2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The SCOOP part 3

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/04, 07:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dealers also tend to order vehicles as flashy and loaded as possible if they are limited, why wouldnt you for the showroom? The main thing is now the ball is really rolling and dealers should have the information to take an order, process the order, and actually get a car built. I think everyone worries WAY WAY WAY WAY too much about price What does it really matter if its 25 or 26k? If you can get more then $750 off of msrp then I wouldnt feel "bad" about it. These are by NO means killer proffit cars for dealers. The money is all in trucks and used vehicles, believe me. People are waiting 8 months and paying 3k over sticker for Prius right now, and the car does not even nearly deliver as promised. With all the new hybrids in the works, this "enigma of technology" will be the cheapest kid on the block in 2 years. Those people are getting hosed. How much under sticker do you think Ford dealers sold the '64 mustang for? Value is perception and if the product stirs you over the long run, not just dollars. I have customers now asking to pay 5k over sticker for dibs on the first Hybrid Escapes, the time they save in HOV and being able to go in all weather is worth more to them then what the dealer proffit is. When was the last time you checked "cost" on a pair of Nike's, a Coach purse, or a plasma TV? THe cost to retail ratio dwarves an automobile. US dealers have been giving WAY more away then they keep for years now, now there is a product worth its price for a change. Price wars up front kill resale in the long run. Its all the same money you move around. Want new cars at invoice with 3000 in rebates new, well don't whine when your GT trades in at $10000 bucks in 3 years. B)
Old 6/8/04, 07:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by derynf@June 8, 2004, 6:17 PM
Kev,
Just checked with my dealer to make sure mine will be ordered. I got this response:

Your Mustang has been ordered. The first part of the vin number is VHT82H5
and the receipt date for the order to Ford was May 25, 2004.

###
I havent seen a Ford made in the US with a vin starting in anything other then 1F They wont have a VIN untill it is actually IN the factory BEING made.
Old 6/8/04, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120+June 8, 2004, 6:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ June 8, 2004, 6:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-derynf@June 8, 2004, 6:17 PM
Kev,
Just checked with my dealer to make sure mine will be ordered. I got this response:

###
I havent seen a Ford made in the US with a vin starting in anything other then 1F They wont have a VIN untill it is actually IN the factory BEING made. [/b][/quote]
mmmm maybe order #?

maybe new vin for new factory.

I'll get back to you when i find out
Old 6/8/04, 07:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

They CANT have a VIN, must be an order number. No biggie either way. Its something easy to track.
Old 6/8/04, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by kevinb120+June 8, 2004, 7:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ June 8, 2004, 7:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-derynf@June 8, 2004, 6:17 PM
Kev,

###
I havent seen a Ford made in the US with a vin starting in anything other then 1F They wont have a VIN untill it is actually IN the factory BEING made. [/b][/quote]
I am pretty sure all vehicles made in USA have VIN #'s that start with 1. 1 is the country code. harley vins start with 1HD.

but as always i could be wrong.

i think my last stangs vin was 1FACP or something... havent had it in 8 yrs suprised i remember that much.
Old 6/8/04, 08:07 PM
GT Member

Thumbs down

I received the following email from my salesman today concerning the black 2005 GT I ordered through him about 2 weeks ago:

"Joe, Your Order # is **** your order is unscheduled and Clean meaning that is just waiting on a slot at the plant. This status most likely not change till some time in July".

Does this mean that my order has actually been placed with Ford or do I need to keep riding my salesman to make certain he get's the order placed?

Thanks in advance for your help. This forum is great
Old 6/8/04, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just asked my sales person if he was right about that number because I just had found this informatoin:

(Example: Ford VIN Decoder - VIN: 2FTRX18W1XCA01212)

The first three characters signify the make of the car, usually as follows: The first character of your VIN represents the country of manufacture
1 = USA J = Japan Y = Finland, Sweden
2 = Canada K = Korea
3 = Mexico W = Germany

The second character represents the manufacturer or make of the vehicle, as follows:
A = Alfa Romeo, B = Dodge, C = Chrysler, D = Daihatsu, E = Eagle, F= Ford/Eagle,
G = All General Motors vehicles (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saturn)
H = Honda/Acura, J= Jeep, L = Lincoln, M = Mitsubishi, N = Nissan/Infiniti, P = Plymouth,
S = Subaru, T = Toyota/Lexus, V = Volkswagen

Other makes use a 3-character combination:
TRU/WAU = Audi, 4US/WBA/WBS = BMW, 2HM/KMH = Hyundai, SAJ = Jaguar,
SAL = Land Rover, 1YV/JM1 = Mazda, WDB = Mercedes-Benz, VF3 = Peugeot,
WP0 = Porsche, YK1/YS3 = Saab, YV1=Volvo, 8 = Isuzu

The fourth character is the type of restraint system or brake type:
For the Ford VIN Decoder, the R represents hydraulic brakes

The fifth, sixth & seventh characters are the car line, series and body style
This will obviously be different for all makes, but let's use the Ford VIN Decoder example above: Characters 5, 6 & 7 are X18: X18 is a Ford F150 Pickup 4WD Super Cab

The eighth character is a description of the engine:
This will be different for all makes as well, so let's use the Ford VIN Decoder example again: Character 8 is a W: W represents a 4.6 liter V-8 engine

The tenth character represents the year of the car. Pay close attention to this one:
B = 1981 F = 1985 K = 1989 P = 1993 V = 1997 1 = 2001
C = 1982 G = 1986 L = 1990 R = 1994 W = 1998 2 = 2002
D = 1983 H = 1987 M = 1991 S = 1995 X = 1999 3 = 2003
E = 1984 J = 1988 N = 1992 T = 1996 Y = 2000

The eleventh character indicates the assembly plant.
In the above Ford VIN Decoder example, the C indicates Ontario, Canada

Characters 12-17 represent the vehicle's unique fingerprint.
It is these six digits which make every single vehicle in the world different.
Old 6/8/04, 08:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Joe L@June 8, 2004, 9:10 PM
I received the following email from my salesman today concerning the black 2005 GT I ordered through him about 2 weeks ago:

"Joe, Your Order # is **** your order is unscheduled and Clean meaning that is just waiting on a slot at the plant. This status most likely not change till some time in July".

