2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

so i talked to my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10/13/04, 07:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well after calling the vopc yesterday and hearing that my 05 had been produced as of 09.22.04 i was really curious what had been going on with it recently.

so later in the day i tried giving the ford customer satisfaction center a call as well. after some researching the lady on the phone told me that her computer was showing an "estimated date" of 10.20.2004. she obviously didn't have access to the information the vopc provided because she wasn't sure if that was a production date or a delivery date.

so armed with my new information i took a trip out to my dealership here in texas yesterday evening. my guy saw me right away and came over to chat. i mentioned that ford.com says they have 1 v6 mustang in stock but he confirmed that the car is not actually there yet. he did, however, tell me that the inventory guy at their dealership made a little announcement at their monday morning meeting.

he said that the gentleman stood up in the meeting to give a brief rundown on the status of the '05 to help them with customer inquires and what not. so he goes on to tell me that their dealership is having 5 mustangs delivered: 1 v6, and 4 GT's. he also mentioned that all the GT's are already spoken for (i'm assuming mine being one of them) but the v6 is not. this is why i'm guessing their dealer inventory shows 1 v6 available but not other cars.

anyhow, he then tells me that the invetory guy said that the truck will be here next week. he wasn't sure if it was going to be the beginning of the week, or the middle of the week. but he did seem confident that the truck was going to be here then. (this fits in with the 10/20 date i received from the ford customer satisfaction dept.)

he knows i'm really exited and anxious about my car so he told me what he was going to do when the car arrived. he said as soon as he sees the truck coming, he's going to grab my paperwork with my VIN and run out to the truck where they're unloading the cars. once he finds my car he's going to have it pulled aside and send in for the PDI, then parked immediatly afterward somewhere behind the dealership, out of the way. he also said he was going to hold the keys so it isn't accidentally test driven or anything. sometime during all of this he's going to call me to let me know the car is in.

if all goes well, and the delivery of the car happens on wednesday of next week or so, i will be buying the car on friday.

B)

i also asked about the "CHAMPIONS" ford sticker i saw they stuck on the 500 inside the dealership. i told him i really, really didn't want that put on my car. nothing against the dealership, but i don't want anything on my paint. he said he would see what he could do, but that the GM didn't want any cars leaving the dealership without one. he did tell me it could be taken off very easily with a hairdryer though, but i'd rather it isn't put on at all.

anyhow...i'm really exicited about getting my car next week. i'm going to order my zaino bros. products as soon as i finish typing this message. he told me he's not going to even let them wash the car until i see it. i may let them rinse it off and clean up the inside, but i want the first things to go on it to be my zaino bros. polish.

one of my friends has already volenteered to help me wash and polish the car as long as i give him a ride in it. lol. sounds fair to me.

i'll keep everyone posted once something happens. i'm guessing a lot of people will probably getting their cars around this time, so they'll be a flood of stories and pics to read through.

Old 10/13/04, 07:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
Just remember, if you do not let the dealer prep the car, you may have a problem bringing it back for any small defect discovered later.

Make sure you look the car over in MINUTE detail before accepting delivery if they do not prep the car.

Otherwise, enjoy and send pics!
Old 10/13/04, 07:45 AM
wrb
V6 Member

Did you ever see the movie Ferris Buellers day off ? Do you remember the scene where they leave the car with the parking lot attendant ? That could be your mustang !
Old 10/13/04, 07:47 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Good to hear your car is coming.

You should remind your dealer that although GM puts dealer stickers on their cars, YOU DIDN'T BUY A GM!

I'd just say keep it off unless you want to pay me for advertising. The thought of taking a hair dryer to my new 05 makes my stomach turn.
Old 10/13/04, 07:48 AM
Bullitt Member

I think he meant General Manager when he said GM.
Old 10/13/04, 01:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Dan+October 13, 2004, 7:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ October 13, 2004, 7:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Good to hear your car is coming.

