2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Shaker 500 generating static/wind noise sound in speaker

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/07, 06:56 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Shaker 500 generating static/wind noise sound in speaker

Well, my stang is over a year old now, past 20K miles. And, it seems I might have my first problem with it.

I noticed the other day that there seemed to be a new occasional sound, kind of like soft static or wind noise. Well, tonight I located the source of that sound.

I was sitting in a parking lot eating lunch. Car was off, stereo was on, volume about 1 bar, listening to the same MP3 cds I've had in the car for the last 8 months or so.

Shhhhhhhhh. Shhhhhh. Shhhhhhhhhhh. There's the static/wind noise sound. It's coming from the upper driver door speaker. The speaker is not cutting out, there is just this sound being generated over the top of the music. Sometimes it only lasts a second, longest has been maybe 7 seconds. It seems to be random, but fairly frequent, maybe every 30 seconds - 1 minute between noises.

I suppose the head unit is generating this noise? But, it seems odd that it would be going to only 1 out of 8 speakers.

Ideas? (Other than replace the Shaker500 and speakers.) I have not reset the unit yet, I will do that tomorrow when I get off work.
Old 1/7/07, 07:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

you have to remember these are factoory speakers with paper cones, they will wear out over time and use, a replacement even, factory replacement, would be a good idea
Old 1/8/07, 12:24 PM
Cobra Member

The Shaker 500 I had in my 2005 GT made the random white noise sound. I sounded like the test signal you'd use to set up a home surround system. It was noticable when the system was playing low, and would start an stop at various intervals. I didn't keep the car long, so I never got a chance to disgnose the problem.
Old 1/8/07, 12:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had the same problem with the speaker in my 06 (drivers side door) and I took it in and had them replace it. Though your going to have to confirm that it does it with regualr CD's and not just burned ones for them to agree that the speaker is faulty and that it's not your burned CD's.