2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The SCOOP part 3

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/04, 01:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
We are begining the wholesale process from Ford for 05's as of tomorrow. Our initial target is anywhere from 6-12 vehicles for the first batch. We of course will place roughly 100 orders right off the bat, but we are to begin the wholesale process in the immediate future. Ford will offer us a certain ammount of vehicles "for sale" to us and we will of course take every one we can get. We have NO concrete orders placed because we have taken a "hands-off" approach to taking orders unless we can get them. Most likely about 6 or 7 will be qued for production initially. I also discussed pricing, and they are having a manger pow-wow on Stangs and the Hybrid Escape tomorrow. The general consensus so far is that there are to be no markup over retail and the goal is simply to "keep them near MSRP" so there is a little room for "wiggle". Mustangs traditionally are only around $2000 average invocie to sticker, so its pretty hard to get "hosed" anyway. From all we have gathered, other then the initial batches of Mustangs, they should become quite available about 2 months after Job 1. I just wanted to mention that in our metro market, they will not be out to gouge people. I have been waiting to get a "vibe" from management for weeks now. As much as salespeople like to make money, I have never been into going over sticker unless its on the rarest of vehicles(our one 007 tbird last year, for instance), not mainstream ones. I think its pretty good news so far
Old 6/8/04, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Yeah!!

I like this:
From all we have gathered, other then the initial batches of Mustangs, they should become quite available about 2 months after Job 1.
Old 6/8/04, 02:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

They seem pretty laid back about it, it just finally gives an indication of the "mood" of management about the vehicles release. You never know, they could all be like $5k over sticker! NO EXCEPTIONS! But the general consensus is simillar to the F-series release last year, more like "we'll have tons of em eventually, just make sure you order cars that will exist for customers". They are more concerned with promises that can not be met more then anything else. They also made it clear they are not giving them away either. We just have to take one sale at a time untill we are stocked up. B)
Old 6/8/04, 02:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great news Kev!

I eagerly look forward to your prices so I can compare to those in Texas when I start shopping.
Old 6/8/04, 02:15 PM

The general consensus so far is that there are to be no markup over retail and the goal is simply to "keep them near MSRP" so there is a little room for "wiggle".
I'm sure this would be a opinion, but do you think this philosophy will be shared by most dealers around?
Old 6/8/04, 02:16 PM
GT Member

Exclamation

Thanks for the update.
Old 6/8/04, 02:20 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks Kev!
Old 6/8/04, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Great news Kev. Thanks

Would you suggest placing an order at a dealership to get one of these at a reasonable price?
Old 6/8/04, 03:34 PM
FR500 Member

Thanks, kevin. As usual, you have really come through.
Old 6/8/04, 03:40 PM
FR500 Member

By the way, do you know what the chances are of a dealer's first 2 or 3 cars that they buy from Ford actually arriving first on the lot come late September/ early October? I think it was you who was saying a week or so ago that sure, a dealer can buy their first order of cars from Ford, but then they might not get those cars first... it's kinda like whatever they get. Because of course, every dealer across the country isn't going to get the redfire GT Premium that they order. So, what is going on with that? How can I be sure that I get my Mustang in the first batch from my dealer? Anything they can do to make sure they get the cars they actually order, or is mine just gonna get there when it gets there?
Old 6/8/04, 04:03 PM
GT Member

one of the nice things about buying american cars is with all the dealerships for a particular brand it's so easy to shop around and price compare...makes it much easier to get a deal or at least not get hosed. jackg 90seville 94k
Old 6/8/04, 04:09 PM
GT Member

Kevin
I talked to the General Manger of my local Ford dealer today and after talking to him I wanted to ask you a question and see if you have heard the same thing. My dealer has his ordering guide no big deal and he was told that he would be allocated two Mustangs no big deal. At the present time in this area only a few people have expressed intrest in getting a new Mustang and only two and me being one of them have give him any information on what we are looking to purchase. Ok while talked to him today he has hear rumors that Ford is going to restrict the number of Mustang GT's being made in favor of more non GT models. Have you heard this same rumor? I realize rumors are rumors and may mean nothing. One of my other questions is well if he is allowed only two orders do you forsee a problem if a dealer orders two GT models which is what he plans to order? That being said his Ford Rep will be in town tomorrow and he told me he plans to pick his brain on what is going on with the new Mustang and let me know what he finds out. I plan to stop by and talk to him myself. To my knowledge I don't remember on this forum seeing any information that the number of GT being limited but I could be wrong. If anybody has any information about the this issue please rely to this post.

