I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The most important thing is you are ok

Material objects are worthless compared to your life and health

Hope they catch those punks
Old 10/2/04, 09:12 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok man...if the stories I've heard about HPD are true, they'll shoot the bastards on sight lol

Anyways, good to know you survived it and you did do the right thing. Just remember though, we do live in Texas and a concealed weapon is right for situations like that. I know if I lived in Houston I'd be straped.
Old 10/2/04, 09:36 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ponyboy66@October 2, 2004, 6:56 AM
Mass will NEVER have CCW.
Really? Cuz I have an unrestricted MA non-resident carry license. It's not hard to get.

Up here in NH we roll with machine guns. Here's a video of me with my UZI.

http://home.comcast.net/~dustindu4/Dustin_UZI.wmv
Old 10/2/04, 10:13 AM
V6 Member

houtex,

I'm glad to hear that you weren't hurt.

I had my '89 GT stolen shortly after I moved to Houston (irony - I grew up in Detroit and never had anything stolen from me in 18 years; moved to Houston and had my car stolen after one month).

The cops said that it would either turn up the next day stripped, or it would be a taxicab in Mexico City. Mine turned up the next day stripped. With a Mark VIII, it's probably across the border by now.

What part of town did this happen in?
Old 10/2/04, 10:46 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Glad you are alive!! Losing stuff is better than being dead, even though its still not good.

Like they said.........Works here in Bammy.

And I guess you are a phone guy too? Wish you were in Dallas.
Old 10/2/04, 12:00 PM
Cobra Member

Hey, Texas Flood, that's a great name!

I was driving in my Mark VIII this morning, and remembered this post. It got me thinking how awful it would be to be carjacked at knifepoint. I'd be pretty shaken up for awhile.
Old 10/2/04, 12:13 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66+October 2, 2004, 6:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ponyboy66 @ October 2, 2004, 6:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SickofMyVWAlready@October 2, 2004, 4:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-dustindu4
@October 1, 2004, 11:22 PM
Fight crime, shoot back.

Don't be a victim. If that happened to me there would be 2 dead Mexicans.

Amen!

SO sorry to hear about that man. It really pisses me off when stuff like that happens to someone. Start carryin', brother.

I so wish I could get a license to carry here in the left-wing fantasy land of Massachusetts.
I'm glad your ok.

Mass will NEVER have CCW.

Here in Michigan we do. I carry often. Wouldn't want to use it. But would in a heartbeat if in the same situation as you. [/b][/quote]
We do have licenses to carry, we just don't have a "shall issue" situation. Meaning we can be denied for no reason at all (and usually are). Anyway...

At least something good can come from it. You'll end up gettting your stang before I do.
Old 10/2/04, 11:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Thanks again all for the thoughts.

Yeah, I was pretty shook up, but hey, I got over it, if you can belive it. I had my little breakdown/outburst about 930p that night, and so I got it all out. Now, I'm kinda bored about it...

Well, not really. It's nice to have all the support I've been getting, except for Enterprise rent a car, they gotta have some kind of Picture ID or something to rent me a car. And I had had such high praise for them before that. Acutally I understand their position, but geez.

I've told the tale lots of times. Boooringgg...

Other than that, all bank/phone/etc is cancelled/reported stolen/what have you. I get to get a new licence monday, have figured out that there's no point in bothering with SS except to request a new card online, and have started to carry a nice, long, heavy, Ping putter. I'll just bash the skulls in with that. I think it'd reach farther than their knife.

The contents that are work related are covered under the company insurance, they say. Great, the computer they got wasn't mine...

Before this, I didn't think I'd ever feel like I needed a gun. But after this, I am seriously considering gettin' one of those conceal carry licenses. With two cop brothers, I think I could be trained...

And I'm lookin' forward to the adjuster calling my office and my not being there... Heh. I'll get it all straightened.

BTW, the licence plate for the 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII is W64 MXJ, and there's tape on the antenna to keep it extended, so it looks like a raccoon's tail. There's an orange 100 Club sticker on the rear window on the driver's side, and there's dark tint on it, it's green with gray interior, and goes by the name of "monstrosity". And there may be one or more Hispanics in it (the PC term. I have others that are more deserving for these two, but I'll stick with that for now...) and you have my permission to shoot them in the knee and ask questions later. If you happen upon the thing, that is...

Oh yeah, I don't think it'd make a very good taxi being a two door... But who am I to judge?

Finally, how long before they declare it lost? 3 days? 7 days? any idea? And who decides? The cops or the insurance?

/Wonders if he can get a White V6 with the red IUP without waiting long...
Old 10/3/04, 12:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Houtex, sorry to hear about the robbery and all but glad to hear you are handling it well. The concealed carry license is a good idea and I'm sure your HPD brothers will train ya well. The insurance company should be the one to decide when the car is officially lost. The license plate and VIN will always show stolen on the computer until it's recovered. Good luck and I will definitely watch for your car and have a nice conversation with the occupants if I should be so lucky to find it! I'll tell them you said hello!