2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So I go to the dealer...(quite a read)

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/07, 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just put an order in for a Vista blue 08 GT.

The salesman said that I'd get 5.9% easy because of the amount I am financing. He said that ford generally offers around 8 on non promotion vehicles and that subsidizes the ones running the 0%.
Old 8/2/07, 07:29 PM
Bullitt Member

So what next? I get a tracking # from my salesman and call that ERL?
Old 8/2/07, 07:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
be sure and shop around for finance rates rates when your car comes in. The dealership will usally match it if not beat it. Go in informed so you don't get riped on the rates.
Old 8/2/07, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
be sure and shop around for finance rates rates when your car comes in. The dealership will usally match it if not beat it. Go in informed so you don't get riped on the rates.
Well at the moment the dealer has 5.9 apr and it is the best rate per my bank and Capital one. Hopefully it'll be lower when my car gets in, cuz even that is still a little high.
Old 8/2/07, 08:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by viiStang
So what next? I get a tracking # from my salesman and call that ERL?
I was told they get the order quote once they place the order then in a couple days get a confirmation from factory. Then I have about three days to make corrections. At that point I don't know.
Old 8/3/07, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by randy_tho
I was told they get the order quote once they place the order then in a couple days get a confirmation from factory. Then I have about three days to make corrections. At that point I don't know.
Randy, you actually can make changes up until the car is deemed "BUCKED" on the inbound list of cars. Once that happens, the car is being made as submitted to plant.

Speed, if your salesman didn't give you a VOC before you left (the paper showing all the options and price), then in a few days, they will get a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). This will show your Priority Code (the lower the better with 10 being best), and your 4 digit order number. This number is the one you can call ERL to get updates. To let you know, that number won't have any updates till they "pull" the car for production, and serialize it, and give it a schedule date. Congrats on the order and hope the wait isn't too long.
Old 8/3/07, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Randy, you actually can make changes up until the car is deemed "BUCKED" on the inbound list of cars. Once that happens, the car is being made as submitted to plant.

Speed, if your salesman didn't give you a VOC before you left (the paper showing all the options and price), then in a few days, they will get a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). This will show your Priority Code (the lower the better with 10 being best), and your 4 digit order number. This number is the one you can call ERL to get updates. To let you know, that number won't have any updates till they "pull" the car for production, and serialize it, and give it a schedule date. Congrats on the order and hope the wait isn't too long.
Thanks for all your insite! I did get that VOC, so I guess I'll wait till the DORA comes in.
Old 8/3/07, 08:29 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats, I'm waiting for my 08 as well. It's supposed to be built next week, and should be here by August!

What exactly did you order on your car? What you listed above? Were there any changes?

Well folks, after a horrible experience at one dealer I thought it was a bad omen that I would never get this car. I've been chasing this running horse for 4 years now, ever since I saw the concept pictures of the 2005 redesign. I've been creaming over the dual exaust that my friend had on his mustangs from 90-93. The monster I was never going to capture myself. I never thought that I was destined to have this car, and was going to drive 4 bangers for the rest of my life. Only settling for par, for what was on my plate.

After waiting anxiously to see if certain things fell into place properly. After deciding NOT to settle and to grasp what's rightfully mine... I have finally, after all this time, placed an order for a 2008 Stang GT. We only live once, and I sure as hell am not going to die without riding this horse!

The waiting begins...
Old 8/3/07, 08:34 PM
Cobra Member

Well folks, after a horrible experience at one dealer I thought it was a bad omen that I would never get this car. I've been chasing this running horse for 4 years now, ever since I saw the concept pictures of the 2005 redesign. I've been creaming over the dual exaust that my friend had on his mustangs from 90-93. The monster I was never going to capture myself. I never thought that I was destined to have this car, and was going to drive 4 bangers for the rest of my life. Only settling for par, for what was on my plate.

After waiting anxiously to see if certain things fell into place properly. After deciding NOT to settle and to grasp what's rightfully mine... I have finally, after all this time, placed an order for a 2008 Stang GT. We only live once, and I sure as hell am not going to die without riding this horse!

The waiting begins...

that my friend is the most motivating thing i've heard all day
Old 8/3/07, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220
that my friend is the most motivating thing i've heard all day

Sorry Falchion here's what I ordered:

GT Coupe PREM
(UA) Black
Dark Charcoal Interior
5 Spd Manual Trans
Int Upgrade Pkg
Charcoal Panel
Spoiler Delete
Active Anti-Theft
Wheel Locking Kit
3.55 LTD Slip
HID Headlamps
GT App Package
18 PRM Wheels (64E)

On that note. I'm going to begin to sell my 01 Jetta in the next few weeks. If anyone is interested (hopefully we all will be getting stangs) or anyone you know that's in or close to the NJ area, PM me for upcoming details.
Old 8/3/07, 10:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've got a copy of the dealer VOC and have a question regarding the Xplan price. The price shows as not quite .4% less than invoice. If I take .4% off my configured invoice, I'm at 75 dollars less than what they show as Xplan price. They have taken off 43.36 from invoice to arrive at the Xplan price. Are the 08's not doing the .4 off?