Does this mean that my order has actually been placed with Ford or do I need to keep riding my salesman to make certain he get's the order placed?

thats normal
Old 6/8/04, 08:42 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kevinb120+June 8, 2004, 8:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ June 8, 2004, 8:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Joe L@June 8, 2004, 9:10 PM

thats normal [/b][/quote]
KevinB,

Thanks for the reply. I am glad to hear that all is normal with my order. Does all of this mean I can rest easy knowing that my new Mustang is on it's way to being built and eventually delivered or do I need to continue regular contact with my salesman to get the order placed? Thanks again. B)
Old 6/8/04, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

They just need to make sure they purchase "your" car in the initial batch. Im pretty sure they will have it under control
Old 6/8/04, 09:03 PM
GT Member

Thanks Kevin. I'll have to hug my salesman lioke your quote implies!
Old 6/8/04, 09:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by derynf@June 8, 2004, 7:17 PM
Kev,

###
This is not the vin #, as everyone has said. It is a generic, long model code that Ford uses before a car has a vin. The T82 part is the model code for a GT coupe.
I find it a little strange that your dealer would say it is a vin.
Your car is in the order bank but until it is pulled for production, and given a full 18 digit vin #, you have nothing. It is just a unit in the order bank, and could stay that way forever.
Old 6/8/04, 09:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Joe L+June 8, 2004, 10:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joe L @ June 8, 2004, 10:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by kevinb120@June 8, 2004, 8:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Joe L
@June 8, 2004, 9:10 PM

thats normal
KevinB,

Thanks for the reply. I am glad to hear that all is normal with my order. Does all of this mean I can rest easy knowing that my new Mustang is on it's way to being built and eventually delivered or do I need to continue regular contact with my salesman to get the order placed? Thanks again. B) [/b][/quote]
As Kevin said, your order status is normal, and you do still need to make sure it actually gets scheduled for production. You seem to be concerned so I thought I would help clarify. An unscheduled/clean order is just that; Unscheduled. Not scheduled to be built. And it could stay that way unless your dealer makes sure Ford pulls it for production and gives it a vin#.
Old 6/9/04, 09:07 AM
FR500 Member

Bek, I agree with you about this not being a VIN. I knew this from the start when everyone who had one had the same number. But, it does say "VIN #" on my DORA, and then lists the number, so for some reason the computer is calling it a VIN. Maybe a temporary VIN, to be more precise.
Old 6/9/04, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I pulled out my DORA on my 2001 Bullitt...The area under Vin # says FP42X 1. This turned out to be in the body of my Final Vin # . The VHT82H 5 that we are seeing now I believe will follow the same pattern. As has been suggested, a "Partial" vin for the cars.
Old 6/9/04, 10:08 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah, because that part of the VIN only shows what year, model it will be...but not the actual VIN.
Everyone will have either the same precursor or similar depending on the model they get.
Old 6/9/04, 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Boomer@June 9, 2004, 9:11 AM
Yeah, because that part of the VIN only shows what year, model it will be...but not the actual VIN.
Everyone will have either the same precursor or similar depending on the model they get.
Thanks guys. I was begining to think I was being shined on by my dealer.

"the checks in the mail, I ordered your Gt and I wont'..."
Old 6/9/04, 03:13 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Kevin! Quick question.

I "ordered" my car a few weeks ago and was promised that they would put the order in as one of the two initial cars. Is today the day I call them up and make sure they have it ordered? What should I do?
Old 6/9/04, 03:28 PM

Originally posted by derynf@June 8, 2004, 11:17 PM
Kev,

###
Here's my guess as to what VHT82H5 means, based on my experience with previous Ford VINs..

I think the numbers will be similar to the Probe and recent Cougar, since both were built at Flat Rock.

So..

1ZV - Built in US by AAI
H (or F) - V = Active belts (all positions) and front and side air bags (driver and passenger), F = Active belts (all positions) and front air bags (driver and passenger)
T - All passenger vehicles imported from outside North America or non-Ford build passenger vehicle marketed by Ford in North America
82 (or 80) - 82 = GT coupe, 80 = V6 coupe
H (or N) - H = 4.6L V8, N = 4.0L V6
? - VIN check digit
5 - Model Year 2005
5 (PLT column on dealer order bank screen) - AAI: Flat Rock, Michigan
?????? - 6-digit consecutive unit number

So, since it looks like you ordered a 2005 Mustang GT coupe with side airbags, your VIN will be the following, filling in the ?'s once you know your consecutive unit number, which can then be used to calculate the check digit:
1ZVHT82H?55??????
Old 6/9/04, 03:33 PM

By the way, the check digit can be calculated as seen at this link. B)

Quick Reply: The SCOOP part 3