You should remind your dealer that although GM puts dealer stickers on their cars, YOU DIDN'T BUY A GM!

I'd just say keep it off unless you want to pay me for advertising. The thought of taking a hair dryer to my new 05 makes my stomach turn. [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-"ZERO"

the GM [/quote]

yeah i meant the general manager.

i am going to let the dealer prep. the car, but i don't really want them to wax it or put in polish on it before i've had a chance to go over it with a clay bar. i ordered all my zaino products today so that'll be here pretty soon.

thanks for all the well wishes, i'm really looking forward to it. it is my dream car after all.
Old 10/13/04, 01:51 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just tell him that if they put the dealership sticker on there, that you will require a $1,000 advertising fee for it.
Old 10/13/04, 01:54 PM
GT Member

Tell the salesman you will compromise on the sticker, and you don't mind them putting it on the back glass.

Then it becomes really easy to remove.
Old 10/13/04, 09:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

well i've got more news.

when i got home from work today, the General Manager for the dealer i ordered my car through had called and left a message for me. he said he was calling in regards to the call i placed to the ford customer service center.

he told me that my car had been producted, which i already knew from my call to the VOPC...but he said that it was NOT scheduled for delivery and had not been released to the convoy.

anyhow...i'm going to give him a call tomorrow and see if i can find out a little more information. i know they have 4 GT's on their way that are due next week, and i'm not sure why mine wouldn't be one of them since i ordered my car in june...and have been in there talking to the dealer since february. they initially wrote my order on a piece of graph paper.

needless to say i'm a bit disapointed, i was really getting excited to have my car. hopefully if it's not in this batch due next week...it will come shortly after.

i'll update this once i find anything out from the GM.

Old 10/13/04, 10:55 PM

that is disappointing, hope it comes soon! this board needs some more delivery pics.
Old 10/13/04, 11:24 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by ZERO@October 13, 2004, 9:47 PM
well i've got more news.

when i got home from work today, the General Manager for the dealer i ordered my car through had called and left a message for me. he said he was calling in regards to the call i placed to the ford customer service center.

he told me that my car had been producted, which i already knew from my call to the VOPC...but he said that it was NOT scheduled for delivery and had not been released to the convoy.

anyhow...i'm going to give him a call tomorrow and see if i can find out a little more information. i know they have 4 GT's on their way that are due next week, and i'm not sure why mine wouldn't be one of them since i ordered my car in june...and have been in there talking to the dealer since february. they initially wrote my order on a piece of graph paper.

needless to say i'm a bit disapointed, i was really getting excited to have my car. hopefully if it's not in this batch due next week...it will come shortly after.

i'll update this once i find anything out from the GM.

Question how did you get the VOPC number if it is only for dealership use? Just wanted to know.
Old 10/13/04, 11:49 PM
Cobra Member

The problem is it is only for dealerships. He did get it somehow, but that is between he and his dealer

Congrats though!
Old 10/14/04, 06:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by "elwhit95"
Question how did you get the VOPC number if it is only for dealership use? Just wanted to know.

i'll never tell.

maybe i should have said that the dealer AND i called the VOPC to check on my car.

i'm going to call the GM at around 9 or so and hopefully he and i will have a chance to chat. i really wish they could tell me exactly what was going on with my car. in his message he gave me a lot of, "...unfortunatly i can't give you that information" tied on to the end of his sentences. maybe in an phone conversation or even an in person meeting he could be a little more forthcoming.

perhaps the "estimated date: 10/20" that the customer satisfaction center had was a release date?

hopefully i'll find out soon.

