2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Saleen on Transformers and the Mustang/Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11/25/07 | 03:12 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by ren274u
i was at the miami auto show and the **** concept had 20 inch hubcaps with fake rotors, it was hilarious
Oh yeah - that thing was a total joke - I was checking it out on the roped off pedestal since you could get closer than last year and started checking out the rear fascia.... then noticed the exhust tips were recessed like 6 inches INTO the fascia openings.... WTF???

So I hunker down and look underneath and see black enhaust pipes WAY too small for the new Camaro... and realize I am looking at a dummy car

I tried to grab a pic too - lookit the rust and road grit on this 'new' camaro showcar

(and the front end fender wheel gap was huge - I bet it didn't even have a V8 block in it)
Attached Thumbnails Saleen on Transformers and the Mustang/Camaro-img_1490.jpg  
Old 11/25/07 | 04:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GPStang06
Now I wonder what will happen if in the next movie if Ford or even Toyota for that matter ups sponsor cost.
Ford would be cool, but I'm biased. I'll reserve comment about the other brand
Old 11/25/07 | 05:28 PM

So nobody thinks he's playing to the crowd?
Old 11/25/07 | 08:35 PM
GT Member

Just watched the bonus CD yesturday and Michael Bay talked about the Camero a bit but never mention Saleen. ... and came to Barricade he never mention what car it was and spent maybe 90 seconds total on it.
Not surprised at all. Michael Bay sells out pretty quickly, I'm just glad the film didn't turn into an excuse to advertise everything.

Best proof of this was a few months back when Paramount announced they were going to stop supporting BluRay and go HDDVD only. Bay spoke out about this for a day, saying that it was removing consumer choice from those looking to buy his movies. Literally 24 hours later, Bay was singing the praises of HDDVD. One has to wonder what his cut was of the payoff the HDDVD group gave to Paramount.
Old 11/26/07 | 08:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by drakino
Not surprised at all. Michael Bay sells out pretty quickly, I'm just glad the film didn't turn into an excuse to advertise everything.

Best proof of this was a few months back when Paramount announced they were going to stop supporting BluRay and go HDDVD only. Bay spoke out about this for a day, saying that it was removing consumer choice from those looking to buy his movies. Literally 24 hours later, Bay was singing the praises of HDDVD. One has to wonder what his cut was of the payoff the HDDVD group gave to Paramount.
Money talks and everyone has a price!

**** Dave, I wish I could have made it to see that at the show.

Has any pics of what the actual production Camero is going to look like been released or are they claiming it's going to look just like the concept?
Old 11/26/07 | 09:43 AM
Big Falken Tires

Money talks and everyone has a price!

**** Dave, I wish I could have made it to see that at the show.

Has any pics of what the actual production Camero is going to look like been released or are they claiming it's going to look just like the concept?
I'd swear there were some pics on Autoblog of test mules being driven in Australia- don't have the link handy though - wait found it but its just the drivetrain under a Commodore shell

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...eID=42150&vf=2

Hey Gary - show was pretty cool - was really hoping to see the Challenger but no dice. Miami always gets overshadowed by L.A. for the really HOT stuff.

And don't sweat that sunday - we never made it out to 27 that day (one drop out and my buddies bike had tech problems). I'll let you know when we reschedule!
Old 11/26/07 | 11:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
I'd swear there were some pics on Autoblog of test mules being driven in Australia- don't have the link handy though - wait found it but its just the drivetrain under a Commodore shell

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...eID=42150&vf=2

Hey Gary - show was pretty cool - was really hoping to see the Challenger but no dice. Miami always gets overshadowed by L.A. for the really HOT stuff.

And don't sweat that sunday - we never made it out to 27 that day (one drop out and my buddies bike had tech problems). I'll let you know when we reschedule!
Cool cool. Hey, a bunch of us did a photoshoot last night just outside of South Beach under that overpas..NIGHT SHOOT! Go over the the South Florida forums and check them out. I have to do some more editing on mine then I will post up here.
Old 11/26/07 | 02:22 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
So nobody thinks he's playing to the crowd?
I thought Saleen was, I'm sure if he went to a Mustang event and said Bubmlebee was super cool and that the 5th gen was gonna totally kick butt, he'd find himself in rare company.
Old 11/26/07 | 03:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member