2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Scared!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/07 | 12:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by AWmustang
I don't think i'll ever understand this. Buy a car you love and then never (or very rarely) enjoy it.

I bought my Mustang to drive it... not collect dust in the garage.
i feel the same way, i bought my acr in july, has 12000 miles on it now. howver. i as well bought a second car. keeps the excitement alive, and reduces me having to care of where i park it, and for idiots sliding into me on snowy roads

Pitch Black: Its already been said, but the best thing to do is just leave nothing easily noticeable in the car, dont give them any reason to break into it. but the story sounds more like straight vandalism.. in which case having an aftermarket alarm won't really help, they'll just key the car or pop the tires and when the alarm goes off... they run. Remember its just a car, you carry insurance for these reasons, so look at it as a $500 fix instead of legal fee's, court costs, criminal record, and lost time from sitting in jail from trying to take care of someone who you think is the person who was doing it where in reality although most likely not, the person you just kicked the crap out of or shot might have had nothing to do with your car getting messed up. just my .02
Old 3/5/07 | 12:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by lodom
I have my HCA in the state of TN, and it is definately illegal to carry a pistol, loaded or not, on school property and even in state parks. Also, you can not use the pistol to defend property, only your life or anothers, but only in self defense. Yes, the law is restrictive.
It's not so much hurting or shooting them, but the threat the echo of a serious piece of hardware will make anyone **** their pants and in ct i can carry my pistols anywhere
Old 3/5/07 | 01:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by lodom
Also, you can not use the pistol to defend property, only your life or anothers, but only in self defense. Yes, the law is restrictive.
Not contradicting you, but that brought to mind the L.A. Riots that we had over here in South Central several years ago. You could see many shop owners atop their roof tops brandishing rifles. If they were to shoot someone trying to break in and loot their store, I wonder how the law would treat them?
Old 3/5/07 | 01:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Rebel73
Not contradicting you, but that brought to mind the L.A. Riots that we had over here in South Central several years ago. You could see many shop owners atop their roof tops brandishing rifles. If they were to shoot someone trying to break in and loot their store, I wonder how the law would treat them?
True, but I guess it wouldn't really matter to the guy who got shot would it? There is a difference between SHOULD DO and CAN DO, and an angry shop owner standing on a rooftop with a rifle is a pretty good deterrent to breaking into a store I think.
Old 3/5/07 | 02:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I don't think i'll ever understand this. Buy a car you love and then never (or very rarely) enjoy it.

There are two ways to look at this. I admit, it is a struggle, and in the winter months, mine does collect a lot of dust. I don't like this fact, but the punishment a car takes during the winter months in the north is bad. Rocks, pebbles, salt, sand, snow, sand trucks, ice..etc etc. I'm paying monthly for this car and I want it to look like I Just bought it when I'm done paying WITHOUT spending another $5,000 to repaint etc. I totally relate to your "I bought this car cause I like it and want to drive it" statement, but for me the winter time just isn't feasible for me. Just way too much risk for damage.
Old 3/5/07 | 04:40 PM
I lust for a M24

Simple. I enjoy driving my car, but I also enjoy owning it, and keeping it damage free. I plan on keeping the car a long time, and would rather not have it taken apart to have new glass instaled, and repainted, etc...
Having a DD makes me enjoy the Mustang more.
Old 3/5/07 | 06:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

okay... maybe the gun thing was a scarastic, i was just showin how p'oed i'd be... but as far as buyin a beater car.. i had thought about it a long time ago for the snw... but again... where i live is def. different than the city... an i don't have the time nor money to invest in a garage... simply put... if my car wasn't a daily driver it would be 2x as prone to get hurt... b/c if you knw something is their and not being watched it... makes ya curious...

thanks for the suggestion on the beater though, like i said i considered it for the winter but figured out snow tires made my car go like a charm, with studs of course...
but i didn't see that anyone thought a security system was worth getting... hmm
Old 3/5/07 | 06:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Scared!!!!
by Pitch Black

Hey I may be scared !!!too if it were Pitch Black ! get it LOL
Old 3/6/07 | 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Pitch Black
okay... maybe the gun thing was a scarastic, i was just showin how p'oed i'd be... but as far as buyin a beater car.. i had thought about it a long time ago for the snw... but again... where i live is def. different than the city... an i don't have the time nor money to invest in a garage... simply put... if my car wasn't a daily driver it would be 2x as prone to get hurt... b/c if you knw something is their and not being watched it... makes ya curious...

thanks for the suggestion on the beater though, like i said i considered it for the winter but figured out snow tires made my car go like a charm, with studs of course...
but i didn't see that anyone thought a security system was worth getting... hmm
By the time the security system goes off, the damage may have already been done.

Getting the car inside or having a DD is the best solutions to this. Unattended car for any amount of time is enough to increase the risk. Been there myself.

Be mindful where you go in it and where you park it. Sometimes parking way out from others is attracting attention too. Parking in a secured area or paying for a university preferred parking area might be worth the extra. Many do that here in the city.

Thoughts for the inventors amongst us;- an audio/video proximity surveillance auto security system.
Old 3/6/07 | 03:05 PM
GT Member

Already invented ... OBS Insight

Originally Posted by Stangette
Thoughts for the inventors amongst us;- an audio/video proximity surveillance auto security system.
Old 3/6/07 | 04:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
True, but I guess it wouldn't really matter to the guy who got shot would it? There is a difference between SHOULD DO and CAN DO, and an angry shop owner standing on a rooftop with a rifle is a pretty good deterrent to breaking into a store I think.
I never said I agree with the law, but I'm just quoting what was explained to me in the 8 hour class. The officer who taught the class said the only time you'll see his pistol, is when you see the muzzle flash. I would have reacted the same way in the LA riot situation, but it really is a different situation.
Old 3/6/07 | 08:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yes, it really is a different situation. I would have been on my roof with a few firearms myself if I was stuck in that situation. I wouldn't have shot anyone trying to break into my store, but I don't think anyone would have tried either. Nothing more intimidating than the sound of a shotgun racking a shell in, I know.
I'm a police officer, and it seems every dirtbag in America knows that sound for some reason. It's amazing how compliant people get when they hear that sound! They will lead a 20 mile pursuit, nearly kill many people in the process, crash, run on foot, etc...but when they hear that sound...instant obedience!! Love it!!
Old 3/7/07 | 01:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Simple. I enjoy driving my car, but I also enjoy owning it, and keeping it damage free. I plan on keeping the car a long time, and would rather not have it taken apart to have new glass instaled, and repainted, etc...
Having a DD makes me enjoy the Mustang more.
amen to that my road is white right now, and asphalt is black normally, therefore shes not coming out till springtime, around week three in april when the town sends out the street sweepers
Old 3/7/07 | 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cookiemonster
Already invented ... OBS Insight

Maker should advertise more with all the Hot Rod Owners out there. Albeit it may not stop the damage to One's car, at least One can identlfy the Offender and perhaps take legal action. They might pay to fix it when One goes ahead to "play the video tape".