Thank You,
Old 6/8/04, 04:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Pred8tor@June 8, 2004, 3:18 PM
The general consensus so far is that there are to be no markup over retail and the goal is simply to "keep them near MSRP" so there is a little room for "wiggle".
I'm sure this would be a opinion, but do you think this philosophy will be shared by most dealers around?
Typically what we do, the other dealers have too as well. Its way too competitive around here. Im not saying you can expect more then 500 off right now, if that, its just that they dont want to gouge.
Old 6/8/04, 04:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by acadian@June 8, 2004, 4:43 PM
By the way, do you know what the chances are of a dealer's first 2 or 3 cars that they buy from Ford actually arriving first on the lot come late September/ early October? I think it was you who was saying a week or so ago that sure, a dealer can buy their first order of cars from Ford, but then they might not get those cars first... it's kinda like whatever they get. Because of course, every dealer across the country isn't going to get the redfire GT Premium that they order. So, what is going on with that? How can I be sure that I get my Mustang in the first batch from my dealer? Anything they can do to make sure they get the cars they actually order, or is mine just gonna get there when it gets there?
Well Ford will say, you have ## cars we will allot for you, how do you want them. Now, what exact order they get built will be up to the factory. The dealer simply must make sure YOUR specific order gets placed as one of the allotted cars. Otherwise they have to wait untill Ford tells the dealer they can have more built.
Old 6/8/04, 04:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by justgreat@June 8, 2004, 5:06 PM
one of the nice things about buying american cars is with all the dealerships for a particular brand it's so easy to shop around and price compare...makes it much easier to get a deal or at least not get hosed. jackg 90seville 94k
Not only are there more dealers, but supply is always a flood of available product.
Unlike japaneese cars, EVERY single american car has been bought by a dealer before it is made. Many import dealers "order" a car and simply wait untill one can be had. They have been getting better with US built cars, but this is why there appears to be "shortages" of certain cars or minivans. Its not that they cant keep them on lots, its more like they have to wait for them to come out. A lot of the crossovers, like accord based Odessy and Pilot are not priority cars with Honda who is trying to make as many sedans as possible to go against Camry. The percieved rarity of these vehicles makes us stupid americans pay top dollar for a puposely created shortage. If we want 50 freestars, we ORDER 50 freestars, there is a Freestar-only plant, and they promptly come in. Then buyers are like "there ARE TONS of freestars on the lot, and a waiting list on Odessy, so it must be better" :bang: We need a sheep emoticon.
Old 6/8/04, 04:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by elwhit95@June 8, 2004, 5:12 PM
Kevin
I talked to the General Manger of my local Ford dealer today and after talking to him I wanted to ask you a question and see if you have heard the same thing. My dealer has his ordering guide no big deal and he was told that he would be allocated two Mustangs no big deal. At the present time in this area only a few people have expressed intrest in getting a new Mustang and only two and me being one of them have give him any information on what we are looking to purchase. Ok while talked to him today he has hear rumors that Ford is going to restrict the number of Mustang GT's being made in favor of more non GT models. Have you heard this same rumor? I realize rumors are rumors and may mean nothing. One of my other questions is well if he is allowed only two orders do you forsee a problem if a dealer orders two GT models which is what he plans to order? That being said his Ford Rep will be in town tomorrow and he told me he plans to pick his brain on what is going on with the new Mustang and let me know what he finds out. I plan to stop by and talk to him myself. To my knowledge I don't remember on this forum seeing any information that the number of GT being limited but I could be wrong. If anybody has any information about the this issue please rely to this post.

Thank You,
They always make more V6 then GT's. I didnt hear anything from our guy. He just said if you have orders let him know, hes going to hit Ford for as many vehicles as possible non stop. Remember, hardly ANYONE knows this car is out, magazine sales a few months ago is NOTHING like the boom this car will have when it rolls on the road. It may be easier to get one pre-release then in the first few months after they arrive. It is a lot easier to sell a car when it is right there in 3d in front of someone. Pictures and web sites do not spur emotions like one in the lane next to you does. If you want one, get it ordered and baby sit it untill he confirms it will be built. I cant see a dealer not being able to get at least ONE gt.
Old 6/8/04, 04:52 PM

The dealership that I have been working with called today and took my order.My sales guy said they were only getting two (GT and V6) and after those two the dealership would have to wait a few months before their next shipment.
One of those two (GT) will be mine..
Old 6/8/04, 05:09 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kevin, great info as usual

question... how long do you think the wait will be (estimate) to get a Mustang built once production is up to full speed? In the event that I cannot find the car I want on the lot.
Old 6/8/04, 05:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kev,
Just checked with my dealer to make sure mine will be ordered. I got this response:

Your Mustang has been ordered. The first part of the vin number is VHT82H5
and the receipt date for the order to Ford was May 25, 2004.

###
Old 6/8/04, 06:16 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kevinb120+June 8, 2004, 4:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ June 8, 2004, 4:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-elwhit95@June 8, 2004, 5:12 PM
Kevin

Thank You,
They always make more V6 then GT's. I didnt hear anything from our guy. He just said if you have orders let him know, hes going to hit Ford for as many vehicles as possible non stop. Remember, hardly ANYONE knows this car is out, magazine sales a few months ago is NOTHING like the boom this car will have when it rolls on the road. It may be easier to get one pre-release then in the first few months after they arrive. It is a lot easier to sell a car when it is right there in 3d in front of someone. Pictures and web sites do not spur emotions like one in the lane next to you does. If you want one, get it ordered and baby sit it untill he confirms it will be built. I cant see a dealer not being able to get at least ONE gt. [/b][/quote]
Thanks Kevin
I would hope he can get to Mustang GT's. I'm not so worried about him not ordering one the General Manager for this lot is a close friend and the man who took my father's job when he retired a couple of years ago. I got an awsome to say the least deal on my current 2002 Cougar when I purchased and I know I got a good deal. It seemed odd I went into the dealership, looked at the invoices, went to the car, drove it home and around and then back to the dealership. Was told to come back in an hour after they cleaned the car. I did that and left again in my new car plus the ususal paperwork. I have yet until I get this car signed my name to so many pieces of paperwork lol. Anyway that is good news to hear and I hope and expect to hear that from my dealership tomorrow. It just sounded odd and you are correct there will always be more V6 models made over the V8 any day but I can't see Ford saying "look yeah you can order only two cars right now but one can only be a GT the other has to be a V6 model." That doesn't make sense and that is what Paul (my dealership's GM) said to me and the fact that will end up ticking off a lot of people who are wanting GT's right off the bat. I will will let you all know if and when I find out anything tmorrow.

Thanks

Quick Reply: The SCOOP part 3