2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Cool Pics of the GT500

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/15, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Cool Pics of the GT500

Hey guys, I thought I would share some of my favorite pics of the Shelby with my fellow mustang enthusiasts. She has truly been a wonderful part of the family but it's about time to let her go.

Last edited by hlyshft; 10/31/15 at 05:27 AM.
Old 10/31/15, 08:37 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Great looking car!
Old 10/31/15, 10:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Good pics......................" but it's about time to let her go. "........trading / buying something new ??
Old 10/31/15, 11:27 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Very nice car! Always loved those models! You will regret it once it is gone. You sure it has to go? Are you selling it? Give us details on the car...
Old 10/31/15, 11:49 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Unless your planning on either selling or trading in towards the new GT350 ? I think your making a huge mistake by letting your GT500 go IMHO..

As the 2007-09 models get closer to approaching their 10 year anniversary mark, you'll begin to see their value on the rise.. Then also take into consideration the 3 years since the passing of Carroll Shelby took place will also be another contributing factor to consider for both current owners and car collectors alike within the next couple of years as well..

With that being said, you have a very gorgeous Shelby GT500 and if I were in your place ? I'd strongly reconsider your decision of letting it go

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 10/31/15 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10/31/15, 12:35 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Beautiful car!
Old 10/31/15, 03:17 PM

double gt500

Thank you guys for the compliments, I appreciate it. Well, to answer the questions about “time to let her go.” Yes, I have considered selling the car and actually have it listed on a few other forums. I would really like to get back into HPDE track events again and I refuse to put this girl on the track because it’s just too nice. It’s also the fact that Carroll signed it a few years back at a car show and I feel like it should be cherished by someone and not driven into the ground on a race track.

If she sells, I have strongly considered the possibility of a GT350 for a track car (mainly the base model). But if the dealer markup is anything like it was on this Shelby back in 2008, people will be paying well over $60,000 for a new one. So time will tell on that one.

I honestly haven’t listed her to the masses yet eg. Autotrader, Ebay, etc… as I really want someone who is already an enthusiast to pick up the car or have first shot at it. I also don’t want to part her out considering how much thought was given to each and every mod that went into it to take it closer to a SuperSnake with long term reliability in mind.

I guess part of me is still on the fence inside, but I know she needs to go if I’m going to find a track only type of car.

So this is my ad below. Do you guys think I'm in the ballpark on price? I feel like it's very fair for what it is, the signatures, the tasteful mods, etc...
08 GT500. Third owner; close and personal friend of second owner. No accidents or bodywork. Non-smokers car. No food, kids or pets have been inside of it. Excellent history and all maintenance records along with receipts, original window sticker, build certificate signed by Carroll, etc. Carroll Shelby signed dash plaque and passenger side vanity mirror. Never been tracked or on a drag strip. Very clean car with low miles appx 19,800. Oil changes every 3k with synthetic oil. Ford Racing (FR) TVS M-6066 supercharger kit 605rwhp (over 4k retail), Baer color matched front brakes (over 4k retail), 50th Anniversary Shelby Alcoa wheels (4 on the car plus 1 each new in box front and rear, 3-20x9 3-20x10), HID, ambient lighting, and Shaker 1k. FR suspension kit, Bangastang radiator cover, KR brake ducts, CS side scoops, Shelby floor mats and trunk carpet (used for car shows), Homelink rear view mirror w/outside temp gauge.

All mods are were chosen to be tasteful, reliable, and well planned to mimic the SuperSnake. Long term performance and reliability were at the forefront when choosing parts. No huge high horsepower numbers from dyno runs here. A reliable 640ish bhp.

All original parts go with the car (e.g. OEM supercharger, OEM Brembo brakes, OEM wheels/tires, etc….) You will not be disappointed. Stored in my garage with the Ford/Shelby car cover kept on it. There are two/three small rock chips on the front and a small spot on the trunk where an edge of the blue stripe is starting to lift. The car has been driven on vacations, car show road trips, and out to dinner with the wife. All wheels are scuff free. Interior like new. It has been well cared for.

I'm currently on deployment but will return mid Nov. Please PM or email me at hlyshft@yahoo.com if you would like to talk, I would be more than glad to set a call time. Car is located in Las Vegas, NV. No joy rides and no trades please. New lower price: Asking a fair $33,900 for everything. More photos and V.I.N. available upon request. Title in hand.

Feel free to make a fair offer, I don't mind talking. I don't want to start parting out a perfect Shelby build just for the sake of lowering the price or trading it in to a dealership. This car doesn't deserve that and I think Mr. Carroll would be upset after giving his approval a few years back. Also, best of luck finding another one this well cared for and pampered for the $.

Not a bad price considering clean retail is $32,350 NADA value for a stock car in the 19,000 miles range. The Alcoa's alone were over $5k with tires.
Old 11/2/15, 12:55 PM

Reply attempt #4.
Old 11/2/15, 12:56 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
You're good! We can see your first reply. I've removed your 3 duplicate posts . . . .
Old 11/2/15, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
You're good! We can see your first reply. I've removed your 3 duplicate posts . . . .
Good copy. Thank you!

