2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

seriously though...

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/04 | 09:30 AM
GTR Member

Face it guys, there are morons no matter what you drive. :notnice:

Pete, I know what you're say about bikers though. As an ex-rider myself, the number of inexperienced riders on the road is huge. Here in PA, we have seen a 'pop' in the number of motorcyclists killed, because they don't have enough experience to properly handle a high performance bike.

The same does go for Mustang drivers as well.

Any vehicle + lots of power + inexperienced operator = bad news

ZERO, was it a full moon last night or something? I noticed that there were a lot of 'oblivions' (oblivious morons) on the road last night.
Old 11/14/04 | 09:37 AM
Bullitt Member

You can't cure stupidity though. I'm a teacher, believe me I have tried.
That's pretty good.
Old 11/14/04 | 09:40 AM
I Have No Life

Rob exaclty,

its the same goes for any unsafe vehicle operation.

Most of the time I see cars and bikes perform some utterly retarded manuever that puts other people at risk.
And when I say biker, I should narrow it down ... its usually the crotch rockets as opposed to touring/harley/etc bikes.

Maybe I should have said this as a disclaimer as to not offend the offended
***100% of the moron crotch rocket riders are morons
***100% of the non-moron crotch rocket riders are NOT morons
Old 11/14/04 | 10:04 AM
FR500 Member

i have a similar story. im driving my v6 chevy malibu (till i get my 05) soo one of this guys from work had this riced civic. soo were on i-80 here in north NJ. we were both goin like 80 lined up next to eachother. he dont gimme a chance and he goes sooo i floored it(rediculous in a malibu but i live for this haha) and i flew past him and held my speed. i never knew about the hazard thing sooo i hit the breaks cuz there was a car in front of me sooo like 5 seconds later while im goin 65 hes goin 100.....like he didnt see my breaklights soooo he does the rice flyby as i hit my breaks and throws his hazards on...im like nice rice really nice. u think u won
Old 11/14/04 | 10:24 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

Einstein said, "the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits". Or "the two most common elements are hydrogen and stupidity".
Old 11/14/04 | 10:39 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Zero you should have gotten his plate and filed a complaint against him. tell the cops you want him ticketed or killed or something
Old 11/14/04 | 11:00 AM
GTR Member

I would go hutning for him and trash him in a parking lot somewhere or even race him on the shoulder. I hate EVERYTHING made by GM or a company from a foreign continent. The only vehicles that should be raced are Ford Diesels and Mustangs, and lightnings.
Old 11/14/04 | 11:34 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

Doug.... breathe in through the nose, and out through the mouth -- full deep breaths (5 times). Think peaceful thoughts, and try to let some of that anger go. (Seriously). If you feel you have to hunt the morons down, it probably isn't about that event -- but about other issues you're holding on to. Deal with them, and you'll be a lot happier person. (I'm not trying to sound condescending or papal, just those issues of having to get back at the idiots, or having to win are not constructive for your life). You'll have much more power over your life, and a lot less angst, when you can let that stuff go.
Old 11/14/04 | 11:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 68ShelbyGT500KR@November 13, 2004, 7:46 PM
There are alot of "Crazy" drivers out in the Houston/Katy area! What is your insurance like on your 05? What company?
my insurance for 2 cars: a 2005 mustang GT and a 1998 chrysler sirrus is now around $1500.00/year. we have 250,000/500,000/100,000 for our coverages. and we use progressive.
Old 11/14/04 | 11:53 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Originally posted by dke@November 14, 2004, 1:37 PM
Doug.... breathe in through the nose, and out through the mouth -- full deep breaths (5 times). Think peaceful thoughts, and try to let some of that anger go. (Seriously). If you feel you have to hunt the morons down, it probably isn't about that event -- but about other issues you're holding on to. Deal with them, and you'll be a lot happier person. (I'm not trying to sound condescending or papal, just those issues of having to get back at the idiots, or having to win are not constructive for your life). You'll have much more power over your life, and a lot less angst, when you can let that stuff go.
ok maybe not killed but at least given a good hiding!
Old 11/14/04 | 11:57 AM
GTR Member

Just carry a box of Uncle Ben's in car with you. Next time something like this happens, point to their car, then point to the box, and wave bye. Guaranteed to get a rise out of them!
Old 11/14/04 | 11:58 AM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by Boomer@November 14, 2004, 10:43 AM

And when I say biker, I should narrow it down ... its usually the crotch rockets as opposed to touring/harley/etc bikes.

