2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So I go to the dealer...(quite a read)

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/07, 05:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it the DORA? Dealer Order Request Acknowledgment.

If so then your next thing is wait on it to be serialized and get your VIN.

Then you can get your window sticker and have blueovalforums check your status.
Old 8/17/07, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Ah. I ordered mine a day before yours Randy.
Old 8/17/07, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I noticed that. We'll have to see which one comes out first.
Old 8/17/07, 06:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by viiStang
Alrighty then...

So I got a dealer order receipt number... what should I do next??
As long as you have your actual order number, you can call the ERL and track where your car is. Until it actually gets pulled for production, there won't be any changes, and it will say clean/unscheduled". Once Ford pulls the car, and assigns it a VIN, then the fun starts, and you will get a schedule date for production (a week of date).
Old 8/17/07, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Sweet. Yeah I have the order number but the salesman told me it's not pulled yet.. How can I find out my priority #?
Old 8/17/07, 09:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

It is on your order ack. If it is 10 it is the best the dealer can assign. They give a priority for the builds of their individual orders.

Sweet. Yeah I have the order number but the salesman told me it's not pulled yet.. How can I find out my priority #?
Old 8/18/07, 02:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Once you get your VIN then you can go over to Blue Oval to track and even get your window sticker. I got mine! Here's a link!

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...howtopic=14397

Originally Posted by randy_tho
It is on your order ack. If it is 10 it is the best the dealer can assign. They give a priority for the builds of their individual orders.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2008 Pony Window Sticker.pdf (145.1 KB, 136 views)
Old 8/23/07, 03:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok so I placed my order on 8/2/07 and got my VOC that day. It's now been 3 weeks and my dealer still doesn't have a VIN #, they said that the order hasn't pulled yet.

Is this normal??
Old 8/23/07, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ok so I placed my order on 8/2/07 and got my VOC that day. It's now been 3 weeks and my dealer still doesn't have a VIN #, they said that the order hasn't pulled yet.

Is this normal??
It all depends on if they have allocation. BTW, what is your priority number on your DORA? If you haven't gotten a DORA, you should ask him for one.
Old 8/23/07, 03:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
It all depends on if they have allocation. BTW, what is your priority number on your DORA? If you haven't gotten a DORA, you should ask him for one.

Hey Jeff.

I have an order # but I don't know if that's a DORA #. He gave it to me on the phone. Do I have to pick up a DORA in person?
Old 8/23/07, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, they could mail it to you. That's what my Dealer did.

Hey Jeff.

I have an order # but I don't know if that's a DORA #. He gave it to me on the phone. Do I have to pick up a DORA in person?
Old 8/23/07, 07:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Should he have the DORA if I go there tomorrow? The dealer isn't far so I can stop by. How long after I get the VOC would the DORA be available?
Old 8/23/07, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got a VIN on Aug 17. My salesman has been faxing me info.

Scheduled build week of September 17.

A DORA is the report that your dealer gets back from ford when they place your order. It will contain a partial VIN that is derived from your chosen options. It simply confirms your chosen options.

At the top it will say Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment.
Old 8/23/07, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I got a VIN on Aug 17. My salesman has been faxing me info.

Scheduled build week of September 17.

A DORA is the report that your dealer gets back from ford when they place your order. It will contain a partial VIN that is derived from your chosen options. It simply confirms your chosen options.

At the top it will say Dealer Order Request Acknowledgment.
So we ended up ordering on the same day. I bet you'll get yours before me at this rate..
Old 8/23/07, 08:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

So we ended up ordering on the same day. I bet you'll get yours before me at this rate..
I actually optioned and ordered the car on the 2nd. I don't know when the dealer placed it. My VOC which is the printout when the dealer enters the order says 8-3. Anything can happen. I guess we'll see.

How big of a dealer did you order from? This place is in a smaller town but the biggest between two of the major cities. (Knoxville and Nashville) I don't know how much they move but I'd say quite a bit.
Old 8/23/07, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I actually optioned and ordered the car on the 2nd. I don't know when the dealer placed it. My VOC which is the printout when the dealer enters the order says 8-3. Anything can happen. I guess we'll see.

How big of a dealer did you order from? This place is in a smaller town but the biggest between two of the major cities. (Knoxville and Nashville) I don't know how much they move but I'd say quite a bit.
Well the guy said they're the #1 dealer in the area. He said other dealers sell 2-3 stangs a month they sell just about 10. So hopefully it holds true.
Old 8/23/07, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well the guy said they're the #1 dealer in the area. He said other dealers sell 2-3 stangs a month they sell just about 10. So hopefully it holds true.
I think if you have a real order number then you should have a DORA. Just ask for the printout that says "2008 Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement".

They should have given you this so you could confirm your options. After yours ships it should arrive quicker to NJ than TN.

*Edit: I just googled the distance and TN is like 80-90 miles closer than NJ. It's almost a straight shot South.
Old 8/23/07, 09:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

He would have the DORA within 2 days after ordering the car. On that sheet will be your priority number. If its a low number 10-15, your fine. If for some reason its in the high 20's to low 30's, then there is an issue and that's why the car hasn't been serialized yet.
Old 8/30/07, 03:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
He would have the DORA within 2 days after ordering the car. On that sheet will be your priority number. If its a low number 10-15, your fine. If for some reason its in the high 20's to low 30's, then there is an issue and that's why the car hasn't been serialized yet.
Alrighty so I stop by the dealer today to see if I can get my DORA and the salesman didn't know what it was. So he asked one of the managers upstairs and they gave him another VOC. They said that it is just the same as a DORA which I don't believe. I'm not hatin on my salesguy it's the management that I don't understand. Also he took me to the back and showed me the paper on the status of all the builds and my stang has STILL not been serialized no VIN nothing.

I guess the good news is that on the VOC he gave me it shows priority of 10. I just don't get why at this point I still don't have a VIN.
Old 8/30/07, 04:50 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Alrighty so I stop by the dealer today to see if I can get my DORA and the salesman didn't know what it was. So he asked one of the managers upstairs and they gave him another VOC. They said that it is just the same as a DORA which I don't believe. I'm not hatin on my salesguy it's the management that I don't understand. Also he took me to the back and showed me the paper on the status of all the builds and my stang has STILL not been serialized no VIN nothing.

I guess the good news is that on the VOC he gave me it shows priority of 10. I just don't get why at this point I still don't have a VIN.
If the VOC is all the idiot manager can give you, you may never get a VIN.
If they have ordered the car and Ford has accepted the order, they can give you a DORA.
Sometimes the managers feel there is too much info on the DORA for the customer to see. In that case, just ask them to give you a copy with just the info on when Ford accepted the order and the rest (prices) covered up.

Quick Reply: So I go to the dealer...(quite a read)