2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Shelby info direct from the source?

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/05, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just spotted this over on svtperformance.com. and thought people might be interested. The post was from a guy by the handle of 1993cobramustan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caroll Shelby Spills the Beans on 2007 Cobra

While listening to a local California Radio show on 790AM, a very interesting event happened. The shows personality, a well known local individual by the name of Leon Kaplan AKA the "Motorman", had Carroll Shelby on today...When the questioning got to the issue of a new Cobra Mustang, Carroll Shelby confirmed that the car will be the "Shelby Cobra", it will have a "5.4 liter, 4-valve per cylinder motor". I believe he stated the Horsepower to be in the 500 plus range. " He also said the vehicle will be priced reasonably for what is being produced......He mentioned it will be at the NY Show on the 25th of March....I almost had a heart attack on the Freeway, while listening to the program, but I think the cloak of mystery is being pulled off the new Cobra, very quickly now....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems to be about as reliable as they come if the post is what it appears to be.
However, while I like the part about "He also said the vehicle will be priced reasonably for what is being produced......" I am starting to get an uneasy feeling about 3 additional words that keep popping up......

"Adjusted Market Value"

Those have got to be the 3 dirtiest words in the English language right about now.
Old 2/28/05, 05:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The reason they are dirty is because there are idiots out there willing to pay them. If we could just get those people to not pay them, they would go away. I walked away from an '03 vert because of a 5K AMV. That dealership was calling me within 1 month to reduce the AMV. They eventually got to sticker. By the time they did, I had seen the Concept and decided to wait.
Old 2/28/05, 05:45 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the info. I hope it is real, not outlandishly priced and with the visual aesthetics relayed in earlier posts, ie: ducktail, functional hood scoop...
Old 2/28/05, 07:57 AM
I'm people, and I like.

cant wait!
just 25 more days til it is shown!!! :spin:
Old 2/28/05, 08:19 AM
V6 Member

What do you suppose the millionaire Carroll Shelby considers a reasonable price?
Old 2/28/05, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse@February 28, 2005, 6:31 AM
The reason they are dirty is because there are idiots out there willing to pay them. If we could just get those people to not pay them, they would go away. I walked away from an '03 vert because of a 5K AMV. That dealership was calling me within 1 month to reduce the AMV. They eventually got to sticker. By the time they did, I had seen the Concept and decided to wait.
That's a bit of reverse logic, don't you think? It's almost like saying if no one would have nice cars that auto theft would cease to exist. :scratch:
Old 2/28/05, 09:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Loch@February 28, 2005, 9:22 AM
What do you suppose the millionaire Carroll Shelby considers a reasonable price?
now thats funny! what did his shelby version 1 go for?? how about his new gt500e?
Old 2/28/05, 10:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by wsmatau+February 28, 2005, 11:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wsmatau @ February 28, 2005, 11:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse@February 28, 2005, 6:31 AM
That's a bit of reverse logic, don't you think? It's almost like saying if no one would have nice cars that auto theft would cease to exist. :scratch:
[/b][/quote]

I would have to disagree w/ you, wsmatau. That's 2 totally different comparisons. Some dealers are crooks and some buyers are stupid. Put them together and you get a rich donkey named jack and stinker who contributes to B.S. like $7K AMV's. If the consumer were propperly informed before paying ____ for a car because thats what the guy told you when you asked.

I wonder what its like living w/o a conscience?
Old 2/28/05, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by conv_stang+February 28, 2005, 11:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(conv_stang @ February 28, 2005, 11:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Loch@February 28, 2005, 9:22 AM
now thats funny! what did his shelby version 1 go for?? how about his new gt500e?
[/b][/quote]

I believe the Shelby Series 1 was $89k plus? I'm sure you could find one in DuPont Registry.

That car was THE only reason I watched that terrible movie, Rollerball. I should have stopped about 8 minutes into it.
Old 2/28/05, 10:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by wsmatau+February 28, 2005, 11:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wsmatau @ February 28, 2005, 11:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse@February 28, 2005, 6:31 AM
[/b][/quote]
no, what I am saying is if you refuse to pay markup, they stop charging markup. The terminators had markups until the sales slowed down, then suddenly, there were rebates. the sooner the sales slow down (in other words, no one paying the AMV), the sooner the price drops. Supply and demand my friend.
Old 2/28/05, 10:50 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
SVT and SEs all had AMV up to half way through their MY production runs. The new Cobra will be no different. The consolation is that by the time it comes out all the hoopla for the Vette will be over and deals will be available. Who knows, Ford dealers might have some additional competition on the way they can't possibly imagine at this time.
Old 2/28/05, 12:52 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I just emailed him @ KABC to confirm. Doubt I'll hear anything back, but I'll certainly post it if I do.
Old 2/28/05, 01:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by StangNut@February 28, 2005, 2:55 PM
I just emailed him @ KABC to confirm. Doubt I'll hear anything back, but I'll certainly post it if I do.
good idea. I looked him up this am to see if there really is such a guy on such a station. There was, but, I didn't think to email. Let me know what you hear.
Old 2/28/05, 01:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes...............Please.....................don't ......................keep...................us... .............waiting.
Old 2/28/05, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Stangnut! we'll be watching. $7000, I still can't get over that one! :scratch:
Old 2/28/05, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Merlot@February 28, 2005, 3:57 PM
$7000, I still can't get over that one! :scratch:
Love your signature and yes, $7K over invoice here in the great state of GA.
Old 2/28/05, 02:21 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Putawaywet@February 28, 2005, 3:40 AM
I just spotted this over on svtperformance.com. and thought people might be interested. The post was from a guy by the handle of 1993cobramustan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While listening to a local California Radio show on 790AM, a very interesting event happened. The shows personality, a well known local individual by the name of Leon Kaplan AKA the "Motorman", had Carroll Shelby on today...When the questioning got to the issue of a new Cobra Mustang, Carroll Shelby confirmed that the car will be the "Shelby Cobra", it will have a "5.4 liter, 4-valve per cylinder motor". I believe he stated the Horsepower to be in the 500 plus range. " He also said the vehicle will be priced reasonably for what is being produced......He mentioned it will be at the NY Show on the 25th of March....I almost had a heart attack on the Freeway, while listening to the program, but I think the cloak of mystery is being pulled off the new Cobra, very quickly now....

Seems to be about as reliable as they come if the post is what it appears to be.
However, while I like the part about "He also said the vehicle will be priced reasonably for what is being produced......" I am starting to get an uneasy feeling about 3 additional words that keep popping up......

"Adjusted Market Value"

Those have got to be the 3 dirtiest words in the English language right about now.

He could be talking about the production version of the two seater V10 roadster concept. Notice he never said Mustang.
Old 2/28/05, 02:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by anaki+February 28, 2005, 3:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(anaki @ February 28, 2005, 3:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Putawaywet@February 28, 2005, 3:40 AM

"Adjusted Market Value"

He could be talking about the production version of the two seater V10 roadster concept. Notice he never said Mustang.
[/b][/quote]

See highlighted and underlined words above.
Old 2/28/05, 02:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by slavehand+February 28, 2005, 3:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slavehand @ February 28, 2005, 3:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Merlot@February 28, 2005, 3:57 PM
$7000, I still can't get over that one! :scratch:
Love your signature and yes, $7K over invoice here in the great state of GA.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks slavehand. came from my mother-in-law. she's pretty cool! $7k, ......................and I thought MSRP was bad
Old 2/28/05, 02:55 PM
Cobra Member

Quick Reply: Shelby info direct from the source?