not just with Mazda) in product line management.
Old 3/11/06, 08:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear about SVT. i liked ther product even though i never owed one. i always bought my cars but this time i leased my stang. reason being i havent owned an american car in over 20 years and didnt want the chance of getting disappointed ....meaning problems with the car. i have owned 3 honda's and a bmw.
i loved each one mainly due to the lack of service needed. so far my stang in one year had to be taken in for 1. door handle sticking, 2. gas tank not accepting fuel 3. struct bar popping 4. cd skipping every so often.....So i figure i wait and see if i want to keep it down the road.