Maybe I should have said this as a disclaimer as to not offend the offended
***100% of the moron crotch rocket riders are morons
***100% of the non-moron crotch rocket riders are NOT morons
Fair enough...
Old 11/14/04 | 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

A while I was going down the east-west highway through town. It's a 4-lane with the speed limit at 55. I was already doing 60 down down it... Then this pack of "Fast & Furious" idiots come blaring down the highway easily doing 80+ and instead of passing me they start going out into the emergency lane fly around me on ever side. I catch up with them at a stop light about a mile down the road. They start burning out at the stop light creating a big black cloud that nobody could see through... As the light changes they all fanned out to the e-lanes and blared down the high at 80+ again.

I made a quick call to 911 and by the time I got off the highway I saw three on the side of the road with the local state and county officers.
Old 11/14/04 | 12:05 PM

Originally posted by mr-mstng@November 14, 2004, 1:00 PM
Just carry a box of Uncle Ben's in car with you. Next time something like this happens, point to their car, then point to the box, and wave bye. Guaranteed to get a rise out of them!

That was funny!!!!
Old 11/14/04 | 12:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mr-mstng+November 14, 2004, 10:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mr-mstng @ November 14, 2004, 10:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Face it guys, there are morons no matter what you drive. :notnice:

Pete, I know what you're say about bikers though. As an ex-rider myself, the number of inexperienced riders on the road is huge. Here in PA, we have seen a 'pop' in the number of motorcyclists killed, because they don't have enough experience to properly handle a high performance bike.

The same does go for Mustang drivers as well.

Any vehicle + lots of power + inexperienced operator = bad news

ZERO, was it a full moon last night or something? I noticed that there were a lot of 'oblivions' (oblivious morons) on the road last night. [/b]

i dunno if it was a full moon...but he was deffinatly posessed by something. probably fell outta the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down...

twice.

Originally posted by "burningman"@
Zero you should have gotten his plate and filed a complaint against him. tell the cops you want him ticketed or killed or something
i like the way you think. i probably wouldn't need to do anything to help him along with death. at that rate he's helping himself out. that was seriously the most mornonic manuever i have ever seen anyone do...even in the fast and the furious movies. the had 0 room to move and probably came within fractions of an inch of causing a multiple car wreck...it was really bad.

i'll have to take your advice too, robert. next time it happens just look at him and laugh, or point at myself and my car as if to say, "me? are you serious? you must mean the civic on the OTHER side of me, cause you're outta your mind."

<!--QuoteBegin-"MindControl3"

I have to apologize. This guy in the focus was probably from my generation (i'm 19). Alot of them don't understand that an economy car probably can't beat a mustang stock (no doubt he's a ricer at heart). Or maybe that there is a reason for a fast car like the mustang to have a motor twice as big as almost any focus out there. If I ever pull up to a 2005 mustang gt in anything that has less than 250 horsepower, I would just honk and give a thumbs up. Maybe he'll learn one day before it's too late. [/quote]

no need to apologize for your age-group. not everyone who is 19 is an accident waiting to happen, there's always a few out there who really don't get it...just don't do anything like that yourself and that's enough redeeming grace for the rest who make the mistakes.

Old 11/14/04 | 12:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by garyr2548+November 14, 2004, 2:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (garyr2548 @ November 14, 2004, 2:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mr-mstng@November 14, 2004, 1:00 PM

That was funny!!!! [/b][/quote]
Old 11/14/04 | 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MindControl3@November 14, 2004, 10:03 AM
Maybe he'll learn one day before it's too late.
Yeah....he'll learn.....the hard way!!! While he's layin on a hospital bed sippin his lunch through a straw!!!
Old 11/14/04 | 02:31 PM
Post *****

geezus. some ppl. i finally understand why my parents havent let me buy my car. w/ ppl like that, my insurance would cost me more per month than the car! but i still want one....

lucky me, there arent too many ricers around here. i spot a few every now and then, but they're usually older guys (30?). yeah, i dont get it either. actually, there are more muscle cars here than ricers. but what most ppl (my age) are doing around here is lifting their trucks n putting huge off-road tires n stuff on em. which isnt a problem cuz most of these guys have the power to back up the looks and they do take their trucks off road. unlike ricers, who can only pretend to be fast.
Old 11/14/04 | 02:36 PM
GT Member

All I need to do - to keep me from racing while on my bike is ...

Just remember it is a Harley lol. Sounds good - accelerates ...... well it sounds good lol.
Old 11/14/04 | 03:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I enjoy my stangs and enjoy my CBR 954 ( crotch rocket) but I have never understood souping up a front drive car, always thought they looked stupid doing a burnout and why does a nissan sentra need a monster tach.