Originally Posted by 05fordgt

Old 8/4/07, 12:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got a copy of the dealer VOC and have a question regarding the Xplan price. The price shows as not quite .4% less than invoice. If I take .4% off my configured invoice, I'm at 75 dollars less than what they show as Xplan price. They have taken off 43.36 from invoice to arrive at the Xplan price. Are the 08's not doing the .4 off?
Hey Randy, X-Plan was always configured as being A-Plan price, times 4%. I just did the calculations on an Edge I have in stock. A-Plan price $31,615.77 times .04% and it came to $32880.40, which is $2 more than X-plan. So the calculation is still good, give or take a few dollars.
Old 8/4/07, 12:30 PM

That's close to what mine is. Congrats again!

I just spent about 3 hours putting together a work bench to help me do mods on my 08 pony when it comes in.

Now, I going to go to the home depot this afternoon to get some parts to install better lighting in my garage so that I can see to work on my pony when it comes in!

Sorry Falchion here's what I ordered:

GT Coupe PREM
(UA) Black
Dark Charcoal Interior
5 Spd Manual Trans
Int Upgrade Pkg
Charcoal Panel
Spoiler Delete
Active Anti-Theft
Wheel Locking Kit
3.55 LTD Slip
HID Headlamps
GT App Package
18 PRM Wheels (64E)

On that note. I'm going to begin to sell my 01 Jetta in the next few weeks. If anyone is interested (hopefully we all will be getting stangs) or anyone you know that's in or close to the NJ area, PM me for upcoming details.
Old 8/4/07, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Falchion
That's close to what mine is. Congrats again!

I just spent about 3 hours putting together a work bench to help me do mods on my 08 pony when it comes in.

Now, I going to go to the home depot this afternoon to get some parts to install better lighting in my garage so that I can see to work on my pony when it comes in!
Nicee

Yeah I don't think I'm gonna go mod crazy. As of now I'm just thinking of putting on a K&N air filter and finding a shorty antenna and possibly tinting the windows. MAYBE in the future a CDC ducktail spoiler. Chin spoiler as well, but I'm not 100% sure if I want the chin spoiler being that NJ roads suck!
Old 8/4/07, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Randy, X-Plan was always configured as being A-Plan price, times 4%. I just did the calculations on an Edge I have in stock. A-Plan price $31,615.77 times .04% and it came to $32880.40, which is $2 more than X-plan. So the calculation is still good, give or take a few dollars.
When I multiply the stated A plan price times 1.04 I get $29.40 less than the stated X plan price. It ends up being $72.76 under invoice.

Yeah I don't think I'm gonna go mod crazy. As of now I'm just thinking of putting on a K&N air filter and finding a shorty antenna and possibly tinting the windows. MAYBE in the future a CDC ducktail spoiler. Chin spoiler as well, but I'm not 100% sure if I want the chin spoiler being that NJ roads suck!
I'll be putting in better lights too I think.
Might put on a ducktail in the future. First things would be mirror covers, moleskin and tint, shorter antenna, and maybe a little later an axleback. Then maybe a rear blackout panel and possibly quarter louvers. I really like the looks of the Hurst shifter but don't like the problems people seem to have with it. Maybe the new model will be better. Or I think the MGW can be outfitted with the hurst handle but that seems wrong.
Old 8/4/07, 02:55 PM
Bullitt Member

When I multiply the stated A plan price times 1.04 I get $29.40 less than the stated X plan price. It ends up being $72.76 under invoice.

I'll be putting in better lights too I think.
Might put on a ducktail in the future. First things would be mirror covers, moleskin and tint, shorter antenna, and maybe a little later an axleback. Then maybe a rear blackout panel and possibly quarter louvers. I really like the looks of the Hurst shifter but don't like the problems people seem to have with it. Maybe the new model will be better. Or I think the MGW can be outfitted with the hurst handle but that seems wrong.
Randy if you're putting better lights on, how come you ordered the HID's?
Old 8/4/07, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Randy if you're putting better lights on, how come you ordered the HID's?
Lol... clarification. Regarding the garage lighting. Also a compressor.
Old 8/4/07, 08:11 PM

lol

Well I got the garage lights in and stopped by Pep Boys and bought all kinds of cleaning supplies for the new 08 Pony when it gets in. Got to get ready!

Good luck with your 08 order. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it when it comes in!

Lol... clarification. Regarding the garage lighting. Also a compressor.
Old 8/4/07, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks. You too.

Originally Posted by Falchion
lol
Good luck with your 08 order. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it when it comes in!
Old 8/17/07, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Alrighty then...

So I got a dealer order receipt number... what should I do next??

Quick Reply: So I go to the dealer...(quite a read)