Old 10/14/04, 07:44 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by wrb@October 13, 2004, 7:48 AM
Did you ever see the movie Ferris Buellers day off ? Do you remember the scene where they leave the car with the parking lot attendant ? That could be your mustang !
ugh! Knowing that if my car shows up at the dealer I will have to sleep in the car to make sure nothing happens to it.
Old 10/14/04, 03:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

well...

the GM of the dealership i'm going through called today, well returned my call from this morning, and delivered some bad news.

he confirmed that my car was built on the 13th of september, but he also stated that the daily report of all their cars shows that mine is still on the lot in michigan and has not been released or released to convoy.

he also said that they oredred a Ford GT that was build in june of this year and it still has not been released.

he went on to tell me that every car on the lot is inspected before it is released so that may be reason for the delay.

so unfortunatly it looks like my car isn't going to be on the next convoy unless somehow the information has gotten past them. i'm not sure how long it is going to take for it to come in, but i find it humorous that i was one of the first to order my car, but serveral 05's will be available and have already been sold at that dealership before mine arrives.

did mine get stuck in the back of the lot somewhere since it was one of the first to be produced?

what i would really want to know is if there is a timeline for when i can expect that my car is delivered. it would be stupid to have the lots full and them be selling cars while i'm waiting on mine to be shipped. if i could get a different car with all of the exact same features i guess that wouldn't be so bad...but i want the car model/options that i ordered.

anyhow...so what's what's happening.

i guess i'll have to wait around some more and see what happens. hopefully my car will arrive in at least november.

Old 10/14/04, 03:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's Too bad Steve, I know my status shows "Rail carrier" as of 10/10, but who knows anymore Interestingly the Red GT I took pics of Monday down the road, was built the same day as mine. There's no making sense of any of it :notnice:
Old 10/14/04, 06:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

ZERO, I am really bummed for you. I am hoping that somehow they have their messages crossed and that your car shows up on the car carrier. With all the messages you have gotten to date, I would think that its possible. Hang in there, there are many of us that are in a limbo state.
Old 10/14/04, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI on the dealer sticker, the advertising fee quote works very well. "Are you going to pay me to have it on there? Then don't put it on, end of story." This is not THEIR car, it is YOUR car. I don't care if the GM doesn't want cars leaving the lots without them. If he wants stickers on every car, then he can pay you for it. You are exchanging MONEY for a PRODUCT, you didn't get a discount for the sticker, so you don't have to have it on your car.

Oh, by the way, I have issues with the dealer sticker thing. I don't have it on any of my cars, and nothing makes me shake my head in disgust more than seeing someone with both the dealer sticker AND license plate frame on their car. Pitiful.

Sean
Old 10/14/04, 07:41 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@October 13, 2004, 8:51 AM
I think he meant General Manager when he said GM.
Me--> <---Dan
Old 10/15/04, 06:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by os121+October 14, 2004, 6:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (os121 @ October 14, 2004, 6:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>ZERO, I am really bummed for you. I am hoping that somehow they have their messages crossed and that your car shows up on the car carrier. With all the messages you have gotten to date, I would think that its possible. Hang in there, there are many of us that are in a limbo state.

[/b]

yeah me too. i'm just holding on to hope for now. the car will be worth the wait regardless, but i was hoping it would be arriving sooner than later. i'm hoping now that if it really is delayed that it will be here in early/mid november some time. guess we'll see.

<!--QuoteBegin-"azoufan"

FYI on the dealer sticker, the advertising fee quote works very well. "Are you going to pay me to have it on there? Then don't put it on, end of story." This is not THEIR car, it is YOUR car. I don't care if the GM doesn't want cars leaving the lots without them. If he wants stickers on every car, then he can pay you for it. You are exchanging MONEY for a PRODUCT, you didn't get a discount for the sticker, so you don't have to have it on your car.

Oh, by the way, I have issues with the dealer sticker thing. I don't have it on any of my cars, and nothing makes me shake my head in disgust more than seeing someone with both the dealer sticker AND license plate frame on their car. Pitiful.

Sean
[/quote]

yeah that's what i was thinking too. i told him i would even take one of the license plate things over the sticker, at least i know i can take that off when i get home. if they put it on my car i'm going to have them take it off...i really don't want my paint messed up because of a sticker.