Probably bad internet on my part.
Old 11/2/15, 04:42 PM

So where's the OP replies ? I see only his original first post that he submitted
Old 11/2/15, 05:20 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
So where's the OP replies ? I see only his original first post that he submitted
Hmmm . . . that's weird. I pulled back out one of the duplicates posts and now I'm seeing duplicate posts again, but I'll leave them both. Darn internets . . . .
Old 11/2/15, 05:31 PM

Hmmm . . . that's weird. I pulled back out one of the duplicates posts and now I'm seeing duplicate posts again, but I'll leave them both. Darn internets . . . .
Now I see it.. But I'm not seeing any duplicates on my end so far.. The internet is definitely being really weird today for sure

I just attempted to submit a reply, but keep getting error messages that won't allow access stating that I don't have access permission..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/2/15 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11/2/15, 05:51 PM

v bulletin error

I was re-directed to the v bulletin section after attempting to submit a reply that stated..

m05fastbackGT, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
The Team Mustang Source section of the forums and high-resolution images in the Photo Gallery are accessible only to members of Team Mustang Source. Click here to join.
Old 11/2/15, 06:34 PM
Post *****

Got your PM, and I'm not sure what's going on with this particular thread. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!
Old 11/3/15, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I was re-directed to the v bulletin section after attempting to submit a reply that stated..

m05fastbackGT, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
That is exactly what I was getting. Strange... ha

Unless your planning on either selling or trading in towards the new GT350 ? I think your making a huge mistake by letting your GT500 go IMHO..
I was actually leaning towards the new GT350, but I have been informed that the MSRP will have and average ADM of $10k on top. So track pack sticker is coming out to around $58k, add $10k ADM, tax, title & tag... north of $70,000 wow .

If the right offer is presented on my Shelby someone will definitely get a great deal. Just seems like all the interest is out on the East coast or NE area and no one really wants to drive that far or have all the extra parts shipped.

I understand what you are saying about the car being a collectible. That is where the "on the fence" part comes in.

Last edited by hlyshft; 11/3/15 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11/3/15, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by hlyshft
Thank you guys for the compliments, I appreciate it. Well, to answer the questions about “time to let her go.” Yes, I have considered selling the car and actually have it listed on a few other forums. I would really like to get back into HPDE track events again and I refuse to put this girl on the track because it’s just too nice. It’s also the fact that Carroll signed it a few years back at a car show and I feel like it should be cherished by someone and not driven into the ground on a race track.

If she sells, I have strongly considered the possibility of a GT350 for a track car (mainly the base model). But if the dealer markup is anything like it was on this Shelby back in 2008, people will be paying well over $60,000 for a new one. So time will tell on that one.

I honestly haven’t listed her to the masses yet eg. Autotrader, Ebay, etc… as I really want someone who is already an enthusiast to pick up the car or have first shot at it. I also don’t want to part her out considering how much thought was given to each and every mod that went into it to take it closer to a SuperSnake with long term reliability in mind.

I guess part of me is still on the fence inside, but I know she needs to go if I’m going to find a track only type of car.

So this is my ad below. Do you guys think I'm in the ballpark on price? I feel like it's very fair for what it is, the signatures, the tasteful mods, etc...
I can certainly understand where your coming from and as much as I'd hate to see you part with such a gorgeous GT500.. I totally agree it would be much better if you sold the car to someone who's going to cherish it just as you have rather than use it for only track use..

I was going to suggest that if you can keep the GT500 and use it only for street use, you could then still buy the GT350 and use that as your track car, however being as your more than likely to see anywhere between a 5-15k markup ? I wouldn't be able to purchase a GT350 for close to 65k+ without selling the other first
Old 11/3/15, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by hlyshft
That is exactly what I was getting. Strange... ha

I was actually leaning towards the new GT350, but I have been informed that the MSRP will have and average ADM of $10k on top. So track pack sticker is coming out to around $58k, add $10k ADM, tax, title & tag... north of $70,000 wow .

If the right offer is presented on my Shelby someone will definitely get a great deal. Just seems like all the interest is out on the East coast or NE area and no one really wants to drive that far or have all the extra parts shipped.

I understand what you are saying about the car being a collectible. That is where the "on the fence" part comes in.
$70.000 is lot of money for a car that you would be using as just a track car as far as I'm concerned.. IMHO you would be far better off getting a Challenger 392 scat pack for $30.000 less with no ADM markup..

Here's something more to consider.. Watch how fast that $70.000 GT350 will depreciate in value if used primarily for track duty, as it won't be valued as a collectible.. That you can be sure of

Anyhow it appears the internet issues with your thread have been corrected, as I was finally able to post a reply to your previous post from yesterday..
Old 11/14/15, 02:01 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/14/15 at 11:58 AM.